Theophilos: Excellent Bible Software

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that there are probably a lot of Bible database software on the market out there but I picked up a program called Theophilos about a year ago at an electronics shop.I must say that I have been very happy with all that it has to offer and it's very convenient since I have it installed on my laptop at school. It provides a quick reference for me to find a specific verse when I cannot remember it or when I need to look up a certain term.

Jesse

Apr 2, 2006
great software, there, I don't own it, but from what I've seen it's great

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I have the "Deluxe Bible Collection" which is ok, but I don't like the selected translations. The commentary is a bit much for a dummy like me also.

guysmy

Apr 16, 2006
Sounds good SwampFox. For general reading I like to have a physical bible in my hands...(I can only take so much of a computer screen). When I want to look something up or compare translations I use BibleGateway.com. Anyway...I'll have a look at that...maybe I'll change my ways.
smile.gif

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
I've been looking for a program to use, myself.Haven't found one that I liked yet.Can we make a thread comparing the different optionsand perhaps a poll to see which most of us use?Aaron

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can do so but I'm not even aware of the alternatives found out there to be honest. There were two programs to choose form at Best Buy. I saw a few at my Christian bookstore but those were quite expensive.

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
That makes sense to me.The Christian book stores around here (the two within an hour from here)don't have them in store, or via catalogue or website.They has almost everything else but it- weird.Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.