The worship of many gods

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Question, I have a theory: I think that in the beginning, before Cain built his city and gained his power from the devil, that the 6th day creation and the 8th day creation; all mankind knew that there was one God and 3 persons in one God and they knew of the Lord and his law.I think that Cain needed power and his transaction with the devil was to pervert this knowledge in Babylon and elsewhere.In Genesis it says that men started to call on the name of the Lord. Since both Cain and Able brought offerings, they already were calling on the Lord. According to the Companion Bible explaination; this calling; men calling on the Lord was not to call on the Lord but to call on something and call it the Lord. Which was,the begining of perversion of true worship.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
What was known of God was transferred through Adam to his decendants. Adam, we know from the scribings of the servant, walked with God, and most likely knew Him better than any until Enoch. Whether or not Adam was aware of the distinction between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit may not be known until we can ask either Adam or God himself, but it is likely Adam understood the prophecy concerning that which would crush the Serpents head. We also know that the early lovers and servants of God understood they were pilgrims and Abraham himself looked for a City who builder and maker is God. If you ever have the chance to read the book of Jasher you may find help in gaining a better understand of what men in Adams and Enochs time did to mimic and fabricate what they understood to be the kingdom of God. A more complete story of Nimrod is to be found in this book and his attempts to create a kingdom to rival the kingdom of God. He was a hunter of men and brought them together for the purpose of building a kingdom.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with you ROS.The key elements for me are manifest in the many similar stories about creation events and other Biblical events which are found all over the world. The stories are startlingly similar in events from various walks of life. "Science" has tried to say that YHVH was derived from these Gods but it is clearly the other way around. How could we have arrived at having gods without not first arriving at the idea of a God, the God?The Biblical clue for Cain's treachery is in the name of his son, Enoch. Enoch literally means "teacher" - there have been those that want to dispute this, but a word study of the Hebrew name confirms its meaning. Names are very important in the Bible and particularly in this area of Genesis. Keep in mind that a city (fortified, sprawling city) was built (clearly not the work of a single man or a man and his son) and it was named after his son. There's a huge clue in this for me right there - this city, Enoch, was where Cain setup shop and taught his lies.If you begin to look at early mythology, you'll begin to noticed a trend. There is a startling series of mockery to be found in both the names and traits of the Gods. You have had and do have dragon worship in the far east, the presence of serpent in religion and mythology, the presence of gods that bare remarkable resemblances to those in the Garden of Eden, and a very, very confusing web of god names that often overlap even during the same time period. It's all confusion and Babel and it works unto this day as our scientists suggest this nonsense is the precursor to YHVH.Check out these images:(Nordic ca. 400-600 AD)http://www.gotmus.i.se/1engelska/bildstena...miss_nar_a1.jpgQuote from the site:According to Ancient Nordic Mythology, the Midgard serpent coiled itself around Earth, and a serpent biting its own tail is a common symbol of eternity. Babylonian Art[url="http://www.tronchin.com/Art1A/lecture%203.htm]www.tronchin.com/Art1A/lecture%203.htm[/url](Notice some of the symbols used.)Consider Babylon's own setup and association with the Lion (think nemesis of the tribe of Judah as well as cherub-like depictions.)A depiction of the Babylonian god Marduk:http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/recent/iraq/i..._babylon_01.jpgIt is interesting to note that Marduk and the Egpytian god Ra both appeared around the same timeframe (2300-2200 BC). Both of these were revered as sun gods. Marduk was the son of Ea and Dakima. Ea was renowned for knowledge/wisdom and Dakima was regarded as the mother of all living. Sound familiar? It should; I strongly believe these two gods were created to mock Adam and Eve. Marduk being Cain himself as a god which was where he desired to be. The last god, one of the four creation Gods in Babylonian myth was left for none other than you-know-who. Satan. Anu was his name and he was the ruler of all the gods and particularly associated with the sky.Anu is an interesting character. Wikipedia has an excellent article on him and I quote a bit of it for you:
In Sumerian mythology and later for Assyrians and Babylonians, Anu (also An; ) was a sky-god, the god of heaven, lord of constellations, king of gods, spirits and demons, and dwelt in the highest heavenly regions. It was believed that he had the power to judge those who had committed crimes, and that he had created the stars as soldiers to destroy the wicked. He was the father of the Anunnaku (also spelled Anunnaki). In art he was sometimes depicted as a jackal. His attribute was the royal tiara, most times decorated with two pairs of bull horns. He was the oldest god in the Sumerian pantheon, and part of a triad including Enlil, god of the sky and Enki, god of water. He was called Anu by the Akkadians, rulers of Mesopotamia after the conquest of Sumer in 2334 BCE by King Sargon of Akkad. By virtue of being the first figure in a triad consisting of Anu, Bel and Ea, Anu came to be regarded as the father and at first, king of the gods. Anu is so prominently associated with the city of Uruk, Biblical Erech in southern Babylonia that there are good reasons for believing this place to have been the original seat of the Anu cult. If this be correct, then the goddess Inanna (or Ishtar) of Uruk may at one time have been his consort.
Ishtar is where the name Easter comes from. She was the goddess of fertility. Consider what we use to represent Easter - an egg and a rabbit, both signs of fertility. Note the triad as well - a triad appears often as a downright mockery of the trinity. The funny thing is, the writing is on the wall. In the early days of Egypt mummies have been found with buried crosses. Crosses can be found in all aspects of religions across the world. Take the swastika for instance. It was found in Native American cultures for one. It is considered a sacred symbol of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. It was found in the ruins of troy and on artifacts all across Europe.Notice something about it? Look at it nice and hard. Notice how if you straighten the ends out if forms a cross. There's something much more striking about it, though. When you follow the motion of the arms, they follow the motion of the sun in the sky as it rises and sets. The swastika is specifically tied to one of these lies - worship of the sun.I know I ramble, but the web of confusion that fools us to this day is simply astounding.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Thanks, SwampFox, so it's established then, that when mankind was created on the 6th day and Adam's lineage: that they weren't going to evolve into "smarter" beings.So evolution is a myth, along with the many gods conjured up by Cain and his descendents.In the old Testament it talks of the queen of heaven, one of the false gods that God hated. This link has a video ( free ) which if you scroll down pass the woman, you'll see where you can play the entire video or parts.Is this the queen of heaven spoken about in the old testament which is mistakenly worshiped today?http://christiananswers.net/catalog/messages-vs.htmlThanks for the answer, SwampFox

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
The queen of Heaven of Jer 7:18, Jer 44:19, Jer 44:25Is there nothing new under the sun or is this someone different?