• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

IF you are born again, then you have a right to believe that God will take care of you.
God wants you to believe this, and it pleases Him when you do.

And ....you'll want to make Him Happy with your behavior, your life.
Thats pretty much it.

"Christianity".

Now, what is the " CHRIST EFFECT".... that happens to your life, and to you, when you are being taken care of by God. ??
This would be the EFFECT. The Effect of being born again.. The Effect of your Salvation.... The EFFECT of :

1. You being an Heir of God. Romans 8:17
2. You being a Joint Heir with Jesus. Galatians 4:7

So, specifically what is that?
Well, its the FAVOR of God. The Blessings. The Revelations.
The Effect of Salvation, is not just to keep you out of hell, but it so much more.
This EFFECT of CHRIST,... has put you into God's family, and its put you into the Kingdom of God..
Being Born again, has this EFFECT......this is the Christ Effect regarding every born again believer.

One excellent verse defines the Effect as "handfuls on purpose" that God gives you, as blessings, as FAVOR.
Its this Saint........Its the fact that God has "Riches in Glory", and you are now a eternal family member. And because you are, this means that you have access to all that God Has, all that God IS, and all that God can DO.
Saint, missing hell is not the only valuable situation that results from being born again. In fact there are so many...... and they all can be summed up as the Christ EFFECT of being Saved....of being Born again. And simply put, the Christ EFFECT is God taking personal interest in you AS : God taking care of you.

Now, is this what you want?
Sure it is.

So, how do you ruin this, so that God's hand are tied, and you are not often found encountering the blessing of God literally in life, as the WRONG EFFECT of being born again?
How do you ruin it.. ??
= Most have.

Well, Paul teaches this that im going to show you, so, lets look at it.

""Galatians 5:4, KJV: "Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." ... Galatians 5:4
Now do you see the issue?
= "no EFFECT"
Let me explain it..
When you became born again, you became a part of God's Spirit.. ."One" with God.
You now exist in the Kingdom of God, and this Spiritual Kingdom is defined as being "in Christ".
Jesus is The Light, The Truth, the Resurrection, Wisdom, Sanctification.....all of this... and you are joined to Him, born again, into God's Spirit.
So, rules apply in there, Saint, and when you dont follow the Rules, because you don't know them, then "Christ becomes of NO EFFECT to you".

Now this does not mean that your Salvation or Eternal Life is in Jeopardy.... not at all, as this is a one time forever eternal situation that is created by the Blood of Jesus redeeming you.
Being Born again is the PROOF that you WILL go to Heaven.
In fact you already there....>"seated in Heavenly places, IN CHRIST".
So, what we are talking about is what happens after you are born again, regarding how to function properly within RIGHT BELIEVING = which is absolutely necessary to have the right EFFECT of God's Life being applied to you correctly.

Now.....First, Christ is GOD......and when you are a joint heir with Christ, this is WHY you are a Joint Heir of God.. Romans 8:17 and Galatians 4:7
So, let me explain the problem that most believers have that is keeping God's favor away from you.
When you are a legalist......someone who is trying to perform for God, to get Him to keep you or accept you......then you have "fallen from Grace". This means you are actually at odds with the Cross. You have literally become an opposition to the Truth, who is Jesus.
So, the EFFECT of being that type of MIND, is to make "Christ of NO EFFECT".
See, you are causing this.......YOU are doing it to yourself.
So, its possible to be a Pope, or a Baptist Preacher, or a Charismatic Revivalist, and be an enemy of the Cross, preaching every Sunday from the Pulpit.
And who is an enemy of the Cross? All self saving people. All who are trying to earn or keep by works, their Salvation.
That is the EFFECT of ="falling from Grace". You have a blinded mind and you are deep into Theological Error and are in the Dark. And you can become so Spiritually Dark that you end up as who Jesus described as...>"be careful that the LIGHT in you, is not Darkness".

Now....What is the secondary problem related to "falling from Grace" that has ruined the Effect of Christ?
And that is this...... When you are that self saver, that .."im performing my list of do's and dont do's, to Work to keep God's favor, to keep myself saved"...for example >repenting and confessing to try to "stay saved"<....= then the EFFECT is that you have stopped God's flow of favor into your life. = "Christ has become of NO EFFECT to you"..

Blessings = Gone
Prayers Answered = Gone
Peace = Gone
Ability to discern = Gone
Ability to rightly divide the word of God = Gone
"Riches in Glory" finding you = Gone
"handfuls on purpose" = Gone.
All you'll have is guilt, a deceived mind, a sinning and repenting destroyed discipleship, and an attitude problem regarding being able to HEAR and ACCEPT how to escape your own self righteousness that has ruined your walk with God.
See, Legalsim KILLS real Faith, it destroy all believer's discipleship, and it blocks God's provision for you.

What is the Cure?
The Cure is to Live in this VERSE.... Hebrews 13:9

The CURE is to leave all ideas of how to stay accepted by God, that include you trying to do it.

The CURE is to come into the REAL Faith, into Right Believing, where you know that you know that you know, that the only thing you TRUST to get you into HEAVEN, and to keep you SAVED, is JESUS.

Your New Testament, = Paul teaching...... says for you to "prove yourself that you be IN THE FAITH". To "examine yourself".

"in the FAITH", is not trying to stay saved. Its not trying to work your way into heaven. Its not some idea of "enduring to the end" where you have been deceived into wrong believing....= that this means you have to work and trust in your FAITH or your list of works so that you can keep your Salvation.

"in the Faith".... simply means that you BELIEVE RIGHT regarding being completely convinced that "God who began your Salvation in you, will Himself BE Faithful to Complete it".
Philippians 1:6

Listen Saint......"in the faith" means that you ONLY believe that Jesus who saved you, will keep you saved.

In the faith is not one part your self effort + Jesus, is how to stay saved.

So, when you are THERE, when you ONLY Trust Jesus to keep you saved, and no longer Believe that you have a part in this...... you are flowing in the right "Effect" of the Blood Atonement, and you are Believing Right, and have the right "mind'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner and Pearl

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, how do you ruin this, so that God's hand are tied, and you are not often found encountering the blessing of God literally in life, as the WRONG EFFECT of being born again?
How do you ruin it.. ??
= Most have.

""Galatians 5:4, KJV: "Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." ... Galatians 5:4

Of course, if we are perfectly obedient to the law, it does not mean that we are justified by the law, if we are in fact justified by Christ. For the one who is born of God cannot sin (1 John 3:9); and sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4). And therefore, I have not fallen from grace if I am walking as one who is born again; however, I must realize that it is not my performance that I am saved by but by the blood of Christ which sanctifies me (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses me from all sin (1 John 1:7).

When you are a legalist......someone who is trying to perform for God, to get Him to keep you or accept you......then you have "fallen from Grace". This means you are actually at odds with the Cross. You have literally become an opposition to the Truth, who is Jesus.

It is not our performance that keeps us saved...however, our salvation will "keep our performance".

And who is an enemy of the Cross? All self saving people. All who are trying to earn or keep by works, their Salvation.

Of course we are not saved by our works; and neither do we maintain our salvation by works. However, those who are truly born again will have good works. For the love of the Lord is shed abroad in their hearts (Romans 5:5) and this love is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18).

Now....What is the secondary problem related to "falling from Grace" that has ruined the Effect of Christ?
And that is this...... When you are that self saver, that .."im performing my list of do's and dont do's, to Work to keep God's favor, to keep myself saved"...for example >repenting and confessing to try to "stay saved"<....= then the EFFECT is that you have stopped God's flow of favor into your life. = "Christ has become of NO EFFECT to you"..

A point that I would make here, while you are correct, is that if we love Jesus we will keep His commandments.

Also, 1 John 1:9 is a very real promise in holy scripture and is said to be the Christian's "bar of soap".

"in the FAITH", is not trying to stay saved. Its not trying to work your way into heaven. Its not some idea of "enduring to the end" where you have been deceived into wrong believing....

If you are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) you will endure unto the end. And it is also, only those who endure unto the end who will be saved (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14).

Indeed. However, it is not self-effort to abide in the vine as a branch. All that that entails is staying connected to the vine and drawing up nourishment from it so that you can bear an abundance of good fruit. If we do not eat, we will starve to death. Likewise, if we don't partake of spiritual food, we will starve to death spiritually. We do not say that eating our daily bread is "working" or "self-effort". Why is it then that some say that our daily reading of God's word is the same?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As i stated in the opening section of the Thread.... that we are a living born again incorruptible part of God's Spirit, existing IN God's Kingdom, which is Spiritual Holy Truth and Light, means.......our "Sonship" spiritual position "in Christ" ..= restores us into the Eternal Favor of God.
Now this God-Favor, is unique, as its not the same as God being "good to the evil and to the just".
The fact is, God's Goodness, (and keep in mind that Goodness only exists because God exists,) is poured out upon all His creation, all the time.
And example regarding an unbeliever is that God will keep sending believers across their path who try to show them The Way. John 14:6
So, that is sort of a generalized John 3:16 type of God's Universal Goodness.

And, if you are a person who can see the goodness of God in a sort of abstract way......for example you are able to recognize the goodness of God when needed rain falls upon a dry Desert which allows relief to a dry and thirsty land.
That is the "goodness" of God being given to His non-human creation.

But regarding the Born again.... His goodness is much more .....so much more.

It is evidenced in the word of God = as the born again being "Heirs of God" and "joint Heirs with Jesus".
So, thats a big deal, Saint.
The born again are "Highly Favored"..

and I'll tell you something.... If you ever find that your prayer and praise life has no life in it....then simplify it and turn your heart to be thankful for God's Mercy, and God's Blood.
Did you ever thank God for the Blood of Jesus or The Cross?
Try it.
Like this.....>"thank you God for the beautiful Bread who came down from Heaven, the beautiful Jesus. Thank you God for the precious blood and the beautiful Cross.... Father God you are so beautiful, and Jesus you are so beautiful........thank you, thank you thank you, for your beautiful blood and your precious Name that is above every name"...

Sometimes, Saint, life has us in hard situations, and its an emotionally grinding process, and its not so easy to feel thankful about anything, but, when i turn my heart to the Blood of Jesus and the Cross and to the Beautiful Lord and the Beautiful Father, ... it works for me....
If you've not tried those simple praises, then feel free.
Feel FREE in your worship. Feel FREE in your adoration of God.
Praise them when you first wake up. Praise them them when you are driving.
Praise them because they both know you, they both love you, and they both take a special interest in everything about you.
Saint, God knows more about you than you know about you, then your mama knows about you.
God knows your thoughts, your motives, your desires, .......everything.
God knows what you are thinking about what im writing that you are reading.

So, if you are born again, this means that God has "got your back". God is on your side. God is fully invested within your life, changing bad circumstances into = "all things work out for good to those who are IN Christ".
The unbeliever, is outside of this spiritual umbrella. The are not connected to God's "riches in Glory".
What they can have, for free, is access to it, but not until they meet Jesus at the Cross.
The born again, however, who are "One" with God, are also one with God's supply, and when we understand that this eternal supply is ours, and receiving it is not based on our behavior, but is entirely based on the "finished work of Jesus on the Cross", then....for me, this is something that i praise God to know.
The blessing of God that is ours, always, if we are born again, is based on what Jesus died to provided.
He did it, and we are the blessed recipients of the end result, which is the eternal favor of God.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As i stated in the opening section of the Thread.... that we are a living born again incorruptible part of God's Spirit, existing IN God's Kingdom, which is Spiritual Holy Truth and Light, means.......our "Sonship" spiritual position "in Christ" ..= restores us into the Eternal Favor of God.
Now this God-Favor, is unique, as its not the same as God being "good to the evil and to the just".
The fact is, God's Goodness, (and keep in mind that Goodness only exists because God exists,) is poured out upon all His creation, all the time.
And example regarding an unbeliever is that God will keep sending believers across their path who try to show them The Way. John 14:6
So, that is sort of a generalized John 3:16 type of God's Universal Goodness.

And, if you are a person who can see the goodness of God in a sort of abstract way......for example you are able to recognize the goodness of God when needed rain falls upon a dry Desert which allows relief to a dry and thirsty land.
That is the "goodness" of God being given to His non-human creation.

But regarding the Born again.... His goodness is much more .....so much more.

It is evidenced in the word of God = as the born again being "Heirs of God" and "joint Heirs with Jesus".
So, thats a big deal, Saint.
The born again are "Highly Favored"..

and I'll tell you something.... If you ever find that your prayer and praise life has no life in it....then simplify it and turn your heart to be thankful for God's Mercy, and God's Blood.
Did you ever thank God for the Blood of Jesus or The Cross?
Try it.
Like this.....>"thank you God for the beautiful Bread who came down from Heaven, the beautiful Jesus. Thank you God for the precious blood and the beautiful Cross.... Father God you are so beautiful, and Jesus you are so beautiful........thank you, thank you thank you, for your beautiful blood and your precious Name that is above every name"...

Sometimes, Saint, life has us in hard situations, and its an emotionally grinding process, and its not so easy to feel thankful about anything, but, when i turn my heart to the Blood of Jesus and the Cross and to the Beautiful Lord and the Beautiful Father, ... it works for me....
If you've not tried those simple praises, then feel free.
Feel FREE in your worship. Feel FREE in your adoration of God.
Praise them when you first wake up. Praise them them when you are driving.
Praise them because they both know you, they both love you, and they both take a special interest in everything about you.
Saint, God knows more about you than you know about you, then your mama knows about you.
God knows your thoughts, your motives, your desires, .......everything.
God knows what you are thinking about what im writing that you are reading.

So, if you are born again, this means that God has "got your back". God is on your side. God is fully invested within your life, changing bad circumstances into = "all things work out for good to those who are IN Christ".
The unbeliever, is outside of this spiritual umbrella. The are not connected to God's "riches in Glory".
What they can have, for free, is access to it, but not until they meet Jesus at the Cross.
The born again, however, who are "One" with God, are also one with God's supply, and when we understand that this eternal supply is ours, and receiving it is not based on our behavior, but is entirely based on the "finished work of Jesus on the Cross", then....for me, this is something that i praise God to know.
The blessing of God that is ours, always, if we are born again, is based on what Jesus died to provided.
He did it, and we are the blessed recipients of the end result, which is the eternal favor of God.

Wow! You actually did a good job there! So much that you wrote and only one error (in the spirit of what you were writing).

Actually not an error technically, it is actually exactly right.

My only correction would be that while our abiding does not depend on our behaviour, our behaviour will be transformed when we abide (1 John 3:6).

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
-

IF you are born again, then you have a right to believe that God will take care of you.

Thats pretty much it.

"Christianity".

Now, what is the " CHRIST EFFECT".... that happens to your life, and to you, when you are being taken care of by God. ??
This would be the EFFECT. The Effect of being born again.. The Effect of your Salvation.... The EFFECT of :

The Effect of Salvation, is not just to keep you out of hell, but it so much more.
This EFFECT of CHRIST,... has put you into God's family, and its put you into the Kingdom of God..
Being Born again, has this EFFECT......this is the Christ Effect regarding every born again believer.

One excellent verse defines the Effect as "handfuls on purpose" that God gives you, as blessings, as FAVOR.
Its this Saint........Its the fact that God has "Riches in Glory", and you are now a eternal family member. And because you are, this means that you have access to all that God Has, all that God IS, and all that God can DO.
Saint, missing hell is not the only valuable situation that results from being born again. In fact there are so many...... and they all can be summed up as the Christ EFFECT of being Saved....of being Born again. And simply put, the Christ EFFECT is God taking personal interest in you AS : God taking care of you.

Sure it is.

How do you ruin it.. ??
= Most have.

= "no EFFECT"
Let me explain it..
When you became born again, you became a part of God's Spirit.. ."One" with God.
You now exist in the Kingdom of God, and this Spiritual Kingdom is defined as being "in Christ".
Jesus is The Light, The Truth, the Resurrection, Wisdom, Sanctification.....all of this... and you are joined to Him, born again, into God's Spirit.
So, rules apply in there, Saint, and when you dont follow the Rules, because you don't know them, then "Christ becomes of NO EFFECT to you".

Now this does not mean that your Salvation or Eternal Life is in Jeopardy.... not at all, as this is a one time forever eternal situation that is created by the Blood of Jesus redeeming you.
So, what we are talking about is what happens after you are born again, regarding how to function properly within RIGHT BELIEVING = which is absolutely necessary to have the right EFFECT of God's Life being applied to you correctly.

Now.....First, Christ is GOD......and when you are a joint heir with Christ, this is WHY you are a Joint Heir of God.. Romans 8:17 and Galatians 4:7
So, let me explain the problem that most believers have that is keeping God's favor away from you.
So, its possible to be a Pope, or a Baptist Preacher, or a Charismatic Revivalist, and be an enemy of the Cross, preaching every Sunday from the Pulpit.
That is the EFFECT of ="falling from Grace". You have a blinded mind and you are deep into Theological Error and are in the Dark. And you can become so Spiritually Dark that you end up as who Jesus described as...>"be careful that the LIGHT in you, is not Darkness".

Blessings = Gone
Prayers Answered = Gone
Peace = Gone
All you'll have is guilt, a deceived mind, a sinning and repenting destroyed discipleship, and an attitude problem regarding being able to HEAR and ACCEPT how to escape your own self righteousness that has ruined your walk with God.
See, Legalsim KILLS real Faith, it destroy all believer's discipleship, and it blocks God's provision for you.

What is the Cure?

The CURE is to leave all ideas of how to stay accepted by God, that include you trying to do it.

The CURE is to come into the REAL Faith, into Right Believing, where you know that you know that you know, that the only thing you TRUST to get you into HEAVEN, and to keep you SAVED, is JESUS.

Your New Testament, = Paul teaching...... says for you to "prove yourself that you be IN THE FAITH". To "examine yourself".

"in the FAITH", is not trying to stay saved. Its not trying to work your way into heaven. Its not some idea of "enduring to the end" where you have been deceived into wrong believing....= that this means you have to work and trust in your FAITH or your list of works so that you can keep your Salvation.

"in the Faith".... simply means that you BELIEVE RIGHT regarding being completely convinced that "God who began your Salvation in you, will Himself BE Faithful to Complete it".

Listen Saint......"in the faith" means that you ONLY believe that Jesus who saved you, will keep you saved.

So, when you are THERE, when you ONLY Trust Jesus to keep you saved, and no longer Believe that you have a part in this...... you are flowing in the right "Effect" of the Blood Atonement, and you are Believing Right, and have the right "mind'.
Yup, legalist is the most commonly practiced by almost all religion of the law, such as moslem who put their acts of 5 times pray as an obligation of to get survived. And they put a trade of fulfilling their task as a debt to God and fulfilling the duty is measured as a gift to enter heaven.
Many religious leaders even protestant & catholic are influenced by this kind of practice in my country, that's why they forced us to be circumcised as their required tradition and respecting the jewish tradition. Majority is always must be set as the most highest priority in all respects. Maybe when Jesus walked the earth was also forced by Sadducee & Pharisees to obey their tradition like this, we know now the situation Jesus faced at that time.

Colossians 2:16-23 (BBE)
16. For this reason let no man be your judge in any question of food or drink or feast days or new moons or Sabbaths:
17. For these are an image of the things which are to come; but the body is Christ's.
18. Let no man take your reward from you by consciously making little of himself and giving worship to angels; having his thoughts fixed on the things which he has seen, being foolishly lifted up in his natural mind,
19. And not joined to the Head, from whom all the body, being given strength and kept together through its joins and bands, has its growth with the increase of God.
20. If you were made free, by your death with Christ, from the rules of the world, why do you put yourselves under the authority of orders
21. Which say there may be no touching, tasting, or taking in your hands,
22. (Rules which are all to come to an end with their use) after the orders and teaching of men?
23. These things seem to have a sort of wisdom in self-ordered worship and making little of oneself, and being cruel to the body, not honouring it by giving it its natural use.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! You actually did a good job there! So much that you wrote and only one error (in the spirit of what you were writing).

Actually not an error technically, it is actually exactly right.

My only correction would be that while our abiding does not depend on our behaviour, our behaviour will be transformed when we abide (1 John 3:6).
How is that a correction? What he wrote was right, so far as I see it.

Which is more important . . . your trust in Jesus . . . or your good opinion of your behavior?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a good reminder of this from God last night,

Ephesians 5:26-29
26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Good post!

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 5:6, For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is that a correction? What he wrote was right, so far as I see it.

Which is more important . . . your trust in Jesus . . . or your good opinion of your behavior?

Much love!
Didn't I say that he was technically right?

My point being along the lines of what is written in 2 Corinthians 13:5.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a correction in that it includes that which was omitted in his statements.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Well, that is not working for you.
As here you are, again, quoting from from 1 John, trying to prove that this is how you stop sinning.
Yet the fact is, you have told us that you still sin.
So, you talk a lot, you write a lot, yet, you have no fruit other than the talking and the writing.
You are still sinning, while pretending you know anything at all about the NT.
This issue you have, is that you listen with your mouth open, and that is why your heart can never hear any solution that would transform you.
Youve been saved a long time, and its not helping you stop sinning.

And why?
Because you are infected with wrong believing.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-

Thats pretty much it.

"Christianity".

Sure it is.

How do you ruin it.. ??
= Most have.

= "no EFFECT"
Let me explain it..

Blessings = Gone
Prayers Answered = Gone
Peace = Gone

What is the Cure?

Brilliant. I am so sad when people can't see this and continue to beat themselves up. Trust in Jesus - the Way, the Truth and the Life. Only Jesus.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yup, legalist is the most commonly practiced by almost all religion of the law, such as moslem who put their acts of 5 times pray as an obligation of to get survived. And they put a trade of fulfilling their task as a debt to God and fulfilling the duty is measured as a gift to enter heaven.
Many religious leaders even protestant & catholic are influenced by this kind of practice in my country, that's why they forced us to be circumcised as their required tradition and respecting the jewish tradition. Majority is always must be set as the most highest priority in all respects. Maybe when Jesus walked the earth was also forced by Sadducee & Pharisees to obey their tradition like this, we know now the situation Jesus faced at that time.

Colossians 2:16-23 (BBE)
16. For this reason let no man be your judge in any question of food or drink or feast days or new moons or Sabbaths:
17. For these are an image of the things which are to come; but the body is Christ's.
18. Let no man take your reward from you by consciously making little of himself and giving worship to angels; having his thoughts fixed on the things which he has seen, being foolishly lifted up in his natural mind,
19. And not joined to the Head, from whom all the body, being given strength and kept together through its joins and bands, has its growth with the increase of God.
20. If you were made free, by your death with Christ, from the rules of the world, why do you put yourselves under the authority of orders
21. Which say there may be no touching, tasting, or taking in your hands,
22. (Rules which are all to come to an end with their use) after the orders and teaching of men?
23. These things seem to have a sort of wisdom in self-ordered worship and making little of oneself, and being cruel to the body, not honouring it by giving it its natural use.

Hi Ysn,

i believe you are new to my Threads?

And yes, Legalism is a Theological Infection. Its powered by self righteousness and the dominion of the law.

A legalist, a religious faker, ...their flesh feels good......when they teach a lie.
Its a sensual pleasure within a carnal deceiver to preach against the Grace of God.
Satan loves this feeling, and so do his many trumpets you find on all Christian forums.

Some of them, they get going with a "why i hate OSAS", or "you can lose your salvation" Thread, and you can sense their carnality just dripping and spewing in GLEE, as they just love to try to deceive.
Satan has the same exact feelings.
He loves to Lie and these carnal fakers, they just love the feeling of their deceiving, yet, in many cases, they believe what they are saying.
Thats sort of a double whammy.
The deceived, deceiving, while they believe its true, and their deception is based on carnality, self righteousness, and this FEELS GOOD to them, so they just love to do it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Brilliant. I am so sad when people can't see this and continue to beat themselves up. Trust in Jesus - the Way, the Truth and the Life. Only Jesus.

Jesus said..."i call you friend", and God said, there is no greater love for a human, then for them to lay down their life, for a (their) friend".

But God went way beyond that rule, as that rule is for PEOPLE........but God is God and Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the Cross, as God, for not just His friends, but also for His ENEMIES.
Only God's love is that kind of Love.

and also...

Only God's Love , offered as Salvation, is, to "justify the UNGODLY">.. Romans 4:5

So only God lays down a holy Life for ENEMIES, and only God Justifies the UNGODLY.
THAT, is Love.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that is not working for you.
As here you are, again, quoting from from 1 John, trying to prove that this is how you stop sinning.
Yet the fact is, you have told us that you still sin.
So, you talk a lot, you write a lot, yet, you have no fruit other than the talking and the writing.
You are still sinning, while pretending you know anything at all about the NT.
This issue you have, is that you listen with your mouth open, and that is why your heart can never hear any solution that would transform you.
Youve been saved a long time, and its not helping you stop sinning.

And why?
Because you are infected with wrong believing.

Now, if I were to say that I have been perfected, would I not be disqualified from having been made perfect? Because the attitude of the perfected is that "I have room to grow." (Philippians 3:13-15, 1 John 1:8, Job 9:21)

I will say that I have been walking consistently according to the Spirit for quite some time now (and that this began since the last time that I told you that I had sinned; which has now been over three months ago).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now, if I were to say that I have been perfected, would I not be disqualified from having been made perfect? Because the attitude of the perfected is that "I have room to grow." (Philippians 3:13-15, 1 John 1:8, Job 9:21)

I will say that I have been walking consistently according to the Spirit for quite some time now (and that this began since the last time that I told you that I had sinned; which has now been over three months ago).
It's not just the 'big' stuff that is obviously sin but I'm pretty sure each and every one of us inadvertently sins on a daily basis even if it is some 'small' sin like impatience, or pride, or anger with another shopper or driver. But because we have matured we can now recognise these failings for what they are and look to God to forgive us and keep us walking in the light. We don't have to beat ourselves up about it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God went way beyond that rule, as that rule is for PEOPLE........but God is God and Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the Cross, as God, for not just His friends, but also for His ENEMIES.

Jhn 15:12, This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Jhn 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jhn 15:14, Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

It appears contextually that Jesus is here saying that He died for those who are obedient to His commandments

There is the other perspective in Romans 5:8...

However, I believe that in Romans 5:8 it is saying that Jesus offers forgiveness to His enemies...not necessarily that they are forgiven; unless they repent of their sins and begin to walk in the ways of the Lord. Such obedience is the proof that they have been forgiven.

Not to detract from this statement, but how are you certain of this?

Much love!

You think that I don't know what it means to walk according to the flesh? I have been having victory over the flesh for quite some time now; and I am fully aware of that victory that the Lord has given unto me.