This Jesus, God resurrected!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected, or do you think it was a farce? Many think Jesus himself did not exist. After Jesus' death, those who spoke of the resurrection of Jesus could fear execution. The religious leaders having been responsible for his death wanted speech about him gone Acts 5:27-29, but as the last verse shows, there were many witnesses willing to speak up recognizing they might be harmed, because that resurrection truly strengthened them.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected, or do you think it was a farce? Many think Jesus himself did not exist.

No resurection = no Christianity.

Only fools believe Jesus never existed, check out atheist historians like bart Erhman.

Reactions: Pearl

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No resurection = no Christianity.

Only fools believe Jesus never existed, check out atheist historians like bart Erhman.

Nice meeting you sir, I don't recall speaking to anyone from England before. I agree with you, what you said reminds me of Paul's words:
(1 Corinthians 15:13-19) . . .If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 14 But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and your faith is also in vain. 15 Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God, because we have given witness against God by saying that he raised up the Christ, whom he did not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up. 16 For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17 Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins. 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Robert Gwin, post: 1312873, member: 10159"]Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected, or do you think it was a farce? Many think Jesus himself did not exist. After Jesus' death, those who spoke of the resurrection of Jesus could fear execution. The religious leaders having been responsible for his death wanted speech about him gone Acts 5:27-29, but as the last verse shows, there were many witnesses willing to speak up recognizing they might be harmed, because that resurrection truly strengthened them.[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact from other threads in these forums, the writer of this thread is a JW and from the way he writes, he and his denomination does not believe that Jesus is God, Either Jesus was lying or He was telling the truth when He said in John 2:19-21 as we read:
19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20) Then said the Jews, forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21) But he spake of the temple of his body.
Verse 19 definitely declares JESUS IS GOD, for no mere man/mortal can utter those words spoken above unless HE IS GOD!

In another part of the Bible, Jesus in John 8:23:24 said:
23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.
Note that the word "he" is italicized meaning all italicized words in the KJV of the English Bible, is not in the original manuscript! IOW, Jesus is the "GREAT I AM" of the Old Testament!

Still at it, eh, Robert wanting to destroy God's people?.... Hosea 4:6.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt anyone allowed to post in the non-other Faith thread denies Jesus was resurrected.

There are many people who claim he didnt even exist Wangler, it would
[QUOTE="Robert Gwin, post: 1312873, member: 10159"]Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected, or do you think it was a farce? Many think Jesus himself did not exist. After Jesus' death, those who spoke of the resurrection of Jesus could fear execution. The religious leaders having been responsible for his death wanted speech about him gone Acts 5:27-29, but as the last verse shows, there were many witnesses willing to speak up recognizing they might be harmed, because that resurrection truly strengthened them.

I know for a fact from other threads in these forums, the writer of this thread is a JW and from the way he writes, he and his denomination does not believe that Jesus is God, Either Jesus was lying or He was telling the truth when He said in John 2:19-21 as we read:
19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20) Then said the Jews, forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Verse 19 definitely declares JESUS IS GOD, for no mere man/mortal can utter those words spoken above unless HE IS GOD!

23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.
Note that the word "he" is italicized meaning all italicized words in the KJV of the English Bible, is not in the original manuscript! IOW, Jesus is the "GREAT I AM" of the Old Testament!

To God Be The Glory[/QUOTE]

Of course I am one of Jehovah's witnesses Jun, just like Jesus, you act as if I have tried to hide that or something. Why would I want to destroy Jehovah's people? Some simply make no sense here sir. Might you honestly say now, who the God of Jesus is, and why you choose to disobey Jesus who instructed us all to worship and serve Him exclusively? Mat 4:10

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Robert Gwin, post: 1312873, member: 10159"]Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected, or do you think it was a farce? Many think Jesus himself did not exist. After Jesus' death, those who spoke of the resurrection of Jesus could fear execution. The religious leaders having been responsible for his death wanted speech about him gone Acts 5:27-29, but as the last verse shows, there were many witnesses willing to speak up recognizing they might be harmed, because that resurrection truly strengthened them.

To God Be The Glory[/QUOTE]

You made this statement sir: Note that the word "he" is italicized meaning all italicized words in the KJV of the English Bible, is not in the original manuscript! IOW, Jesus is the "GREAT I AM" of the Old Testament!

What is the "Great I Am" that you are speaking about?

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory

You made this statement sir: Note that the word "he" is italicized meaning all italicized words in the KJV of the English Bible, is not in the original manuscript! IOW, Jesus is the "GREAT I AM" of the Old Testament!

What is the "Great I Am" that you are speaking about?[/QUOTE]

Looks like JunChosen is trying to pick a fight.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory

What is the "Great I Am" that you are speaking about?[/QUOTE]

Here are 2 interesting translations of John 8:24:

“That is why I said that you will die in your sins. If you do not believe that I am the Christ, you will die in your sins.” (NLV)

“That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am the Messiah, the Son of God, you will die in your sins.” (NLB)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Looks like JunChosen is trying to pick a fight.[/QUOTE]

That is fine David, hopefully he will answer, as nothing drives a point home faster with an individual if they can personally see it for themselves.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here are 2 interesting translations of John 8:24:

“That is why I said that you will die in your sins. If you do not believe that I am the Christ, you will die in your sins.” (NLV)

“That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am the Messiah, the Son of God, you will die in your sins.” (NLB)[/QUOTE]

Do you know what the difference is Dave?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Jesus was resurrected, or do you think it was a farce? Many think Jesus himself did not exist. After Jesus' death, those who spoke of the resurrection of Jesus could fear execution. The religious leaders having been responsible for his death wanted speech about him gone Acts 5:27-29, but as the last verse shows, there were many witnesses willing to speak up recognizing they might be harmed, because that resurrection truly strengthened them.
I had forgotten how the religious leaders tried to ban the teachings of Jesus, after his death. I doubt you'll find many here who don't believe Jesus was resurrected, or that Jesus didn't exist.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had forgotten how the religious leaders tried to ban the teachings of Jesus, after his death. I doubt you'll find many here who don't believe Jesus was resurrected, or that Jesus didn't exist.

Since this is a Christian site Bob, I fully agree you are correct, but there is a controversy in the world about it, I know of at least 2 myself which I converse with on Craigslist who believe Jesus is a farce. I know you have heard of atheists, the meaning of the term is that they do not believe God exists, since Jesus is a historical figure, some of them very likely believe he existed and roamed the earth, but I doubt if many of them if any believe that he was God's son. When it comes right down to it, there would be a considerable number of people who believe he was a farce.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since this is a Christian site Bob, I fully agree you are correct, but there is a controversy in the world about it, I know of at least 2 myself which I converse with on Craigslist who believe Jesus is a farce. I know you have heard of atheists, the meaning of the term is that they do not believe God exists, since Jesus is a historical figure, some of them very likely believe he existed and roamed the earth, but I doubt if many of them if any believe that he was God's son. When it comes right down to it, there would be a considerable number of people who believe he was a farce.
I've been a bit overwhelmed lately by the lies that permeate the world. Satan leads the world astray. It's good to cling to what we've learned in the Bible.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a bit overwhelmed lately by the lies that permeate the world. Satan leads the world astray. It's good to cling to what we've learned in the Bible.

He is extremely good at what he does Bob. I am truly looking forward to Jehovah putting it in the Kings hearts to do away with babylon the great, what a glorious day that will be for Christians sir.

Reactions: Bob Estey