The Wrath of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]THE LORDS WRATH – how will it happen?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This much prophesied, still to come, Lords Day of vengeance and wrath – may happen at the same time as the next Middle East war. People think there may be a nuclear exchange, but what is more certain is what the prophets say:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 50:25 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The Lord opens His armoury and brings forth the weapons of His wrath, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]for this is His work to be done in the lands of the godless peoples.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 34:5 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]For [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]My sword appears in heaven,[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] it descends in judgement.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Psalm 11:6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The Lord is in heaven, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]raining fiery coals[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] onto the wicked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 66:15-16 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]See, the Lord [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]is coming in fire, like a whirlwind.[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] He will judge with fire, His sword will test mankind and many will be slain by Him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 33:10-12[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] Now I shall arise, says the Lord, I will exalt Myself. You will be as chaff and stubble, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]a wind like fire[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] will consume you. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Whole nations will be heaps of white ash, like thorns cut down and set on fire.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Psalm 144:5-6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Lord, part the heavens. Make [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]lightning flashes far and wide[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 30:30 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Then the Lord will make His voice heard in majesty...descending in fierce anger with [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]devouring flames of fire[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] amid storms and hail.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:23-24 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]See what a scorching wind has gone out from God,[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] a sweeping whirlwind which whirls around the heads of the wicked. The Lords fierce anger is not to be turned aside until He has fully accomplished His purposes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]In Days to come you will understand. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 29:5-6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Yet, the horde of Your enemies will crumble into dust, fly away like chaff. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Suddenly in an instant[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] punishment will come from the Lord, with storms, thunder, earthquakes and great noise and a [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]flame of devouring fire.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 9:19 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The land is scorched by the Lord, the people are like fuel for the fire[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 10:17 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The Light of Israel will become a fire, its Holy One a flame, which, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]in one day will burn up and consume[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]His thorns and briars.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 30:26 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]On the Day that the Lord saves His people, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]the sun will shine with seven times its usual brightness[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and the moon will be as bright as the sun.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]See; the Lord comes from afar, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. His lips are charged with wrath and His [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]tongue is a devouring fire. His breath is like a torrent in spate. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]He[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]sieves out the nations for destruction. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Isaiah 63:1-6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What these (and other) prophecies say, seems to me to be describing sunspot activity.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Maybe the sun is building up to a huge coronal mass ejection. This can happen very suddenly and unexpectedly, reaching earth within hours and would be capable of causing enormous damage and deaths worldwide.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]All electrical and communications systems, industry, transport, you name it, could be destroyed, or at least severely damaged. Armies would be back to 1800’s technology.[/SIZE]

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The Bride of Christ is not subject the wrath of God Jesus, Its like the groom beating up the bride! Enjoy and that will never happen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Church is not the bride of Christ. The Church is the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:27, Ephesians 4:12, Ephesians 5:23, The bride of Christ is the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven. Revelation 21:2, Revelation 21:9, 10, 11.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
The Church is not the bride of Christ. The Church is the body of Christ.
They're the same thing kiddo. The church is the bride and the body of Christ.

The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church. These are those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal savior and have received eternal life. In the New Testament, Christ, the Bridegroom, has sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride (Ephesians 5:25-27). Just as there was a betrothal period in biblical times during which the bride and groom were separated until the wedding, so is the bride of Christ separate from her Bridegroom during the church age. Her responsibility during the betrothal period is to be faithful to Him (2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:24). At the Second Coming of Christ, the church will be united with the Bridegroom, the official "wedding ceremony" will take place and, with it, the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized (Revelation 19:7-9; 21:1-2).

At that time, all believers will inhabit the heavenly city known as New Jerusalem, also called “the holy city” in Revelation 21:2 and 10. The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on the church’s characteristics. In his vision of the end of the age, the Apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness. Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

As believers in Jesus Christ, we who are the bride of Christ wait with great anticipation for the day when we will be united with our Bridegroom. Until then, we remain faithful to Him and say with all the redeemed of the Lord, “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20).

Reactions: Dan57

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
blessedhope said:
The Bride of Christ is not subject the wrath of God Jesus, Its like the groom beating up the bride! Enjoy and that will never happen
Quite right, true believers will be protected during the wrath of God. NOT as you may believe, removed to heaven, nowhere does scripture say that.
We will all be tested, stand firm in your faith or fail the test!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
Quite right, true believers will be protected during the wrath of God. NOT as you may believe, removed to heaven, nowhere does scripture say that.
We will all be tested, stand firm in your faith or fail the test!
Actually, scripture does say that. The rapture will come before the wrath of God.

Dan 12:1 NIV “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.

John 3:36 NIV "Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Rom 5:9 NIV Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Rom 9:22 NIV What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath--prepared for destruction?

1 Thess 1:9-10 NIV for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

1 Thess 5:9-10 NIV For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

Heb 4:3 ESV For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’” although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Rev 3:10 NIV Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
They're the same thing kiddo. The church is the bride and the body of Christ.
No...they are not. Ephesians 5:25-27 is about Christ cleansing his body since he is the head of that body just as the man is the head of a woman and Christ is the head of the Church. Ephesians 4:15, 5:23, 1 Corinthians 11:3, Colossians 1:18, Colossians 2:10.

Jesus relates himself in this analogy as the "Bridegroom" and called his disciples "friends of the bridgegroom" He did not call them his bride.

Matthew 9
14 Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?”
15 And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.
This is also found in Mark 2:19 and Luke 5:34.

John the Baptist says regarding Christ...

John 3:29 You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.

John 15: 15-16 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last…

Blessings and Peace!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
No...they are not. Ephesians 5:25-27 is about Christ cleansing his body since he is the head of that body just as the man is the head of a woman and Christ is the head of the Church. Ephesians 4:15, 5:23, 1 Corinthians 11:3, Colossians 1:18, Colossians 2:10.

Jesus relates himself in this analogy as the "Bridegroom" and called his disciples "friends of the bridgegroom" He did not call them his bride.

Matthew 9
14 Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?”
15 And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.

John the Baptist says regarding Christ...

John 3:29 You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.

John 15: 15-16 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last…

Blessings and Peace!
But that wouldn't make sense. Christ died for his people, not for a city. Things you missed on my last post. Notice the word "characteristics"...

1. The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church.
2. The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on the church’s characteristics.
3. but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city.
4. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church.
These are those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal savior and have received eternal life. In the New Testament, Christ, the Bridegroom, has sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride (Ephesians 5:25-27). Just as there was a betrothal period in biblical times during which the bride and groom were separated until the wedding, so is the bride of Christ separate from her Bridegroom during the church age. Her responsibility during the betrothal period is to be faithful to Him (2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:24). At the Second Coming of Christ, the church will be united with the Bridegroom, the official "wedding ceremony" will take place and, with it, the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized (Revelation 19:7-9; 21:1-2).

At that time, all believers will inhabit the heavenly city known as New Jerusalem, also called “the holy city” in Revelation 21:2 and 10. The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on the church’s characteristics. In his vision of the end of the age, the Apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness. Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But that wouldn't make sense. Christ died for his people, not for a city. Things you missed on my last post. Notice the word "characteristics"...
Why should it make sense to us since we are not privy to all the things said, done or understood in the Kingdom of Heaven? I would rather take the idea of Christ's bride being the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven then to believe that we, his body are his bride. John saw Christ's bride and it was a city. Perhaps it is an analogy of God's inheritance to his son which is his kingdom being restored after the fall in the garden. :huh:

I'm sorry, I do not agree with your premise because it makes us seem more holy than we actually are. We are saved by grace through faith and Jesus can wash us with his word and cleans us however, the new Jerusalem is holy. Even if we lived a Godly life here on earth, Jesus spoke of John the Baptist thusly ~ Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matthew 11:11

The new Jerusalem is holy because it comes down from heaven. It is not part of this world but of the Kingdom of heaven.

PS: When you quote a portion of writing from another source, please acknowledge them as the source. Note the forum rules. Respect copyrights. If you draw from others’ work, please cite your sources (reasonably) and provide proper credit.
http://www.gotquestions.org/bride-of-Christ.html

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ATP said:
Actually, scripture does say that. The rapture will come before the wrath of God.

Dan 12:1 NIV “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.

John 3:36 NIV "Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Rom 5:9 NIV Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Rom 9:22 NIV What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath--prepared for destruction?

1 Thess 1:9-10 NIV for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

1 Thess 5:9-10 NIV For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

Heb 4:3 ESV For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’” although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Rev 3:10 NIV Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth
As I repeat; NOWHERE does scripture say anyone [other than the 2 witnesses] is removed to heaven.
Again I point out there are many scriptures that show we are protected during the wrath of God. The 3 men in the furnace, Daniel 3:19-27, is the prime example.
We remain on earth, firstly to be tested, 1 Peter 4:12, then to be His witnesses and the light to the nations. Isaiah 42:6

Angelina, To make out the New Jerusalem, that comes down from heaven at the end of the Millennium, to be Christ's bride, is rather peculiar and is easily refuted by Revelation 19:5-8
The Lord's holy people will receive the Holy Spirit, Ezekiel 39:25-29 and have the Laws written into their hearts. Jeremiah 31:31-34

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina, To make out the New Jerusalem, that comes down from heaven at the end of the Millennium, to be Christ's bride, is rather peculiar and is easily refuted by Revelation 19:5-8
This does not refute the idea of the new Jerusalem coming down from Heaven or being the bride of Christ at all. That could as easily be those who come down with the new Jerusalem. Those who have been slain because of the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. There are slain ones under the throne and those in Rev 7. The new Jerusalem is a city after all.
As I said in post #9
"Perhaps it is an analogy of God's inheritance to his son which is his kingdom being restored after the fall in the garden."

Do you not think it unusual that those who are called to the marriage supper of the lamb are not part of the bride or grooms party? Perhaps they are friends of the Groom...as per post #7

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Quite right, true believers will be protected during the wrath of God. NOT as you may believe, removed to heaven, nowhere does scripture say that.We will all be tested, stand firm in your faith or fail the test!
That's so kingdom on earth stuff it hurts to read it.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also> what words Enjoy

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
Why should it make sense to us since we are not privy to all the things said, done or understood in the Kingdom of Heaven? I would rather take the idea of Christ's bride being the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven then to believe that we, his body are his bride. John saw Christ's bride and it was a city. Perhaps it is an analogy of God's inheritance to his son which is his kingdom being restored after the fall in the garden. :huh:

I'm sorry, I do not agree with your premise because it makes us seem more holy than we actually are. We are saved by grace through faith and Jesus can wash us with his word and cleans us however, the new Jerusalem is holy. Even if we lived a Godly life here on earth, Jesus spoke of John the Baptist thusly ~ Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matthew 11:11

The new Jerusalem is holy because it comes down from heaven. It is not part of this world but of the Kingdom of heaven.

PS: When you quote a portion of writing from another source, please acknowledge them as the source. Note the forum rules. Respect copyrights. If you draw from others’ work, please cite your sources (reasonably) and provide proper credit.
http://www.gotquestions.org/bride-of-Christ.html
You're confusing yourself beyond the issue.

1. The church is the body of Christ.
2. The church is also the bride of Christ.
3. The New Jerusalem city are the characteristics of the body and bride, which is us the people inside the city.

keras said:
As I repeat; NOWHERE does scripture say anyone [other than the 2 witnesses] is removed to heaven.
Again I point out there are many scriptures that show we are protected during the wrath of God. The 3 men in the furnace, Daniel 3:19-27, is the prime example.
We remain on earth, firstly to be tested, 1 Peter 4:12, then to be His witnesses and the light to the nations. Isaiah 42:6
Oh I see what you're saying.
But brother, you are confusing persecution and testing for the last 2,000 years to God's wrath in end times.
There are two kinds of wrath spoken of in scripture,

(1) the wrath of God that is on the nonbeliever every single day
(2) and then there's the end times tribulation wrath of the last 3.5 years.

God's wrath no longer remains on the born again believer, because we have been forgiven at the cross. God's wrath has actually been removed from the believer the moment he/she accepted Jesus as their Savior. Do you understand these passages now..........

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
blessedhope said:
Quite right, true believers will be protected during the wrath of God. NOT as you may believe, removed to heaven, nowhere does scripture say that.We will all be tested, stand firm in your faith or fail the test!
That's so kingdom on earth stuff it hurts to read it.
Read post 14.

blessedhope said:
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also> what words Enjoy
That is actually a rapture scripture. Rapture will occur before the last 3.5 years of God's wrath.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ATP said: But brother, you are confusing persecution and testing for the last 2,000 years to God's wrath in end times.

(2) and then there's the end times tribulation wrath of the last 3.5 years. QUOTE

You have missed the one glaring example of the wrath of God. It is the terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath against the nations.
Zephaniah 3:8 wait for the Day... I shall gather the nations and pour out My wrath upon them, all the earth will be affected by the fire of My anger.

It is this that the Lord will protect His righteous people from.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ATP said:
You're confusing yourself beyond the issue.

1. The church is the body of Christ.
2. The church is also the bride of Christ.
3. The New Jerusalem city are the characteristics of the body and bride, which is us the people inside the city.
ATP,
No where in the bible does it say that the Church is the bride of Christ. If the Church was the bride of Christ, Jesus would not be calling his disciples the "friends of the bridegroom".

Matthew 9

John the Baptist also speaks of himself being a friend of the bridegroom.

Also adding from my last post ~ Do you not think it unusual that those who are called to the marriage supper of the lamb are not part of the bride or grooms party? Perhaps they are friends of the Groom...as per post #7

PS Please acknowledge your quote from Point number three as coming from other sources as per forum rules.
Respect copyrights. If you draw from others’ work, please cite your sources (reasonably) and provide proper credit.
http://www.gotquesti...-of-Christ.html

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11:2
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is Paul speaking about the Church body in Corinth. One that he says he has betrothed to one husband that he [Paul] may present the Church as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Paul speaks of his responsibility as an apostle for Christ. Note what he says in the beginning of his discourse "Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly"...If you take what he says literally then you would have to conclude that Christ would be marrying many many chaste virgins because there are more Churches then those that existed in Corinth ~ also consider the 2000 plus years of Churches since then... :huh:

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
ATP said: But brother, you are confusing persecution and testing for the last 2,000 years to God's wrath in end times.

(2) and then there's the end times tribulation wrath of the last 3.5 years. QUOTE

You have missed the one glaring example of the wrath of God. It is the terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath against the nations.
Zephaniah 3:8 wait for the Day... I shall gather the nations and pour out My wrath upon them, all the earth will be affected by the fire of My anger.

It is this that the Lord will protect His righteous people from.
They will be protected and sheltered because they won't be here. The sixth seal will come before the day of wrath.

Psalm 27:5 NIV For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

Isa 26:20 NIV Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by.

Zeph 2:3 NIV Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the LORD's anger.

Matt 16:28 NIV I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death BEFORE they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Matt 17:4 NIV Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”

John 14:1-4 NIV "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

Titus 2:13 NIV while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,