The Wrath of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just finished watching a foreign film on Netflix (dubbed) called The Wrath of God. I have goosebumps. It was the most influential movie I've seen in a long time. And I related to the madness so much. You must watch it in one sitting. Powerful. We must really guard our minds, and reading into things what is false, and what is truth. Let me know what you think. BTW, this is a secular film.

I have an old friend that thought everything she thought was the voice of God, therefore, absolute truth. She would always say, "God told me..." Anyone relate? I can. I remember that era when everyone was saying that. Of her, I was skeptical. So I can understand the skepticism that people have with me, because of the gift of the Spirit I have since being baptized in the Spirit. I can tell the difference between my thoughts and what is of God - she couldn't. She has a religious spirit, and by her fruit I know she cannot be saved - she could even be a sociopath with no conscience. And the other side of the coin are those who believe no one can hear God, therefore, cannot believe when I now say "God told me..."

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
, and by her fruit I know she cannot be saved - "

Let see....... you are so """spiritually Gifted""", that you came to tell us that your "Old Friend" can't be saved?
You made the Final Judgement, and God has no say?
So, That is sort of like your Theology.

Also, Is that why you dont tell us how you have been praying for her Salvation, for years?.... As she is an "old friend".

Its a bit late now, 1stCenturyLady, to run back in here and try to tell us about how you have been praying for her Salvation.

Listen...

God forgives SINNERS
IF He saved you, then surely He can save your "old Friend".
The Cross is Jesus come to earth to "save SINNERS"..... remember?

So, your "old Friend", can be saved.......her "fruit", is just the fruit of being a SINNER.
You were that also, remember? And it could be that people thought of you..>"that one is hell bound".

So, what isn't possible for man, is possible for God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let see....... you are so """spiritually Gifted""", that you came to tell us that your "Old Friend" can't be saved?
You made the Final Judgement, and God has no say?
So, That is sort of like your Theology.

Also, Is that why you dont tell us how you have been praying for her Salvation, for years?.... As she is an "old friend".

Its a bit late now, 1stCenturyLady, to run back in here and try to tell us about how you have been praying for her Salvation.

Listen...

God forgives SINNERS
IF He saved you, then surely He can save your "old Friend".
The Cross is Jesus come to earth to "save SINNERS"..... remember?

So, your "old Friend", can be saved.......her "fruit", is just the fruit of being a SINNER.
You were that also, remember? And it could be that people thought of you..>"that one is hell bound".

So, what isn't possible for man, is possible for God.

As one of my enemies, I'm not surprised by your skepticism.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24219_c72800b568b7dd5bb3a904746a383ed9.png

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As one of my enemies, I'm not surprised by your skepticism.

Im not your enemy.
You're Theology and your faithless opinions are your enemy.

also You decided that your "old Friend" is Hellbound.
that's not for you to decide.
I think that if you showed her what you told us here, then you'd find your enemy.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to remind the church to CONTINUE IN CHRIST than to tell them HEY IF YOU STOP BELEIVING , YOU STILL SAVED .
CAUSE THAT IS A LIE FROM HELL . ANYONE with any kind of relationship with GOD
would never tell people EVEN IF YOU STOPPED BELIEVING IN JESUS you GOOD . THAT IS A LIE and its from the devil .
IF one comes OUT from amongst us , aka they stop believing , THEY WERE NEVER OF US . AT LEAST PREACH THAT .
BUT STOP telling folks that even if one stops beleiving they still saved . THAT IS A LIE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should a Christian watch secular TV-MA shows?
For me, I think how Lot was "vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked" (2 Peter 2:7) and I don't want to likewise vex myself by watching non-wholesome movies.
I also suspect that enjoying movies that contain sex, cursing, etc. may violate 1 John 2:15 where we're told "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Reactions: amigo de christo

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Should a Christian watch secular TV-MA shows?
For me, I think how Lot was "vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked" (2 Peter 2:7) and I don't want to likewise vex myself by watching non-wholesome movies.
I also suspect that enjoying movies that contain sex, cursing, etc. may violate 1 John 2:15 where we're told "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
I always find it strange when Christian say ‘ don’t watch this or that ect because it’s worldly ect ‘ Isn’t the internet part of the worlds system, yet here we all are on a forum that has many weird and wonderful discussions that can influence us in all kinds of ways !!
I do understand what you are saying but all of us are part of the world , unless we are like the armish and withdraw completely from technology ect.
So I guess what I am saying is ‘ people in class houses ‘ it’s so easy to see a wrong in what another person does, but in reality we can be doing the same but don’t actually notice !!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have netflix but I have noticed that different countries have different things available to them, I might see if I can find it but sadly I do struggle with sub titles ………
I do know that when the Lord speaks it is a much deeper communication and I kind of just know xx
I do not believe anyone can truly say that someone is beyond the Lords reach with regards to salvation though……..

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always find it strange when Christian say ‘ don’t watch this or that ect because it’s worldly ect ‘ Isn’t the internet part of the worlds system, yet here we all are on a forum that has many weird and wonderful discussions that can influence us in all kinds of ways !!
I do understand what you are saying but all of us are part of the world , unless we are like the armish and withdraw completely from technology ect.
So I guess what I am saying is ‘ people in class houses ‘ it’s so easy to see a wrong in what another person does, but in reality we can be doing the same but don’t actually notice !!
Yeah and we can choose to igonore the ungodly conversations on this site .
My advice is , IF JESUS would not do it , WE dont do it .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by her fruit I know she cannot be saved
I have to say, Sis, that's a remarkable statement. It's just that I don't recall reading in the Bible where someone like a prophet or apostle said "_______ cannot be saved." Do you actually mean that she is so apparently evil that there's no question but that she has committed blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

By the way, I thought of you the other day when I went to the health food store at Blue Mountain Academy. I bought a can of Worthington Vegetarian Burger and FriChik and one of Loma Linda Big Franks. :)

We don't schmooze enough, Sis. :D

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say, Sis, that's a remarkable statement. It's just that I don't recall reading in the Bible where someone like a prophet or apostle said "_______ cannot be saved." Do you actually mean that she is so apparently evil that there's no question but that she has committed blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

By the way, I thought of you the other day when I went to the health food store at Blue Mountain Academy. I bought a can of Worthington Vegetarian Burger and FriChik and one of Loma Linda Big Franks. :)

We don't schmooze enough, Sis. :D

I'm curious how much cans of Choplets and Scallops are. Those are my favorites. They don't make some of my other favorites anymore like the one make out of peanuts into a paste. The name starts with Nut.... It came in the same types of cans that Choplets come in, and you can open both ends, shake out the loaf, and cut it in 1/2 inch slices and fry.

Barn, in scripture you will find Matthew talking about it right above the "I never knew you" verses. Matthew 7:

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just finished watching a foreign film on Netflix (dubbed) called The Wrath of God. I have goosebumps. It was the most influential movie I've seen in a long time. And I related to the madness so much. You must watch it in one sitting. Powerful. We must really guard our minds, and reading into things what is false, and what is truth. Let me know what you think. BTW, this is a secular film.

I have an old friend that thought everything she thought was the voice of God, therefore, absolute truth. She would always say, "God told me..." Anyone relate? I can. I remember that era when everyone was saying that. Of her, I was skeptical. So I can understand the skepticism that people have with me, because of the gift of the Spirit I have since being baptized in the Spirit. I can tell the difference between my thoughts and what is of God - she couldn't. She has a religious spirit, and by her fruit I know she cannot be saved - she could even be a sociopath with no conscience. And the other side of the coin are those who believe no one can hear God, therefore, cannot believe when I now say "God told me..."
Here's something to provoke your thoughts 1CL......talk to me afterwards
61 The Wrath of God Part 1
62 The Wrath of God Part 2

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I have an old friend that thought everything she thought was the voice of God, therefore, absolute truth. She would always say, "God told me..." Anyone relate?..

Yes, a young woman in a Religion forum who co-ran a small Christian ministry group took an instant dislike to me for some reason, suggesting that the "holy spirit" had told her I was no good.
But as time went on and she got to know me better, she sort of apologised, saying that she now realises that we shouldn't always believe that it's the holy spirit talking..:)
(PS- She admitted she was a "wild child" in her younger days, so I'm guessing a few demons from those days latched onto her but hopefully she's getting rid of them)

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady