"The Word Was A God"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued from part 1 Is Jesus Christ Really GOD? Part 2

Jesus Came Down from Heaven That truth is so plain a child can understand it -- yet some have become befuddled and baffled and confused. Furthermore, in John chapter 6, Jesus plainly says, "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me" (John 6:38). He said further, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven"(verse 51). Read this whole chapter. But unfortunately, those who have been bamboozled by Satan's dirty tricks campaign, cannot see this plain truth any more at all. They have become strung out on pseudo-scholarship and false, deadly mis-reasoning. They ASSUME that since the ONE QUOTED in Isaiah says, "I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" (Isaiah 44:6), and since they ASSUME that that individual is the Father, that therefore JESUS CHRIST could not be God! However, as I show in my article "Who Was the YHVH of the Old Testament?", the One who is doing the speaking in Isaiah 44:6 is the "WORD" -- THE LOGOS -- the "Spokesman" of the God Family! He is the very ONE WHO BECAME CHRIST! This one verse in Isaiah should not be construed to be the basis of all major theological doctrine concerning GOD and His nature -- it is merely one verse among many. To get to the truth of the matter, we must put ALL the Scriptures together! Notice! One powerful Scripture that PROVES beyond legitimate question that the YHVH of the Old Testament is the very One who became Jesus Christ is revealed in the book of Zechariah the prophet! We read, "Then shall the LORD [YHVH] go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And HIS FEET shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives . . ." (Zech.14:3-4). Who is the "Lord" who will go forth to fight the nations and whose feet will stand on the mount of Olives when He returns? None other than Jesus Christ! Notice!

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" (Rev.19:11-16). It is Jesus Christ who is going to return to this earth and fill it with the blood of wicked and apostate men and women! Further proof that this is the same YHVH that Zechariah foretold is revealed in the book of Acts. As Jesus ascended to heaven on a cloud out of the sight of His disciples, two angels stood by and told the disciples: "This 140 same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven" (Acts 1:11). Where did Jesus ascend to heaven from, and to what point will He therefore descend, "in like manner"? "Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the MOUNT CALLED OLIVET, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey" (verse 12). Jesus Christ will return to the Mount of Olives, in plain view of all the nations -- and then He will go forth to fight against their combined armies, and destroy them -- just as was prophesied by Zechariah of the "LORD" GOD of the Old Testament (Zech.14:1-4)! What could be plainer than that? "I Saw Satan as Lightning Fall from Heaven!"

Did Jesus Christ pre-exist as "God"? Jesus said plainly to the Pharisees of His day, who accused Him of having a demon, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad" (John 8:56). The Jews replied, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" Jesus replied: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58). This is a perfectly clear reference to the fact that Jesus PRE-EXISTED even Abraham, and lived long before His human birth in the virgin Mary! Did Jesus live back in the time before all human life on earth was created? He told His very own disciples, who rejoiced that they had been given power to cast out demons: "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven" (Luke 10:18). Jesus was present, then, when Satan himself was cast out of heaven, long before humans were ever created! Isaiah the prophet speaks of Satan's fall in that distant, primordial time, the misty past: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations [of angels, whom he led astray -- one third of the angels in heaven followed him in his rebellion -- see Rev.12:3-4]! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit" (Isa.14:12-15). Satan's rebellion occurred long before there were any human beings created on the earth. Ezekiel the prophet tells us that Satan originally was one of the created cherubim and walked in the original Garden of Eden (Ezek.28:12-13). He was the "anointed cherub that covered" the throne of God and was "upon the mountain of God" and "walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire" (verse 14). God says of him, "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, TILL INIQUITY [LAWLESSNESS] was found in thee" (v.15).

Because of his pride and arrogance, God cast him out of heaven, out of the mountain of God (vs.16-17). This sin of Satan occurred perhaps millions of years ago, for Jesus said of him 141 very clearly, "He [Satan] was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, becaue there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh on his own: for he is a LIAR, and the father of it" (John 8:44). If Jesus saw Satan fall from heaven, as He so clearly says He did, then HE CERTAINLY MUST HAVE PRE-EXISTED SATAN HIMSELF! To believe otherwise is to call Jesus Christ the MESSIAH a "liar," and to call Him a liar is to invalidate one's own salvation and to make shipwreck of the true faith! Jesus is the "Word" of God, and that Word cannot lie (Titus 1:2, John 17:17, 10:35). Jesus' Own Words In Answer to This Question The fact is, in John, chapter 5, Jesus forever settles and puts to rest the false doctrine and Satanic belief that He is not God -- very God -- the offspring of the Father! In this chapter, let us study carefully and cautiously, and read HIS VERY OWN WORDS on the subject! Jesus declared: "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work" (John 5:17).

Notice! In this very verse Jesus puts Himself on a par with the Father, saying in effect that He HIMSELF was doing the very work of God the Father. The Jews who heard Him were distressed. Notice! "Therefore sought the JEWS THE MORE TO KILL HIM, because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that GOD WAS HIS FATHER, making himself EQUAL WITH GOD" (John 5:18). The Jews understood what Jesus implied -- what He meant, when He literally called God His "Father," and said He worked as His Father worked. They were furious at this! They wanted to kill Christ for heresy! Jesus declared: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. . . . For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should HONOUR THE SON, EVEN AS THEY HONOUR THE FATHER. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (John 5:19-23). How clear! Jesus Christ, the MESSIAH, is just like the Father! He does the VERY WORKS OF THE FATHER! Even as the Father, who is God, raises the DEAD, so Jesus Christ has entered into this very same work -- He has this very same AUTHORITY! ONLY GOD CAN RAISE THE DEAD! Since Jesus has been given this authority, even as the Father has it, He also is very God of very GOD! Notice further! Jesus went on, "For as the Father hath life IN HIMSELF; so hath he given to the Son TO HAVE LIFE IN HIMSELF; and hath given him AUTHORITY 142 TO EXECUTE JUDGMENT also, because he is the Son of man" (John 8:26-27). Only GOD has "life in Himself."

To be continued:

Love, Walter

Reactions: L.A.M.B.