The wrong Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The reason you can't stop wanting to sin, is because you are trying to stop wanting to sin.
Fail = Trying to stop.

Here is the issue...

The LAW, enflames your flesh. It actually causes your flesh to become activated TOWARDS sinning.

See, most believers are taught...>"well, we resist sin and the devil flees"....so, they think..." resist sin and it stops trying to get me to sin".
But notice the verse....."the DEVIL" will flee.
Well, the DEVIL is not your problem for the most part, as its the SIN in you, the wrong desire in your FLESH that DESIRES to sin, that is the REAL issue.
You have to solve THAT.

See, if the Devil was no longer alive, you would still have this issue in your flesh ...which wants to be SATISFIED by sin.
SIN feeds the carnal desire. Carnal desire is an appetite that needs SIN as Spiritual FOOD.
Understand?
So, when you starve your flesh, or when you strive against it, you just make it more hungry for sinning. (carnal spiritual food).
And THIS process, is how the LAW empowers your carnality to become WORSE.
So, to keep on sinning, .. what you do.....is try to STOP in your own power.
And what happens? You become more sin conscious, which leads you to sin more.. and more.
This "sin consciousness", is how the LAW, curses you.....It actually provokes and stimulates your carnal desire to want to sin more.

= The power oF SIN = THE LAW.

How to stop all that is what you have to learn, so that you can stop sinning.

Paul said....
"sin shall not have dominion over you".. = "Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".. "you are not under the law, but UNDER GRACE". "if you walk in the Spirit you shall not sin".. "how can the born again, who are dead to sin, continue to sin"?

Understand that if you are "under the law" then you will sin, because "the power of sin is the LAW".
To be under the law, is to try to stop sinning by willpower, or by gritting your teeth and trying not to do it again..
You will fail. and fail. and fail.
And that is why your life is "sinning and repenting, sinning and confessing".

So, you have to get yourself out from under the Law, Reader....
As its by trying to resist sin, in your own power, by WILL< that puts you under the law's dominion that causes you to sin more...and more and more.
The Law is as curse to you... It works like this. =when you try by self effort to stop sinning, the Law will cause you to have more desire to sin.
See that?
That is..>"the curse of the Law".......and "Christ came to REDEEM US from the CURSE of the Law".
So, you have to get out from UNDER that curse..... "we are not under the Law, we are UNDER GRACE".
You have to now LIVE "under GRACE" or you will keep on sinning and repenting and failing.

This means that to stop that cycle, you have to get away from trying to resist sin, and instead live inside the Grace of God = "Under GRACE".
You have to understand that by living IN the Grace of God, you stop striving to do what can't be done, and this allows you to REST from that striving.
Its resting in the Grace of God.. Its coming into mental alignment (the mind of Christ) with the Grace of God, that gives you rest from the consciousness of sin, that FREES YOU FROM it.

How do you live in the Grace of God?
You will find this to be your place of rest, the second you no longer believe that you can lose your salvation.
Once you are THERE Mentally, then you have understood GRACE< and God's Grace will now become your sanctuary that allows you to REST from striving against the Law, which is why you keep on sinning and repenting and confessing.
You have to establish your HEART, your entire belief system, on/by = GOD's GRACE and MERCY, and get the CROSS of SELF Righteousness OFF OF YOUR OWN BACK.
Till you do, you will not be able to stop sinning.

You have to live HERE. Hebrews 13:9

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A good example of modern Antinomianism.

You are repenting and confessing, and are worried about rabbit trails.
You are stuck in "analyze mode" and are still in your Christian crib.
Don't you think you should realize that you are going to meet Jesus and give account for your deeds?
And what are they? That you live on a Christian forum, pretending you have a clue.

So, you would rather argue against truth, then be delivered from a life of failed Christianity..
Yes i know you.

Here is you, and many like you.

Hebrews 6:1 : ""Therefore, having left the beginning teaching of the Christ, we should go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works, and faith in God"

See that?
That is "baby christian 101".
"repenting, repenting, repenting, sinning, repenting..."
Its when a person LIVES in the "repenting and worrying about if i can lose my salvation" carnal Christian baby stage MIND.
Is that YOU?
Paul said, to GROW up and leave that baby christian JUNK behind.
He's not talking to me, as im here teaching you and all like you how you can mature.. and grow up Spiritually.
He's talking to many of you who are failing to get beyond the baby christian stage, yet you've been saved for years.
Time to grow up, Reader.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Readers....

We live in the age of apostasy.

Many people believe that final apostasy is the "falling away from Christ">
But that is not the end time sign.
The end time sign is Jude 1.
Its that 95% of Christians have "FALLEN from Grace".

See that "fallen", from Galatians?
THATS the apostasy.

See, most of Christianity in '2020, = is "im saving myself". "im trying not to lose my salvation".
"let me teach you that Christ can't keep you saved, but YOU have to keep yourself saved".
= The false gospel of SELF EFFORT. The false gospel of WORKS to stay saved.

Reader......
Now Answer this.
If you knew you were going to DIE in the next 30 seconds......= what are you trusting to GET YOU INTO HEAVEN".
What?
What?
And you know what that is, for most of you? ITS NOT JESUS. Its not the blood of Jesus.
So don't even try to lie.
You are what you BELIEVE.

You are counting on your lifestyle, or your faith, or your enduring, or your commandment keeping, or your Torah, or your church membership.. or your sacrament... or your WATER..

You DO NOT TRUST CHRIST to keep you saved.... You trust SELF SELF SELF Effort.

Look at most of the posts that i receive. = 99% are .."im saving me......me me me me, see my effort, see my works....see MY ABIDING, ....= SELF EFFORT gospel.

So, in these ends times. Most Christians have ripped Jesus off the Nails, and they are on their self righteous Cross trying to keep themselves saved, having NO FAITH in Christ to keep them saved.

They will say......"yes, i know that Christ saved me....but, but, but, i have to....i have to....i have to......i have to....I have to....I have to be sure i dont.....i have to be sure i dont..
See all that?
That is most of you trying to keep yourself saved, because you have NO FAITH In Christ to keep you saved, and you are "fallen from Grace".

This is the "great apostasy" that you find in the world right now, where you can't find 5 believers on a Christian forum who trust in CHRIST ALONE to keep them saved.

Now, come and write to me your symbolic verses about vines and branches and candlesticks, so that you can prove to us all that you are a SELF SAVOR and YOU DO NOT TRUST IN CHRIST to get you to heaven.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason you can't stop wanting to sin, is because you are trying to stop wanting to sin.
Fail = Trying to stop.

Here is the issue...

The LAW, enflames your flesh. It actually causes your flesh to become activated TOWARDS sinning.

See, most believers are taught...>"well, we resist sin and the devil flees"....so, they think..." resist sin and it stops trying to get me to sin".
Well, the DEVIL is not your problem for the most part, as its the SIN in you, the wrong desire in your FLESH that DESIRES to sin, that is the REAL issue.
You have to solve THAT.

See, if the Devil was no longer alive, you would still have this issue in your flesh ...which wants to be SATISFIED by sin.
SIN feeds the carnal desire. Carnal desire is an appetite that needs SIN as Spiritual FOOD.
Understand?
So, when you starve your flesh, or when you strive against it, you just make it more hungry for sinning. (carnal spiritual food).
And what happens? You become more sin conscious, which leads you to sin more.. and more.
This "sin consciousness", is how the LAW, curses you.....It actually provokes and stimulates your carnal desire to want to sin more.

Paul said....
"sin shall not have dominion over you".. = "Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".. "you are not under the law, but UNDER GRACE". "if you walk in the Spirit you shall not sin".. "how can the born again, who are dead to sin, continue to sin"?

Understand that if you are "under the law" then you will sin, because "the power of sin is the LAW".
To be under the law, is to try to stop sinning by willpower, or by gritting your teeth and trying not to do it again..

As its by trying to resist sin, in your own power, by WILL< that puts you under the law's dominion that causes you to sin more...and more and more.
The Law is as curse to you... It works like this. =when you try by self effort to stop sinning, the Law will cause you to have more desire to sin.
See that?
That is..>"the curse of the Law".......and "Christ came to REDEEM US from the CURSE of the Law".
So, you have to get out from UNDER that curse..... "we are not under the Law, we are UNDER GRACE".
You have to now LIVE "under GRACE" or you will keep on sinning and repenting and failing.

This means that to stop that cycle, you have to get away from trying to resist sin, and instead live inside the Grace of God = "Under GRACE".
You have to understand that by living IN the Grace of God, you stop striving to do what can't be done, and this allows you to REST from that striving.
Its resting in the Grace of God.. Its coming into mental alignment (the mind of Christ) with the Grace of God, that gives you rest from the consciousness of sin, that FREES YOU FROM it.

You will find this to be your place of rest, the second you no longer believe that you can lose your salvation.
Once you are THERE Mentally, then you have understood GRACE< and God's Grace will now become your sanctuary that allows you to REST from striving against the Law, which is why you keep on sinning and repenting and confessing.
You have to establish your HEART, your entire belief system, on/by = GOD's GRACE and MERCY, and get the CROSS of SELF Righteousness OFF OF YOUR OWN BACK.

An interesting post, and generally, I agree. The judgment of God against human sin has separated us from God and from His power. But grace has continued to operate from the beginning, because God opted not to exercise Eternal Judgment. It was just a partial separation until Eternal Judgment could be rendered after providing Grace.

When we were separated from God we could continue in the carnal, autonomous condition or not. We could return to God's word, and find in that word power to obey it, virtue to obey it. But if we chose to continue independent of God, in our carnality, everything we did would continue to reflect a lack of virtue, because we would be separating ourselves from God's power.

So yes, if we try to stop sin on our own, apart from the grace of Christ, we will be choosing autonomy and separation from God. We will be stuck in our carnality, and lacking power, we will not exude virtue. We will not be able to authentically obey God's word because we will be rejecting the predicate of obedience to God's word, which is relying on God's power and grace.

However, I don't agree that we "arrive" when we choose to believe, mentally, that we can no longer lose our Salvation. I believe that Salvation is owned only after receiving the New Nature that Christ came to give us.

It is not perfection, nor acceptance of just any intellectual proposition, but more, acceptance of the specific proposition that we must be Born Again. Once we accept that idea, and actually choose to receive it, we can indeed receive that New Nature, and be assured of our Salvation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at most of the posts that i receive. = 99% are .."im saving me......me me me me, see my effort, see my works....see MY ABIDING, ....= SELF EFFORT gospel.

The anointing that the Lord gives us teaches us to abide in Him (1 John 2:27).

Ceasing from sin is only the result of abiding in Christ (1 John 3:6).

The method by which we abide is in that we stay connected to Christ as branches in the vine and are drawing up nourishment from Him (John 15:1-8).

As the result, we are satisfied by the living waters and therefore we will never thirst again after the toilet water that is offered by the world, the flesh, and the devil (John 6:35, John 4:13-14, John 7:36-39).

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fail = Trying to stop.

Here is the issue...

You have to solve THAT.

Understand?

Paul said....

See that?

Does the man have any responsibility or is it all passed off to some other factor?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
However, I don't agree that we "arrive" when we choose to believe, mentally, that we can no longer lose our Salvation. I believe that Salvation is owned only after receiving the New Nature that Christ came to give us.

You are still sinning and confessing?
Is this right?
Then maybe you can listen to me, and learn how to stop.
However, if you are no longer sinning and confessing, then no need to listen to me, Randy.

To stop sinning, to no longer commit works of the Flesh, is to learn how to walk in the Spirit.
If you, reader, are still sinning and confessing, sinning and repenting, its because you are walking in the FLESH.

What does this mean?
Well, in both cases, its a MIND situation.
You are ither walking in the mind of CHRIST or you are walking in the carnal mind.
If you are sinning and repenting, then you are in the carnal mind, and you are walking in the flesh, and you are under the dominion of the law and you are trapped and will never be able to stop.
So, to STOP< you have to learn how to stop BELIEVING WRONG, as wrong believing is why you are in the carnal mind, walking in the flesh, = sinning and confessing and repenting.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is this right?
However, if you are no longer sinning and confessing, then no need to listen to me, Randy.

To stop sinning, to no longer commit works of the Flesh, is to learn how to walk in the Spirit.
If you, reader, are still sinning and confessing, sinning and repenting, its because you are walking in the FLESH.

What does this mean?
You are ither walking in the mind of CHRIST or you are walking in the carnal mind.
If you are sinning and repenting, then you are in the carnal mind, and you are walking in the flesh, and you are under the dominion of the law and you are trapped and will never be able to stop.
So, to STOP< you have to learn how to stop BELIEVING WRONG, as wrong believing is why you are in the carnal mind, walking in the flesh, = sinning and confessing and repenting.
The carnal mind prides itself in its rightness......in its own understanding it has all the right methods.
Humility is the gift for those who recognise their shortcomings.....those who sigh and cry and beat their breasts.

Reactions: Philip James

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Does the man have any responsibility or is it all passed off to some other factor?

Are you accountable for your behavior as a believer? Yes.
Are your sins all resolved by Jesus's Blood and the Cross.? Yes.

Will a born again Christian be judged for their sin, in Heaven. No.
Jesus has already been Judged for them all on The Cross, on Earth, 2000 yrs ago.

Reactions: Helen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The carnal mind prides itself in its rightness......in its own understanding it has all the right methods.
Humility is the gift for those who recognise their shortcomings.....those who sigh and cry and beat their breasts.

Self Righteousness......is ...Legalism.
Its this HERESY... = Trying to make SELF......Right with God. = self righteousness.
Its THAT theology, its the legalism theology of the SELF SAVOR, who is trying to keep themselves saved.
They will talk about "abiding"
They will talk about "enduring".
They will talk about "branches"
They will talk about "losing your salvation".

They all sound the same.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this right?

What does this mean?

Yea, I think there's a lot of truth in that. However, real Christians, who have put on the New Nature in Christ, still struggle in ways that appear to fit your "carnal profile." They simply have special needs due to their having been in certain unfortunate environments, or simply are slow to learn.

Basically, I agree with you in principle, that those who go back and forth from spirituality to carnality may not have been truly born again, and thus, do not yet have assurance of their salvation. But you seemed to be talking about getting to the place where you are mentally certain that you will not lose your salvation. You think that is where you are saved?

I don't think so. I think there are many Christians who have been born again who still doubt their salvation time and again. They just aren't mature yet, or go through some kind of tragedy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yea, I think there's a lot of truth in that. However, real Christians, who have put on the New Nature in Christ, still struggle in ways that appear to fit your "carnal profile." They simply have special needs due to their having been in certain unfortunate environments, or simply are slow to learn.

Basically, I agree with you in principle, that those who go back and forth from spirituality to carnality may not have been truly born again, and thus, do not yet have assurance of their salvation. But you seemed to be talking about getting to the place where you are mentally certain that you will not lose your salvation. You think that is where you are saved?

I don't think so. I think there are many Christians who have been born again who still doubt their salvation time and again. They just aren't mature yet, or go through some kind of tragedy.

Randy,

If a person believes that they can lose their salvation its because they are not trusting in God to keep it for them.
Look at this verse...

"God who began salvation, in the born again, will HIMSELF = be faithful to complete it".

Do you see that? That is Paul teaching that God causes Salvation and God completes it.

See, when we trust Christ, we are trusting GOD to keep us saved.
He has the responsibility to do it all.
All He requires is that we give Him our FAITH, so that He can take it from there.....

Salvation is a GIFT. Its a God given and God completed blood atonement.= GIFT.
We don't do it. We only RECEIVE IT.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person believes that they can lose their salvation its because they are not trusting in God to keep it for them.

And therefore, God keeping it for them is dependent on their trust. Now the Lord can also keep their trust intact; but they would have to trust Him to do that for them.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fail = Trying to stop.

Here is the issue...

You have to solve THAT.

Understand?

Paul said....

See that?

Like some had commented, it is an interesting post. Good points.
Along with that I will submit this....
Was Christ a legalist? Seems to me He butted heads with the legalists.
Look at every time He was confronted with a sinner..the prostitute that washed His feet....the adulterous....the woman at the well. What was his attitude? What did He do?
Christ was a doer...
The religion that Christ taught was originally called "the Way" A lot of Christians do not like the word philosophy, but what Christ taught was away of thinking, away of the heart, the way to properly apply Christianity. He led by example, what did He do? What was His attitude in all that He did?

When you define morals and righteousness by what you don't do, you are in effect defining laws. He freed us from the laws and then we see Christians defining laws and along the way making a whole new set of man-made laws, just like the Jewish leaders did. So then we bind ourselves back to the burden of laws. Now we have religions defining our righteous by what we do not do. Politics is a cancer to all reason. Likewise the focus on sin distracts from the message of Christ.

Morals are the goal, for sure and for certain, but the focus on sin leads to self-righteousness. Self-righteousness leads to judging, condemning, and gossiping. We all know Christ's thoughts on judging. Christ taught the Way to apply Christianity, and those that follow Him apply the morals that He taught and a lot of those morals were defined by His actions. The focus on sin has caused doing good....good deeds to be trivialized. Good deeds do not save you, Christ saved you, but are going to walk the walk or just talk the talk. One of my favorite sayings is that the good boy that sits like a bump on a log waiting to go to heaven is only serving Himself and in that, is no service to Christ. I believe the parable of the Talents is speaking of the Christians that believe that their salvation as a ticket to heaven and they sit waiting to go to heaven. Don't want to sin...just waiting to go to heaven. Will they be surprised when Christ says that He does not know them.....The son that takes up the father's trade is closer to the father.

We can only be thankful that Christ did not take this approach...that is just talk about what you should not do. Christ was a doer for sure.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Randy,

Look at this verse...

"God who began salvation, in the born again, will HIMSELF = be faithful to complete it".

Do you see that? That is Paul teaching that God causes Salvation and God completes it.

See, when we trust Christ, we are trusting GOD to keep us saved.
He has the responsibility to do it all.
All He requires is that we give Him our FAITH, so that He can take it from there.....

Salvation is a GIFT. Its a God given and God completed blood atonement.= GIFT.
We don't do it. We only RECEIVE IT.

I completely agree that we *should* come to the certainty of our Salvation. I'm just saying that some Christians do indeed have Salvation, and simply doubt it, or waiver.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise the focus on sin distracts from the message of Christ.

Preaching the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ does in fact place a focus on sin; and also brings men closer to the knowledge of the fact that they are sinners in need of a Saviour: and this is a major aspect of the message of Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The irony of the OP is that this is about cross avoidance. As in..Jesus died INSTEAD of me so I can go on living as if He never came to earth at all. In this scheme Jesus is the Lamb of Man....whom we sacrificed for our own sins...one time for all. So Jesus becomes a super sacrifice (supersize me) and a super genie that gives us all our wishes. God becomes our servant. He will do anything to please us. Or should it not be the other way around?

So the flesh loves this salvation for the sinful nature in man. But they who walk according to the flesh cannot please God.

But all this is to avoid the cross. The power of the cross takes out the outer man so that the inner life in us can break out into the world as a light to the world.

We are to follow Jesus into His death so that we can walk as He walked...in newness of life. (and not in oldness of life with a new insurance policy)

We have victory over sin as we abide in Christ. And the closer we walk to Him...at the end of ourselves...the more we will conform to His image.
But the full measure of grace is to go to God and allow Him to translate us into His kingdom to walk where He walked...in the holy presence of God.