This Is What Happens to Your Body When You Quit (Diet) Soda For 100 Days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Is What Happens to Your Body When You Quit Soda For 100 Days

No one should consume diet soda.
When DS enters your stomach during digestion the artificial sweetener turns into alcohol, which increases your appetite.
Further, Aspartame, the typical sugar substitute for DS, bypasses the blood brain barrier in the brain and fries the synapses in the brain. In other words, continued consumption of DS can result in loss of cognition. I.E. it dumbs the consumer down. Because it fries the synapses that fire the brains functionality.
aspartame fries brain synapses at DuckDuckGo
Review raises questions over aspartame and brain health

Of course now this is being called a conspiracy theory. But the study that proved this was done by a major soda manufacturer years ago.

This is what happened.

This soda manufacturer, interestingly soda manufacturers are also some of the major producers in the bottled water industry, contracted with a public school to perform their experiment on the human effects of Aspartame. Parents were informed prior and agreed to let their children participate. (As the next stage of lab rat)

The soda company installed soda machines in the school. The students were informed. The sodas were free. Students could drink sodas at any time.
One side of the school was restricted to regular sodas in their machines. The other side of the school to diet sodas in theirs.
Prior to the start of the school day the students were given a basic acuity test. Name, address, basic questions.

At the end of that school day the students were given the same test.
The study found the students who consumed the diet sodas had issues with the test. Some were unable to recall their address.

Don't drink diet soda. Have you ever seen someone who is overweight lose weight that way?
Or, next time you're at a fast food place pay attention if you hear someone order diet soda with their meal. Is it a large meal? Adding a diet soda to wash it all down?
Aspartame: Decades of Science Point to Serious Health Risks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When DS enters your stomach during digestion the artificial sweetener turns into alcohol, which increases your appetite.
Further, Aspartame, the typical sugar substitute for DS, bypasses the blood brain barrier in the brain and fries the synapses in the brain. In other words, continued consumption of DS can result in loss of cognition. I.E. it dumbs the consumer down. Because it fries the synapses that fire the brains functionality.

Of course now this is being called a conspiracy theory. But the study that proved this was done by a major soda manufacturer years ago.

This is what happened.

This soda manufacturer, interestingly soda manufacturers are also some of the major producers in the bottled water industry, contracted with a public school to perform their experiment on the human effects of Aspartame. Parents were informed prior and agreed to let their children participate. (As the next stage of lab rat)

The soda company installed soda machines in the school. The students were informed. The sodas were free. Students could drink sodas at any time.
One side of the school was restricted to regular sodas in their machines. The other side of the school to diet sodas in theirs.
Prior to the start of the school day the students were given a basic acuity test. Name, address, basic questions.

The study found the students who consumed the diet sodas had issues with the test. Some were unable to recall their address.

Don't drink diet soda. Have you ever seen someone who is overweight lose weight that way?
Or, next time you're at a fast food place pay attention if you hear someone order diet soda with their meal. Is it a large meal? Adding a diet soda to wash it all down?

Huh, that explains allot, lol! I am a diabetic, not insulin dependent but I don't drink much soda at all. BUT...I did for decades and, combine that with living like the world in bars and drinking and drugging (DECADES ago)...well...I am definitely dumbed down! :p I do believe this to be most likely true..

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh, that explains allot, lol! I am a diabetic, not insulin dependent but I don't drink much soda at all. BUT...I did for decades and, combine that with living like the world in bars and drinking and drugging (DECADES ago)...well...I am definitely dumbed down! :p I do believe this to be most likely true..
Been there done that myself sister. Decades ago.
We suffered from that dis-ease of youth many a young person enters into sooner or later; know it all invincibility.
We didn't think about the effects upon our bodies later. We just enjoyed the effects upon our body in the moment.
What's that old saying, Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been there done that myself sister. Decades ago.
We suffered from that dis-ease of youth many a young person enters into sooner or later; know it all invincibility.
We didn't think about the effects upon our bodies later. We just enjoyed the effects upon our body in the moment.
What's that old saying, Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."

Tru dat me sis :D
Once our minds catch up to our bodies, we are too old to be of better use!! :confused:

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."

Tru dat me sis :D
Once our minds catch up to our bodies, we are too old to be of better use!! :confused:
:( That's a bummer. I have all manner of plans to better use me self till I'm on the other side of the dirt. Now here you come along and burst that balloon.
Meanie!

:p

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is what happened.

I always trusted my senses on diet drinks, and from the first moment I tasted that stuff, my body told me "Poison..." Never been a dieter so I had no need, but I would always fear for the women around me who drank diet drinks. I always sensed they were seriously messing with their health.

Bought a couple 2 liters of root beer the other day, and poured myself a drink when I got home. Immediately thought to myself, "That is some really BAD root beer..." Went and checked. One was the diet version, and I had picked it up by accident.

I still can't stand the stuff, LoL.

Reactions: WaterSong

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is what happened.

I havent had more then a third a can in my life. My husband lives on Mountain Dew though. It is the worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I havent had more then a third a can in my life. My husband lives on Mountain Dew though. It is the worst.
More than you know. :(
What are the ingredients in flame retardant?

• The flame retardant, BVO, is currently listed as an ingredient in various citrus soft drinks such as: Mountain Dew, Squirt, Fanta Orange, Sunkist Pineapple, Gatorade Thirst Quencher Orange, Powerade Strawberry Lemonade and Fresca Original Citrus. But why and what for?
Reference
There's Flame Retardant in Mountain Dew

ABC News:Flame Retardant in Your Mountain Dew? Yep