Thinking Deeply

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was meditating on mediatating...
What does it mean to meditate?

Gen 24:63 And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming.

What do you suppose Isaac was meditating about?
This is the day Rebekah decides if she will go with Isaac and marry him.
Isaac is out in the field meditating when Rebekah comes riding with the Camels.
I'm sure he had a lot of thoughts like, I prayed to the Lord a specific sign.
That a woman would come to the well to draw water and offer to water the camels as well.
The woman would also be a relative of Abraham's family.
He may have thought to himself.. was it a coincidence?
What if she chooses not to come away with me?

Genesis chapter 24 is the story.

Meditating in the field..

The next time I find the word meditate..
Joshua chapter 1:
Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Isaac, I believe was meditating on the Lord's promises. His Word.
The next time we see meditate is on what's written.

What happened between speaking directly face to face, to having to write down what every one common should observe?
There were many members in Isaac's family and the Lord spoke with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob individually.
Did Isaac write "rules" for all his family members to abide by?
What do you suppose parenting was like.
There were no schools other than the parents.
The parents would have to pass down some kind of guidence, like respectfulness, honesty, farming, economics, justice, decency, sibling rivalry, facts of life...
Would the parents have discussed how they would raise their children? Or did it just come naturally?

just meditating on meditating..
:)
Hugs

Reactions: Taken

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next occurance of meditate is here:

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

So I see 2 laws. One is orally given. Direction, correction, promises, and contracts (covenants) .
The 2nd is written by hand. A mixture of promises and punishments. If you do good, If you do evil.
Good and Evil. Where is the first occurance of Good and Evil together? It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
What is this tree? What or whom does it represent?
We know the serpent enticed Eve to eat of the tree. The devil told her to eat the fruit from that tree, that she would live forever by their own knowldge of what is Good and Evil.
This is Man's law. The carnal letter of the law. Written by the hand of man, concerning what is good and what is evil.
Mixed with God's Law. The Spirit of the Law. Written on the hearts and minds by the Lord, concerning what is good.
The written law contains good seed and bad seed. Some is carnal, some is spiritual.
The Gospel is the key to unlocking the spiritual knowledge of Good. Without Jesus, there is no Door to unlock what is spiritually written in the law made for clay. Earthen, earthy..carnal man.
We were kept under the carnal written law until the key came and unlocked the door to our spiritual understanding.
We could now see and hear and understand the duality of the law.

This is the "good is evil" "right is wrong" "up is down" "Love is Hate"

Jesus speaks about if your right eye offends the, pluck it out..
There are two opposing messages in the law of Moses.
There is the Spiritual Good and the Carnal Evil.
You read the law depending upon your eye.
If your eye be light or if your eye be darkness..
And if your eye be filled with darkness then you only understand the carnal law. The cold, hard, non compromising, sterile, judgemental written law.
The ten commandments written on stone by the Hand of the Lord, does not give ultimatums or punishments except one.
That you will have a long life if you honor your parents. (Live long upon the land the Lord thy God hath given you) .

Paul says the law was added because of transgression.
What transgressions were there before the law was given?
Which law and when?
There was no written law, there was only law handed down by parents to their children, word of mouth.
They also knew the law of right and wrong written in their hearts and minds.
A little carnal and a lot spiritual.
In the case of Cain and Abel, Cain let his anger overpower him and he slew Abel.
When the Lord spoke to him and made him realize his sin (thou shalt not murder) , the fact of knowing the difference of good and evil, opened up his understanding. And his punishment was more than he could bare. God would send him forth as a vagabond into the world without His Spirit.
Man would become a beast.
The Man lives by the Spiritual law written in his heart and mind.
The Beast lives by the Carnal law written by the hand of beasts guided by Angels.
The Angel of the Lord is the Spirit of the Lord in the bush that burned with fire and was not consumed. That got Moses' attention and led him down to Egypt to free His people. And led them through the desert for 40 years.
The Spirit of the Lord was not in them, but walked beside them and camped with them, and taught them for 40 years.
During this time they tested the Lord and was tested themselves.
They didn't trust him. They didn't "Know Him" .
By the time they came to Mt.Sinai they had fallen away. Murmuring, backbiters, questioning authority... not very good fruit.
And so the law was added because of their transgressions, their pride, their lusts, their coveteousness. Their turning away from thr Lord that saved them.

When Jesus died for them (physical Israel in the flesh with hearts of stone) he removed their transgressions and gave them a chance to begin again. To be born of the Spiritual knowledge of which Jesus was the key of David that opened the Door to the tree of Life.
The meditating of the law. The Spiritual Law written by the Lord on our hearts and minds, interwoven in the written words of carnal beasts.
By the mediation of an Angel.

And now even those who were not Physical Israel have also been given the gift of reconciliation, even though we were not a people, we became his people by the Spirit of the Lord poured throughout humanity.

Was this what David in Psalm chapter 1 referring to?
The Key of David.
The gift of knowledge of the Spirit of God.
And how to discern between good and evil.
And how to apply spiritual and carnal law.
With Justice and Mercy and Truth.
and yet mixed with Vengence and Punishment that is exacted by beasts.

meditation..
Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Hugs

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was meditating on mediatating...
What does it mean to meditate?

Gen 24:63 And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming.

What do you suppose Isaac was meditating about?
This is the day Rebekah decides if she will go with Isaac and marry him.
Isaac is out in the field meditating when Rebekah comes riding with the Camels.
I'm sure he had a lot of thoughts like, I prayed to the Lord a specific sign.
That a woman would come to the well to draw water and offer to water the camels as well.
The woman would also be a relative of Abraham's family.
He may have thought to himself.. was it a coincidence?
What if she chooses not to come away with me?

Genesis chapter 24 is the story.

Meditating in the field..

The next time I find the word meditate..
Joshua chapter 1:
Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Isaac, I believe was meditating on the Lord's promises. His Word.
The next time we see meditate is on what's written.

What happened between speaking directly face to face, to having to write down what every one common should observe?
There were many members in Isaac's family and the Lord spoke with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob individually.
Did Isaac write "rules" for all his family members to abide by?
What do you suppose parenting was like.
There were no schools other than the parents.
The parents would have to pass down some kind of guidence, like respectfulness, honesty, farming, economics, justice, decency, sibling rivalry, facts of life...
Would the parents have discussed how they would raise their children? Or did it just come naturally?

just meditating on meditating..
Hugs

To think heavily about, how the information can apply to you personally, and how it can benefit your life, would be the way I would describe it Maam.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

This is exactly what happened after 40 years of wandering in the desert.
It is also what happened 400 years of captivity to Egypt.

In the days of Jacob, there was famine in the land.
Something wasn't right for there to be famine.
Famine comes when man is falling away, or a need to learn a deeper spiritual truth. into the water or into the fire.
Jacob went down to Egypt after being told to stay away.
Their seed became planted in the land of Goshen which belonged to Egypt.
Joseph saved their flesh but their spirit was brought under the Pharoah's authority.
Until Joseph passed away they had peace and security until a new Pharoah arose that new not Joseph.
And they became slaves under bondage to Pharoah and his laws. The law of Beasts.
The first time stoning is mentioned is when Moses is reciting Pharoahs laws for disobedience.
We see that carried over and placed within the law at Mt.Sanai.
This is the mingling of the seeds of knowledge of good and evil.

We see this happening in the world today, where bad laws intermingle and become grafted in with the good laws.
And when this happens it is because there was a famine and we fell victim to a different authority than the Lord's.
The famine began they day Jesus died.
He was the seed of Spiritual knowledge that must die in order to grow new grain.
That new grain was the book of Acts.
And as each new generation was born and memories forgotten, the Gospel was written by hand to remember the words of the Lord.
But even these "letters" were mixed with both spiritual and carnal knowledge,
another test to exercise one's skill at discernment.
It's a pattern.. a path..
And today we see humanity coming under the slavery and bondage of Pharaoh and Egypt once again.

The reason people are looking for the return of the Lord is because it is His pattern.
And if one seeks for him and we wait for him, even when we least deserve it..
Like in the day of Moses under Egypt, or in the days of Jesus under Rome..

I see fractals.. in God's creation.. it is His path.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
What we call science is God's handiwork.

History repeating itself, is like snowflakes are to fractals.
God has made himself known in everything He created.
In order to prophecy the future one must be able to interpret the past
and walk in the old paths...

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

We will not walk therein but rather lean on our own understanding...
Science is the art of learning new knowledge.
But the True knowledge has already been given.
One must just stand in it, see it, and walk in it.

Walking through the past can be difficult as many have put up obstacles and stumbling stones to manuever around.
Some have re-written history according to their own understanding.
But the Truth will always find a way to reveal itself even while we walk in the valley of the shadow of death.
The Bible is a template.
It is also fractal.
It begins at the base in Genesis. Even within Genesis you can see the patterns from Cain and Abel to Ishmael and Isaac, to Esau and Jacob.
This is the first set of fractals. Then we have families vs families, then nations vs nations... until the snowflake stops recreating it's own fractals.
And then it begins again. Always expanding, always repeating.. the old paths.

just thinking..
Hugs

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The next occurance of meditate is here:

So I see 2 laws. One is orally given. Direction, correction, promises, and contracts (covenants) .
The 2nd is written by hand. A mixture of promises and punishments. If you do good, If you do evil.
Good and Evil. Where is the first occurance of Good and Evil together? It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
What is this tree? What or whom does it represent?
We know the serpent enticed Eve to eat of the tree. The devil told her to eat the fruit from that tree, that she would live forever by their own knowldge of what is Good and Evil.
This is Man's law. The carnal letter of the law. Written by the hand of man, concerning what is good and what is evil.
Mixed with God's Law. The Spirit of the Law. Written on the hearts and minds by the Lord, concerning what is good.
The written law contains good seed and bad seed. Some is carnal, some is spiritual.
The Gospel is the key to unlocking the spiritual knowledge of Good. Without Jesus, there is no Door to unlock what is spiritually written in the law made for clay. Earthen, earthy..carnal man.
We were kept under the carnal written law until the key came and unlocked the door to our spiritual understanding.
We could now see and hear and understand the duality of the law.

This is the "good is evil" "right is wrong" "up is down" "Love is Hate"

Jesus speaks about if your right eye offends the, pluck it out..
There are two opposing messages in the law of Moses.
There is the Spiritual Good and the Carnal Evil.
You read the law depending upon your eye.
If your eye be light or if your eye be darkness..
And if your eye be filled with darkness then you only understand the carnal law. The cold, hard, non compromising, sterile, judgemental written law.
The ten commandments written on stone by the Hand of the Lord, does not give ultimatums or punishments except one.
That you will have a long life if you honor your parents. (Live long upon the land the Lord thy God hath given you) .

Paul says the law was added because of transgression.
What transgressions were there before the law was given?
Which law and when?
There was no written law, there was only law handed down by parents to their children, word of mouth.
They also knew the law of right and wrong written in their hearts and minds.
A little carnal and a lot spiritual.
In the case of Cain and Abel, Cain let his anger overpower him and he slew Abel.
When the Lord spoke to him and made him realize his sin (thou shalt not murder) , the fact of knowing the difference of good and evil, opened up his understanding. And his punishment was more than he could bare. God would send him forth as a vagabond into the world without His Spirit.
Man would become a beast.
The Man lives by the Spiritual law written in his heart and mind.
The Beast lives by the Carnal law written by the hand of beasts guided by Angels.
The Angel of the Lord is the Spirit of the Lord in the bush that burned with fire and was not consumed. That got Moses' attention and led him down to Egypt to free His people. And led them through the desert for 40 years.
The Spirit of the Lord was not in them, but walked beside them and camped with them, and taught them for 40 years.
During this time they tested the Lord and was tested themselves.
They didn't trust him. They didn't "Know Him" .
By the time they came to Mt.Sinai they had fallen away. Murmuring, backbiters, questioning authority... not very good fruit.
And so the law was added because of their transgressions, their pride, their lusts, their coveteousness. Their turning away from thr Lord that saved them.

When Jesus died for them (physical Israel in the flesh with hearts of stone) he removed their transgressions and gave them a chance to begin again. To be born of the Spiritual knowledge of which Jesus was the key of David that opened the Door to the tree of Life.
The meditating of the law. The Spiritual Law written by the Lord on our hearts and minds, interwoven in the written words of carnal beasts.
By the mediation of an Angel.

And now even those who were not Physical Israel have also been given the gift of reconciliation, even though we were not a people, we became his people by the Spirit of the Lord poured throughout humanity.

Was this what David in Psalm chapter 1 referring to?
The Key of David.
The gift of knowledge of the Spirit of God.
And how to discern between good and evil.
And how to apply spiritual and carnal law.
With Justice and Mercy and Truth.
and yet mixed with Vengence and Punishment that is exacted by beasts.

meditation..
Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Hugs
THUNKING

I did some thunking in my head
throughout the day and in my bed
the more I thought 'bout this and that
I could have sworn my head got fat

I met some folk, bright and clean
then wondered where on Earth I'd been
the things they spoke I'd never known
it felt like I was gnawing bone

My ego shrunk, 'twas somewhat pale
my ears were red but not from ale
my thoughts I saw were not so deep
but followed all the other sheep

Wisdom is the purest gold
a treasure which will not grow old
and ears to hear for what is sought
exceeds all that is sold or bought.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking Deeply
OP ^

Meditating?
Yes, thinking deeply on a subject.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

Deu 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
Deu 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Pro 14:33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

Pro 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Buy the truth, and sell it not... also wisdom, instruction, and understanding.
Buy them with what?

These are gifts, in what way can they be purchased or sold?
You can buy books or pay to watch a lecture or go to school.
But you are buying other peoples wisdom and understanding and their truth.
True wisdom and understanding comes from within..
how can one then buy or sell them?

Act 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Act 8:19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Act 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
Act 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Deu 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

just thunking..
Hugs

Reactions: Wynona