The Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1,

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I want to look at something you may or may not ever given much thought to. The scriptures are given to us by men under the inspiration of God. That means when they wrote they wrote based on their creation. Take Isaiah and say Amos, they both basically wrote the same thing. The difference is Isaiah the silver tongue prophet he took 66 chapters, and Amos being a farm boy only took 9 chapters. What was the difference? Their character, personalities, their creation. They wrote as they were according to their creation.

Now we want to look at how the scriptures portray the word of God. All through scripture the word of God is a person, and according to the scriptures the word became flesh. It's like when asked about truth, with so many religions to choose from which one has the truth? Simple, the one that has Christ as it's truth. So our text says "and the word was God." This is the place you go to end any doubt about Jesus being God the Son.

A quick little note on the trinity! You don't have to explain it, you can't, not without sounding like you fell off the turnip wagon. People are either going to believe or not, you don't have to convince them!

God wants us to know his son, the purpose of the scriptures is to reveal the son. The son will never speak of himself, but only of his father. What a lovely relationship that goes on between God the Father, God the Son, and God the HolySpirit. That is what is happening in you right now, fellowship between the God head bodily. You know why we need to know the son? because he is the one that will reveal his father to us. No man see's the father lest he reveal him. And the Hebrew writer said that God speaks to us by his son.

So it's the word we need to know, you can make the scriptures say anything you want, but you can't do that with the word. Every good religion uses alot of scripture to prove it's point. Most cults use the scriptures in one way or another. So the word made manifest to you is what is needed, Christ alive in you. Not just another religion, but a lifestyle that fits the scriptures. That is where we get the word Christian from, they were Christ-ians, Christ-persons. Christ alive in his body doing the doing, it's him now not you. The word has come alive in you and you act like it, express it to the world and wherever you are it's Christ.

Paul said it plain and simple, "it is Christ." Some how we can miss the easy stuff and try to master all the mysteries of the universe. To smart for our own good sometime, take the simple word of God and see what it says to you. Study it, relook at things from time to time, I know you have all revelation there is to get, but maybe the word has something new and a fresh just for you. If it ever comes alive to a believer they will never be the same, changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I love it when I'm reading and I find a new verse that says or shows that Jesus is God! (I mean, they aren't new verses, they've been there all along and I've read them numerous times, but I never noticed, you know?)

I found one of them a few days ago in Romans.

Romans 9:5 - ...Christ himself was an Israelite as far as His human nature is concerned. And He is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise.

Reactions: soul man and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addressing the OP. first thank for the topic. second, this is good with a closed, and already made up mind. if one discover something new, do it fit with the thinking that you been taught, or is it different from traditional teaching that you been taught.
yes, John 1:1 is a new diecovery for some but the entire bible is a new beginning for me. it's like I'm a new creation, with everything new, and ready to be discovered. every scripture when I was a babe, is now meat for me as a man. the renewing of one's mind is an exciting experence. when I gave up that security blanket of traditional teaching as a babe. at first, yes, it was scary, but God Comforted me, and brought me along, hand in hand. now the bible is full of exciting new things and new discoveries. as the apotle Paul said, "to know him, and the POWER of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death, MY JOY IS FULL, AND AS A MATTER OF FACT TO KNOW THE REAL TRUTH NOW, MY CUP RUNNETH OVER.

PICJAG.

Reactions: soul man