Think about it: "No man can buy or sell"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF this whole thing was the precursor to the mark of the beast, which I think it could be...

1. I think we would go before that time. I don't believe we would be here.
2. BUT if we didn't, how would you survive?

You wouldn't be able to drive because you couldn't afford it.

You wouldn't need a prepped pantry full of 10+ years of food. You wouldn't have a pantry.

I think the Christians would all be nomadic. Maybe we would barter and forage. Maybe we would just have to stick really close together.

But I think of Luke 9, Jesus told the 12 to go with nothing. I feel like it was an act of faith for them and that the Lord would provide for them on their journey.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a "bug-out" bag complete with a small book on foraging would be important. Bartering would be an option as well. And I wouldn't rule out God hollowing out "Goshens."

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a "bug-out" bag complete with a small book on foraging would be important. Bartering would be an option as well. And I wouldn't rule out God hollowing out "Goshens."
I had a great foraging book.. One of my cats "disapproved" and now that book ended up in the trash. Lol

I agree with the bug out bag. I wanted to say we should invade a ghost town and take over, but parks jumps out a lot at me significantly for some reason.

Who would lead us? We might be scattered. Sigh!

I believe the Holy Spirit will take us to where we need to go. Ever hear stories about school buses about being on a cliff and about to fall, but all of a sudden they were on the other side and remember nothing? Read Acts 8:38-40!

He can do whatever he pleases.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF this whole thing was the precursor to the mark of the beast, which I think it could be...

You wouldn't need a prepped pantry full of 10+ years of food. You wouldn't have a pantry.

I think the Christians would all be nomadic. Maybe we would barter and forage. Maybe we would just have to stick really close together.

But I think of Luke 9, Jesus told the 12 to go with nothing. I feel like it was an act of faith for them and that the Lord would provide for them on their journey.

I believe as you that those counted worthy wouldn’t be here. But I do also think if I needed more sifting to come out pure in my trust I would be left. And if that were so, I would get by on trust and would not love my life. People here in tribulation will see mighty and miraculous provisions and their trust will grow so unshakable that they will even remain in that trust if their heads are cut off.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had a great foraging book.. One of my cats "disapproved" and now that book ended up in the trash. Lol

I agree with the bug out bag. I wanted to say we should invade a ghost town and take over, but parks jumps out a lot at me significantly for some reason.

I believe the Holy Spirit will take us to where we need to go. Ever hear stories about school buses about being on a cliff and about to fall, but all of a sudden they were on the other side and remember nothing? Read Acts 8:38-40!

He can do whatever he pleases.
You mean like there's unity in the church, and here on the forum, right? I hope He sends big, scary-looking angels! Lol
Maybe He'll suspend free-will...it could happen, couldn't it?

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe as you that those counted worthy wouldn’t be here. But I do also think if I needed more sifting to come out pure in my trust I would be left. And if that were so, I would get by on trust and would not love my life. People here in tribulation will see mighty and miraculous provisions and their trust will grow so unshakable that they will even remain in that trust if their heads are cut off.
Yes, and for us westerners, it's kind of hard to picture that happening in these times and see it far in the future, but look at Christians in just Iran, lots of other places, they are showing that trust every day.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like there's unity in the church, and here on the forum, right? I hope He send big, scary-looking angels! Lol
Maybe He'll suspend free-will...it could happen, couldn't it?
I want to say expect it...

Revelation 7:9-10

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

We come out of a great tribulation. Whether that means we go through one and then come out, or never deal with it and come out being rescued, I don't really know.:)

Reactions: Truman

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would survive off of mountain lion meat, hunting the hunters :cool:
I know the perfect place. Lol When my boy was a toddler, I went to check the mail with him. Heard something in the bushes. Thought it was a snake. Went back in.

Looked out the kitchen window. Cougar staring at me. Big cat was stalking me. I believe God was protecting me. And my boy!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to say expect it...

Revelation 7:9-10

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

We come out of a great tribulation. Whether that means we go through one and then come out, or never deal with it and come out being rescued, I don't really know.:)
I may not last that long, but...you poor thing! Lol

Reactions: DuckieLady

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the perfect place. Lol When my boy was a toddler, I went to check the mail with him. Heard something in the bushes. Thought it was a snake. Went back in.

Looked out the kitchen window. Cougar staring at me. Big cat was stalking me. I believe God was protecting me. And my boy!

Tsk! And here I am freaking out over a spider! Lolol

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I get this is a random thought that may be nothing. But concerning your topic I think of Acts 16:16-19 ‘One day as we were going down to the place of prayer, we met a slave girl who had a spirit that enabled her to tell the future. She earned a lot of money for her masters by telling fortunes. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, and they have come to tell you how to be saved.”

18 This went on day after day until Paul got so exasperated that he turned and said to the demon within her, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And instantly it left her.

19 Her masters’ hopes of wealth were now shattered, so they grabbed Paul and Silas and dragged them before the authorities at the marketplace.
It is the ‘her masters’ hopes of wealth were now shattered’, their hopes of gain was gone…that makes me consider it with your topic.