This is a little bit freaky...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what we do really does affect bone growth. Just ask any woman. The bone on top of the shoulder where she normally carries her purse will be larger than the bone on her other shoulder. It sticks up quite a bit more.

Reactions: Willie T

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So are you saying that mobile phone use will turn teenagers into cows, or that the phone in some way stimulates bone growth?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I'm saying that physical things we do with our body produce extra bone growth. Like I said, if a woman carries a heavy purse, over time, the preferred shoulder develops more bone growth. So she can stand and look in a mirror and see this is so. And she can feel the tops of her shoulders and one of them has a distinct larger bony protuberance. Over time, the bone grew to take the weight of the purse.

And with phones, if you have your head down so much of the time texting, the weight of your head puts weight on the bone where your neck meets the base of your skull, so in the same way as with the purse and the shoulder, those two bones grow distinctly bigger. They protrude more. I think the news article called it "texting horns." So the bony protuberance on my right shoulder could be called a "purse horn."

And that "purse horn" was developed after my bones had mostly stopped growing, 18 years old and onward.

But children are texting all the time, and their bone growth is still happening, so you would expect even more of a protuberance at the base of their skulls than if they started texting after about 18 years of age for women and 21 years of age for men. (Those are the ages when bone growth is largely finished for males and females.) The article didn't say all of that about the ages but I remember it from Anatomy class. So...the more texting and time surfing on a phone, with your head down, the bigger the protuberance would be, I theorize.

Reactions: amadeus and Acolyte