This Experience Must Come

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“And he saw him no more.” II Kings 2:12

It is not wrong to depend upon Elijah as long as God gives him to you, but remember the time will come when he will have to go; when he stands no more to you as your guide and leader., because God does not intend that he should. You say-- “I cannot go on without Elijah.” God says you must.

Alone at your Jordan. v. 2:14. Jordan is the type of separation where there is no fellowship with anyone else. and where no one can take the responsibility for you. You have to put to the test now what you learned when you were with your Elijah. You have been to Jordan over and over again with Elijah, but now you are up against it alone. It is no use saying you cannot go; this experience has come, and you must go. If you want to know whether God is the God you believe Him to be, then go through your Jordan alone.

Alone at your Jericho. v. 2:15. Jericho is the place where you have seen your Elijah do great things. When you come to your Jericho you have a strong disinclination to take the initiative and trust in God, you want someone else to take it for you. If you remain true to what you learned with Elijah, you will get the sign that God is with you.

Alone at your Bethel. v. 2:23. At your Bethel you will find yourself at your wits’ end and at the beginning of God’s wisdom. When you get to your wits’ end and feel inclined to succumb to panic, don’t; stand true to God and He will bring His truth out in a way that will make your life a sacrament. Put into practice what you learned with you Elijah, use his cloak and pray. Determine to trust in God and do not look for Elijah anymore.

by Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His highest, August 11th

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“And he saw him no more.” II Kings 2:12

It is not wrong to depend upon Elijah as long as God gives him to you, but remember the time will come when he will have to go; when he stands no more to you as your guide and leader., because God does not intend that he should. You say-- “I cannot go on without Elijah.” God says you must.

Alone at your Jordan. v. 2:14. Jordan is the type of separation where there is no fellowship with anyone else. and where no one can take the responsibility for you. You have to put to the test now what you learned when you were with your Elijah. You have been to Jordan over and over again with Elijah, but now you are up against it alone. It is no use saying you cannot go; this experience has come, and you must go. If you want to know whether God is the God you believe Him to be, then go through your Jordan alone.

Alone at your Jericho. v. 2:15. Jericho is the place where you have seen your Elijah do great things. When you come to your Jericho you have a strong disinclination to take the initiative and trust in God, you want someone else to take it for you. If you remain true to what you learned with Elijah, you will get the sign that God is with you.

Alone at your Bethel. v. 2:23. At your Bethel you will find yourself at your wits’ end and at the beginning of God’s wisdom. When you get to your wits’ end and feel inclined to succumb to panic, don’t; stand true to God and He will bring His truth out in a way that will make your life a sacrament. Put into practice what you learned with you Elijah, use his cloak and pray. Determine to trust in God and do not look for Elijah anymore.

by Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His highest, August 11th

Good book! Miss seeing you around my big bro!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good book! Miss seeing you around my big bro!
As you already know, I am not one to argue much. I am gathering things as God helps me but the transfer of ideas, the ones that really matter to our Maker, isn't done through man's brain power although men often try to work that way...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you already know, I am not one to argue much. I am gathering things as God helps me but the transfer of ideas, the ones that really matter to our Maker, isn't done through man's brain power although men often try to work that way...

Understood John, can't seem to move past that one but, going to have to as men will not budge on things (not all, many though)
I just miss seeing your presence on here.

Reactions: amadeus

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you stand at wits end and depend on God to guide you. There you may suffer those that claim more knowledge. And suffer many do because those that claim more knowledge are running scared that there lack of knowledge is going to exposed. Here you need God and his love the most and it is here if you let GOD lead you onwards that God adds to your knowledge. Often of his mercies and love.

Alfredthefifth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you stand at wits end and depend on God to guide you. There you may suffer those that claim more knowledge. And suffer many do because those that claim more knowledge are running scared that there lack of knowledge is going to exposed. Here you need God and his love the most and it is here if you let GOD lead you onwards that God adds to your knowledge. Often of his mercies and love.

Alfredthefifth
What a mighty God we serve!