Therese of Lisieux

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. Therese of Lisieux, also known as the Little Flower, was the most ordinary person. At age 15 she became a Carmelite sister. The Carmelite Order is named after Mount Carmel and dates back to the Prophet Elijah and the school of prophets on Mount Carmel who prayed and meditated on the law of the Lord day and night.

That is essentially what she did. She could do absolutely nothing extraordinary.

But she did little things with great love. She saw that by cleaning toilets, sweeping and mopping floors, doing laundry, dusting, cooking, and doing chores with great love for God, she could please God , bring grace from heaven to earth, and change the world.

She wrote a book called the little way , and taught the world that God doesn't need us to do great things but do little things with great love.

A Pope declared that she was the greatest saint of modern times, and she was made doctor of the church. She died at age 24, and to most people it would look like she accomplished nothing.

She gives hope to people that live the most ordinary lives. I make money washing dishes and going on liquor store runs for a wet house. I plan on being a janitor again. Therese teaches me that being a nobody and doing ordinary labors can lead to sainthood.

If you believe in God, and you feel like you have a lot of ordinary tasks that you attend to, everything you do can be an offering to the heavenly Father that you pray to. Jesus was a humble carpenter.

It is all a sacrifice, an offering, and a redemptive cross to offer your higher power, bringing down Grace from Heaven to Earth.

The prayers of one person, Moses, saved the entire nation of Israel. Perhaps you feel like a most ordinary person, but your prayers and ordinary labors are what is needed to save a nation from destruction. If Therese can become the greatest saint of modern times doing ordinary labors, so can you.
240px-Teresa-de-Lisieux.jpg

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therese of Lisieux are you kidding me? She is like my saint of all time!!
Like one of the purest hearts I've ever read about!!

Reactions: Trump0101

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therese of Lisieux are you kidding me? She is like my saint of all time!!
Like one of the purest hearts I've ever read about!!
Coming from you that doesn't surprise me! :D

Her spirituality has revolutionized my life.

This particular thread I feel is important to share...it is to give people hope that everything they do can be an act of love for God, and can make them a great Saint who changes the world doing ordinary things. Of course it is God who does the work. But sometimes God needs intercessors to stand in the gap and intercede for the world, and this is one way it's done.

A lot of people are stuck making a living by the sweat of their brow, doing jobs they don't like. The little way is a spirituality where a person can find deeper meaning in the ordinary things that they have to do, do all things for the Lord, and reach their fullest potential sanctifying the duties of their state in life.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the story of the horrible murderous criminal...imprisoned and non repentant...he was known everywhere in the area...he had also raped girls, I do not rem how many...he did so many crimes.
Little Therese prayed for his soul day and night...she was so burdened for his soul that he might die not accepting the Lord....
As he was being prepared for the guillotine, right to the very last she prayed for this hated man...and right at the very last moment he finally called out to the Lord Himself to forgive him.
I write this from memory ..I believe it is very accurate.
Oh, to care so much for another...to care for a fellow child of God's that has lost his way, so so far away...to open his being to our Holy Father...and not die being in such grave darkness!
Yes, Matthew, I see how her example could change your life.

Reactions: Trump0101

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the story of the horrible murderous criminal...imprisoned and non repentant...he was known everywhere in the area...he had also raped girls, I do not rem how many...he did so many crimes.
Little Therese prayed for his soul day and night...she was so burdened for his soul that he might die not accepting the Lord....
As he was being prepared for the guillotine, right to the very last she prayed for this hated man...and right at the very last moment he finally called out to the Lord Himself to forgive him.
I write this from memory ..I believe it is very accurate.
Oh, to care so much for another...to care for a fellow child of God's that has lost his way, so so far away...to open his being to our Holy Father...and not die being in such grave darkness!
Yes, Matthew, I see how her example could change your life.
Yes I saw the story of that man in a documentary...glad you reminded me. :) I pray very much for sick people with the hardest of hearts. I can relate to them.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Trump0101 Reminds me of a scripture I read ( may not be word perfect )...."God uses the unimportant and the base of this world". Should give each one of us hope, no matter how we feel about ourselves...He knows us better than we know ourselves, and He knows what is to come for us....What a wonderful story :)