There needs to be unity in the Body of Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I see with Churches around Australia, is instead of doing what they are called to do, they go around competing with each other, to see who can get the biggest congregation, who can put on the most events, who can sell the most man-made ideas to other people, everyone is always right in their own mind, ooo don't go to that Church come to our Church, surely this was not Jesus's original plan of the Church and Christianity, to me it seems more like an open air market, one seller is shouting out advertising 2 apples for a dollar at one side of the market, at the stall across from that seller someone is shouting out come and get your apples, come and get a whole kilogram for a dollar, come and get ya eggs, 50c each. I do not agree with it.

No wonder why the percentage of Christians in Australia has dropped.. Churches and Christians should be uniting together, instead of being competitive, divisive, and using their walls to divide them from other members of the Body of Christ, and that doesn't mean everyone should be doing the same thing, but they should be doing what they are doing in unity.

For example if the Body of Christ was made out of 100 people, there can be 20 people praying, 20 people going out on the streets and mission fields evangelizing, 10 people prophesying, 10 people teaching, 10 people interpreting, 10 people healing, 20 people helping the needy and this can all be done in unity, as a member of the Body of Christ we should be united and work together as a team for Jesus. Instead of competing against each other, if this changed in Australia, many people will be coming to Jesus, a perfect example is in Wales right now, you got over 50 Churches uniting together and spreading the gospel, as a result 2250 people have asked Jesus into their lives in 6 days, whether if they are praying, feeding the hungry, or evangelizing on the streets, they have united, and if they keep going this way it's just gonna keep spreading faster and faster, at this rate, already over 130,000 people are going to be saved in Wales in 365 days, but this has the potential to boom to a million. And this is what unity does, that why it's important we unite, instead of competing against each other, instead arguing doctrines, instead of nit-picking for nits in someone else's hair, anyone who is born again, are all born again because of Jesus, it's so important that we unite in the Body of Christ.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
to me it seems more like an open air market, one seller is shouting out advertising 2 apples for a dollar at one side of the market, at the stall across from that seller someone is shouting out come and get your apples, come and get a whole kilogram for a dollar, come and get ya eggs, 50c each. I do not agree with it.
ha, yup. not sure why you might consider this in any way "the Body of Christ" though

Reactions: Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha, yup. not sure why you might consider this in any way "the Body of Christ" though

There is only one body and we are all in it...whether we know it or not. If we belong to the Lord, we are in His body.

Do you know..I'd often seen you write ty at the end of a post...so I thought that your name was Tyler, or Tyren...than after a while I thought to myself...." No, you idiot, he is abbreviating 'thank you' " LOL :D :)

Reactions: Josho and bbyrd009

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that tends to unite Christians more than any other.... persecution. Christians in N. Korea, China, etc don't get all bogged down in "Churchianity" like folks in more peaceful environments do.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

There's more to unity then just coming together with others who claim to be christian.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Unity is of course where we need to be in Christ, but the important thing is get there without compromise. The ones who really in their hearts want that and are willing to do whatever it takes will be led there by the Holy Spirit. The OP is pointing in the right direction, but look @Copperhead to see an example of what may be necessary for it to happen. When that example of N. Korea or China becomes the example in Australia and the United States and other so-called Christian countries, how many "believers" will be left? How many "believers" so-called will stop practicing the Way of Jesus, when the price approaches closer the price Jesus paid at the end of His earthly ministry?

When the only thing people see are the rewards, it may be easy for them to walk a good clean walk and mouth the right words. When they see, however, the persecution that Jesus promised here:

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

Can we do this? Alone, we cannot... Too many are not really walking with God, but simply paying Him lip-service. As the pharisees of old it is likely that they already have their reward.

Reactions: Helen

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we do this? Alone, we cannot... Too many are not really walking with God, but simply paying Him lip-service. As the pharisees of old it is likely that they already have their reward.

truth....

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Reactions: amadeus