This great prophetic work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E

epouraniois

About what Matt. was inspired to recall, I wanted to show some small portion.Notable is that the Lord came with the full testimony of the OT prophecies, bearing the signs and miracles, refusing none, healing day and night, irregardless of their faith, to the point that they were without excuse.Mat 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed,and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preachedto them. Now watch the progression:Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heavensuffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come. Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. Did they have ears to hear? Check it out:Mat 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous,and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children. Mat 11:20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not: He began to upbraid the city. He wasn't just doing an occasional miracle, Hewas doing them all the time! Day after day after day after day:Mat 11:22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. (this also goes to even these have a resurrection, showing He died for the wholeworld, that none has He lost)Mat 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been donein Sodom, it would have remained until this day. Mat 11:24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom,in the day of judgment, than for thee. Hard on this is chapter 12, showing He came in the 3 great prophetic offices thatonly God could come in:Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were hungry, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciplesdo that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him; Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, whichwas not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only forthe priests Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priestsin the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice,ye would not have condemned the guiltless. Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. HE IS THE LORDMat 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shallcondemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and, behold, a greaterthan Jonah is here. PROPHET, JOHAH THE PROPHETMat 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation,and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hearthe wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here. KING, SOLOMON THE KINGLORDPROPHETKINGAND WHAT DID THEY DO, even seeped in the midst of all this daily working of miracles, mighty signs and wonders, This great prophetic work operating openly for the benefit and blessing of all Israel, with nothing veiled,What did these great leaders of the Jews proceed to do?They called Him Satan, saying His Works were the workings of Satan ! ! !and if you read it within it's own context, it can be easilyseenwhat the unpardonable sin is, & it is this ~that they said the miracles being done was the workingof Satan ~ That work was being done by the power of the Holy Spirit, by the Wordof the Father and the Work of the Son was Satan, SOThe Lord Christ, He said that they could say anything about Him they wanted, (and they did, they tortured Him and said all kinds of horrible things, but He forgave them, He prayed for their forgiveness - so they are forgiven) but He said that by calling the work of the Holy Spirit which He was doing, the very work they had been trained to recongnize, He said, well, THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE!And hard on the back of this the Christ begins speaking in parables in ch13, where He says, 'In them'... Well then, what is the Lord asking? In who is fulfilled what things? A. In them who He was workingmiraclesin front of daily. And He quotes Isaiah 6:9,10 for the first time as a warning they were fulfilling the negative side of Scripture. It wasn't Israel of the dispersion, itwasthem who were in His midts, in them who were witnesses "about 120 believed".Moving forward:Mk 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?Mk 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.Jn 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for [so] I am.Note, in the Greek original, the article "THE" Lord is the correct, forit reads, ho kurios and the teacher, but they wrote it the Master (teacher) and (the) Lord;Jn 13:14 If I then, [your] Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Good study, I like it probaby best...but 2 things I'd like to add not a disgreement :1.the unforgivable sin Christ spoke of is the denial of The Holy Spirit speaking throught he elect at the time they are called up before the antiChrist.(so thats why He could forgive)2: In Chap 13 Christ teaches an amazing couple of parables that show who these naysayers are and how religiious is not necessiarily holy or righteous. He is teaching the Jews that are not Jews as described in Rev. two churches Phildephia and Smyrna..those nasty tares.

E

epouraniois

betchevy,re 1, while being fully aware that what you stated is commonly taught, we must rest upon what the Scriptures actually do state of themselves, so, are we able to look at, and acknowledge, what the vv.s themselves reveal? I pray that we are able.He, the Lord Christ Jesus, plainly said they (these leaders of the Jews) could call Him whatever they wished, but to call the work of the HS the work of the devil was unforgivable. And He stated this not once, not twice, but three times. It is plainly written. Why do we feel the need to alter or inject into that which is so plainly written? I have no answer for that. But let's look at the verses closely ~Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. (...)Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (...)Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. (that is repeating it twice, this blasphemy has already been defined for us, it (this blasphemy) is saying the work of the HS is the work of Satan, see vv 24 &32)Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (that is repeating it for the third time)There is simply nothing there to reveal that in some far future time where Christ is not present and personally working miracles by the HS, that this sin can be repeated. Christ must be present, must be working miracles as prescribed by the Scriptures for the hope of His people Israel, and the leaders must rebuke the work of the HS He was preforming, calling that work the work of the devil. And THAT, says the Lord, is unforgivable. IOW's, according to the Scriptures above, this sin, unforgivable as it was, could only occur in the days of the Lord's earthly ministry.no 2, agreed, the tares were the subject of one of the 8 parables given in that chapter (although many only find 7 parables there).

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
So when are you saying the unforgivable sin can be committed? By whom? Yes we know its blasphemy of the holy spirit but sets this apart from other blasphemy