This will twist....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
….... some of y'all's undies in a knot, but I thought it was cool. (No, I know it isn't accurate to scripture with the snake, so save yourself some typing...….. many of the "hymns" we sing take a few liberties, too.)

Reactions: Uisdean and Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
….... some of y'all's undies in a knot, but I thought it was cool. (No, I know it isn't accurate to scripture with the snake, so save yourself some typing...….. many of the "hymns" we sing take a few liberties, too.)

Yes, we are aware of the liberties you take. Not surprising. In other words, don't trust anything you present. I got it.

Stranger

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, @Willie T and @Stranger, you are both WRONG! See Exodus chapter four. Moses does toss his staff to the ground, it turns into a snake, and then he picks it up and it becomes his staff again. So, do I get the bonus points? (If you want to get absolutely picky, then yes, God tells Moses to pick it up by the tail and when Moses does it becomes his staff again. In the video, he picks up the snake near the head. So, technically, Willie T may be right that "it isn't accurate to scripture with the snake" but it's really close. I had to look at the video a second time to see exactly how the video's Moses picks up the snake. This is a silly argument because it misses the point of the staff turning into a snake and then back to a staff. And that's what I see in this forum much of the time. Forum members argue about tiny things and miss the points God wants to make.)

As for the rest of the video, I think it's fabulous. Many Christian hymns use the tune of drinking songs. And, in the churches I have attended, the hymns get it right. The Elders and Bishops of most denominations check those things, I think.

Anyway, Thanks Wille T for the video. It's great.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The " liberty" of which I spoke is that in the Bible, Moses RAN from the snake. In the video, he sat there, staring face-to-face with it.

Reactions: Nancy

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The " liberty" of which I spoke is that in the Bible, Moses RAN from the snake. In the video, he sat there, staring face-to-face with it.

:)
Yeah, you're right!
I missed that tiny little discrepancy.
So you get the bonus points.;)

...Wow...if you had not said that there was a "liberty"...the carnage would have been insane. :D
There's not much Love & Charity here, is there?
I've already learned that "wadr" means about the same thing as "Bless your little heart".
Rejoice Always !!!

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, you're right!

...Wow...if you had not said that there was a "liberty"...the carnage would have been insane. :D
I've already learned that "wadr" means about the same thing as "Bless your little heart".
Rejoice Always !!!
That's OK. I missed the picking up by the "head" or "tail" part.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yeah, you're right!

Rejoice Always !!!
Oh gosh darn it.
I was kinda hopin' you and Willie would kinda go at it...
ya know, argue an' all.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow....
There's always hope.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's OK. I missed the picking up by the "head" or "tail" part.
Awww, see guys? We can have Kumbaya together! Haha...one sees one thing, the other does not... visa versa- :) love it.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, you're right!

Rejoice Always !!!
You and I seem to see the same thing on that last part. I get a bit weary in not being able to simply say something without first anticipating, and guarding for, at least six or eight different scenarios in which it will be torn apart as meaning something I never intended.

"People can hurt others without thinking." would very likely get immediately turned into, "I deliberately try to hurt everyone I can, and don't even feel a thing about it." Or, "I enjoy hurting people so much, I don't even have to think about it." And that is not even considering all the ultra defensive and esoterically personal reactions that are almost too numerous and varied to anticipate.

One of Murphy's Laws:
"If it CAN be misunderstood, it WILL be."

Last edited:

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah...But once again, the Train of Thought was derailed. Instead of discussing the implications of the video, whether they are promoting the Kingdom with what might be considered a parody, the focus is on how we react to each other. I fell for it. Points go to Stranger.

BTW, thanks for your kind words.

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah...But once again, the Train of Thought was derailed. Instead of discussing the implications of the video, whether they are promoting the Kingdom with what might be considered a parody, the focus is on how we react to each other. I fell for it. Points go to Stranger.

BTW, thanks for your kind words.
I guess because of the REBT Classes I have facilitated, I seldom expect the initial subject of any discussion to be the limited focus of further conversation. In fact, IRL, the first things mentioned or brought up are very seldom the important issues that subsequently wind up being drawn out.

So, as I said elsewhere, it seldom bothers me when rabbit trails are pursued. The odd divergent angles we bounce into and the deeper holes serendipitously discovered along the way of just "yacking", are where the more meaningful aspects of life are really lived anyway.

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess because of the REBT Classes I have facilitated, I seldom expect the initial subject of any discussion to be the limited focus of further conversation. In fact, IRL, the first things mentioned or brought up are very seldom the important issues that subsequently wind up being drawn out.

1. So, as I said elsewhere, it seldom bothers me when rabbit trails are pursued. The odd divergent angles we bounce into and the deeper holes serendipitously discovered along the way of just "yacking", are where the more meaningful aspects of life are really lived anyway.
:eek: !!! I hope the meaningful aspects of life are NOT found on the Internet :)
But then...I think that thought reveals my age.:eek::D
I will try to be patient with the rabbit trails; just watch out for white rabbits who are running late:)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek: !!! I hope the meaningful aspects of life are NOT found on the Internet :)
But then...I think that thought reveals my age.:eek::D
I will try to be patient with the rabbit trails; just watch out for white rabbits who are running late:)
No, the revelation of REAL issues often requires time (various facets involved here), reflections upon what peers say, observation of body language (a two-way street), tone of voice, others looking at you and evaluating many things about you...… and about 15 other factors. Not a lot of that enters into the rhetoric on the internet.