The Written Scriptures

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most powerful thing has happened in scripture, they personify Jesus Christ. As you see Christ as all in scripture, they will take on the persona of another. You are tapping into, catching hold of, or seeing into why they are written.

If you need salvation, they are for salvation. If you are trying to put life together, they can put life together or reveal what life is.

When I was first coming into this message I had been searching the scriptures for some time and now they were starting to reveal Christ. I had started on a search for salvation, my search was "what exactly is salvation for me and other believers." I had always felt ok in salvation, other than the bulk of scriptures that my church preached to keep you on track as they put it. That had a mixed message and I was going to dig.

A foot note on that: you cannot say that what you were taught or how you were raised or what you went through in the world caused you all the trouble. It may have caused you trouble but it starts a person on a road to search for themselves.

My point there is; everything works for good to those that are called according to his purpose. So a person cannot say they have throw away years, there is no such thing, not in God.

I have had people tell me "I was raised in religion and that was a waste of time and caused me trouble." Yes it probably did but it was not a waste of time because like the world, the religious world will leave you scratching your head and keep you seeking. I have had people tell me they were in a cult. That was probably the best thing that could have happened to them because it got them to where they are now. So there is no throw away years you just come out of her and grow. You will be forever coming out of her (the world and it's systems) because we were/are apart of this life.

So what is it the scriptures personify? They personify your life. Your life comes out of scripture. I'm trying to find life when all scripture is written about my life which is Christ. How does Christ live now? By the written scripture. How am I to live now? By the life that is written in scripture. The two are one with one life lived in this world, any other life and I fall short of the gospel.

20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. - Philippians 1:20-22.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The most powerful thing has happened in scripture, they personify Jesus Christ. As you see Christ as all in scripture, they will take on the persona of another. You are tapping into, catching hold of, or seeing into why they are written.

If you need salvation, they are for salvation. If you are trying to put life together, they can put life together or reveal what life is.

When I was first coming into this message I had been searching the scriptures for some time and now they were starting to reveal Christ. I had started on a search for salvation, my search was "what exactly is salvation for me and other believers." I had always felt ok in salvation, other than the bulk of scriptures that my church preached to keep you on track as they put it. That had a mixed message and I was going to dig.

A foot note on that: you cannot say that what you were taught or how you were raised or what you went through in the world caused you all the trouble. It may have caused you trouble but it starts a person on a road to search for themselves.

My point there is; everything works for good to those that are called according to his purpose. So a person cannot say they have throw away years, there is no such thing, not in God.

I have had people tell me "I was raised in religion and that was a waste of time and caused me trouble." Yes it probably did but it was not a waste of time because like the world, the religious world will leave you scratching your head and keep you seeking. I have had people tell me they were in a cult. That was probably the best thing that could have happened to them because it got them to where they are now. So there is no throw away years you just come out of her and grow. You will be forever coming out of her (the world and it's systems) because we were/are apart of this life.

So what is it the scriptures personify? They personify your life. Your life comes out of scripture. I'm trying to find life when all scripture is written about my life which is Christ. How does Christ live now? By the written scripture. How am I to live now? By the life that is written in scripture. The two are one with one life lived in this world, any other life and I fall short of the gospel.

20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. - Philippians 1:20-22.
@soul man Indeed; what Philippians 4.8 says "these things" are for us to meditate on, for our blessing and profit, by God's grace.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Indeed; what Philippians 4.8 says "these things" are for us to meditate on, for our blessing and profit, by God's grace.

Yes, and indeed it does take believer effort to see the scriptures. Why do either nonbelievers or some other types that try to prove the word of God is wrong or false. First they are not led, second they have no real effort. They glean scripture for contradictions or some other thing they feel is not right. A believer will have to put scripture together as the Lord leads. The scriptures are the life-line if you will "a light to my path" "a lamp unto my feet". A believer can trust the scriptures.The light in my path keeps leading to him "Christ my life."

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many things lead away from him. I was an end time enthusiast, but with time I realized anything that leads away from him was not lighting my path so to say. What ever distraction a believer has is not leading to life. A lit path can see Christ and you walk that path, stay on that path that leads to him.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say we know all about alot of subjects, I gave myself to learning everything but him. How much do you need to know about the anti-christ, or when he is coming back, or how it will happen. Doesn't matter what I know about a subject they will have no life in them. Life is only in the Son, if a believer is to live they must learn life is a person.