The Word 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:11-12,

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Life is not in the scriptures, life is in the Son. When you search the scriptures you search them to see the Son in them. Only when the scripture is searched in this way can you get full meaning or understanding of the scripture. When men search to prove a certain doctrine or a point of view they so cherish, they miss the scriptures purpose. Remember life will only be found in the Son, the word, and not in the scriptures. Now this can be powerful for your understanding if you can grasp the difference.

We are very quick to call our bibles the word of God, I do it and most everyone does, but our bibles are very clear on what and who the word of God is. When Jesus makes his triumphant return he will have written accross his breast, the word of God. The point is not to split hairs over what to call our bibles; it is to say that unless we search the scriptures for him, Jesus the word of God, we miss the reason the bible was written.

There is another scripture in Romans 5:10, that needs a deep search in your study time,

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Every baby born into this world has the potential to be an enemy of God. I know how cute they can be but there will come a time when the sin nature in them will rule over them. But what needs to be looked at in Romans is the last line that says "we shall be saved by his life." Reconciliation is easy for a believer, it's instantaneous when they believe. But being saved by his life is entirely a whole different process, the process of "the making of a son."

The scriptures will not save you per say, it is the word of God only that will be your saving grace. What is saved by his life, remember reconciliation has taken place. It's the molding and making of a son. What is the saving grace there, deliverance, freedom, not being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine, understanding the scriptures and there purpose, on and on we can go with what comes out of the saving life of Christ in you the hope of glory.

Reactions: Helen and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Life is not in the scriptures, life is in the Son. When you search the scriptures you search them to see the Son in them. Only when the scripture is searched in this way can you get full meaning or understanding of the scripture. When men search to prove a certain doctrine or a point of view they so cherish, they miss the scriptures purpose. Remember life will only be found in the Son, the word, and not in the scriptures. Now this can be powerful for your understanding if you can grasp the difference.

We are very quick to call our bibles the word of God, I do it and most everyone does, but our bibles are very clear on what and who the word of God is. When Jesus makes his triumphant return he will have written accross his breast, the word of God. The point is not to split hairs over what to call our bibles; it is to say that unless we search the scriptures for him, Jesus the word of God, we miss the reason the bible was written.

There is another scripture in Romans 5:10, that needs a deep search in your study time,

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Every baby born into this world has the potential to be an enemy of God. I know how cute they can be but there will come a time when the sin nature in them will rule over them. But what needs to be looked at in Romans is the last line that says "we shall be saved by his life." Reconciliation is easy for a believer, it's instantaneous when they believe. But being saved by his life is entirely a whole different process, the process of "the making of a son."

The scriptures will not save you per say, it is the word of God only that will be your saving grace. What is saved by his life, remember reconciliation has taken place. It's the molding and making of a son. What is the saving grace there, deliverance, freedom, not being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine, understanding the scriptures and there purpose, on and on we can go with what comes out of the saving life of Christ in you the hope of glory.

So true, as it says in scripture;

John 5:39-40 (NASB)
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

As you brought forth, there is a great difference between knowing the words scripture and knowing the one scriptures point to. For scripture, the written word of God, points to the Living Word of God. Though knowing what the words of scripture say, is a necessary first step, than the second step is being obedient to that written word, or as scripture calls it, being a “doer of the word”. We are to “come to Jesus that we might receive life.” For scriptures are like a map telling where and how to go to get what we need. They in themselves can not give the soul what it needs, only going to Christ Jesus personally for that one and one time can grow the Divine Nature in a soul. Or as scripture calls in “Christ being formed in us”

Be blessed Soul Man for once again bringing forth a true and life bringing post. May God fill you with Himself in your inner man in a new and awesome way.

Love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: soul man

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First Good topic, second,
The point is not to split hairs over what to call our bibles; it is to say that unless we search the scriptures for him, Jesus the word of God, we miss the reason the bible was written.
agreed 100%, search for JESUS.

John 20:27 "Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed".

how do you believe God, the TRUTH? as said, search the SCRIPTURES, put your fingers in the Bible/ his Side, and believe.

John 20:24 "But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
John 20:25 "The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

now, beside the bible, what do you have to make you believe? the preacher? which one? the one of God sent or the one satan sent?
READ YOUR BIBLES WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, and then walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Ephesians 5:15 (kjv).

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen and soul man

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But being saved by his life is entirely a whole different process, the process of "the making of a son."
Hi soul man,

Question, are you a son when you become born again, or do you become a son at some time later?

Much love!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi soul man,

Question, are you a son when you become born again, or do you become a son at some time later?

Much love!

The moment you were born again, you just have no knowledge about being a son to go with the new birth.

Reactions: marks

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Praise God brother...another word...right ON!! :)

If this is 'The Word #2 ', I obviously must have miss -'The Word #1' ????:(

Last edited: