those who think that God shouldn't be feared, are fools

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who think that God shouldn't be feared, are fools. consider the God of Israel's treatment of Israelis during WWII, why would the Almighty allow such a thing, unless God saw that it was good in His own Judgement.

the relationship with His and those not His are not the same at all. and those that are His are bound to the facts of the bound between the Lord God and His. In the case of Israelis that don’t acknowledge Jesus as Messiah, Son of God, it’s the Torah without its fulfillment in Christ. In the case of Israelis that acknowledge Jesus as Son of the Living God it the fulfilled Torah in Christ therefore through Christ are they are seen, just as the grafted born-again gentile. and there is the rest who are not bound to Him at all, only in that the place in the earth they occupy belongs to God, and is God’s place in the earth.

the use of God's Word to justify one's own judgement is perilous and is without fear of God, but God's Justification is Righteous and everlasting life in fear of God.

so how is the execution of God's Judgement justified as God's Judgement and not men using God to justify their own judgement? the answer is one must know God's Judgement, and what it is.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who think that God shouldn't be feared, are fools. consider the God of Israel's treatment of Israelis during WWII, why would the Almighty allow such a thing, unless God saw that it was good in His own Judgement.

the relationship with His and those not His are not the same at all. and those that are His are bound to the facts of the bound between the Lord God and His. In the case of Israelis that don’t acknowledge Jesus as Messiah, Son of God, it’s the Torah without its fulfillment in Christ. In the case of Israelis that acknowledge Jesus as Son of the Living God it the fulfilled Torah in Christ therefore through Christ are they are seen, just as the grafted born-again gentile. and there is the rest who are not bound to Him at all, only in that the place in the earth they occupy belongs to God, and is God’s place in the earth.

the use of God's Word to justify one's own judgement is perilous and is without fear of God, but God's Justification is Righteous and everlasting life in fear of God.

so how is the execution of God's Judgement justified as God's Judgement and not men using God to justify their own judgement? the answer is one must know God's Judgement, and what it is.

What is God's Judgment?

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a right way and a wrong way to fear God; there is godly fear and ungodly fear.

2 Timothy 1:7, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a right way and a wrong way to fear God; there is godly fear and ungodly fear.

2 Timothy 1:7, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

but that has nothing to do with fear of God does it?

here it is in context:
2Ti 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Paul is talking about fear in respect to consequences in the world at the time for openly preaching the Gospel, isn't he Armadillo? he's not talking about fear of God at all is he Armadillo?

let us reiterate in what Jesus says:

Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

and in case you don't get that, He who has the power to keep you from hell, also has the power to cast you into hell. hence He who has the power to save your soul also has the power to not save your soul.

so anyone telling you God doesn't expect fear, is an idiot.

God doesn't change and expects His fear and respect (honor) from those who do call Him Father and those who call Him Lord or Master.

Mal 1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

and any flesh can fear and respect, any family dog will give that to its master and or pack. let alone what men are aware of what is expected of them in God's sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God doesn't want your fear of Him, He wants relationship with you. God in the Old Covenant was distant and feared and in the New Covenant if you want to know God, listen to Jesus.

Matthew 6:9, Our Father, who art in heaven..

God as Father was unheard of until Jesus said it.

Romans 8:15 Abba, Father...

God created man and woman and is the daddy (Abba) to them.

We are not under Law but under Grace and we have a better Covenant with better promises and if this is true, then that means God is sick and tired of His kids fearing Him.

P.S., Better to be an idiot than a mouse.

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot love one that you are afraid of neither can you have any respect for them, most people despise those they fear. I have no "fear" of God, He is my father and I have respect for Him because of it.

that what you say, but that's not what God says is it?

Mal 1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

what part of that don't you understand?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't want your fear of Him, He wants relationship with you. God in the Old Covenant was distant and feared and in the New Covenant if you want to know God, listen to Jesus.

Matthew 6:9, Our Father, who art in heaven..

God as Father was unheard of until Jesus said it.

Romans 8:15 Abba, Father...

God created man and woman and is the daddy (Abba) to them.

We are not under Law but under Grace and we have a better Covenant with better promises and if this is true, then that means God is sick and tired of His kids fearing Him.

P.S., Better to be an idiot than a mouse.

that's not what this says does it?

abba is Hebrew for for the English word father note the English word for abba in Mal 1:6

again note:

if then I be a father, where is mine honour?

and if He isn't your Master or better said Lord it stands to reason for your thinking you seek to justify, that you have nothing to fear from Him even though He said otherwise.

Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

its amazing how you and your friends deny scripture, for your own judgement of what God ought to be. what you are saying is the writers of scripture don't know what you know.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot love one that you are afraid of neither can you have any respect for them, most people despise those they fear. I have no "fear" of God, He is my father and I have respect for Him because of it.
An excellent response to the sadly distorted thinking of the OP.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, might seem that way, but imo it is quite revealing to let ppl interpret fear or respect/reverence for themselves.
Fear might be the best way to interpret the beginning, so rather than distorted, it might be perceived as a reliable marker for where a person is at spiritually, iow.

Imo it is fair to say that before one came to respect their parents, they feared them

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider the God of Israel's treatment of Israelis during WWII, why would the Almighty allow such a thing, unless God saw that it was good in His own Judgement.

Question DPMartin, flesh aside: what was accomplished for God's kingdom by the treatment of the Israelis during WWII?

In reference to the OP: reverence is a better word for fear. Fear is fearing someone that destroys without purpose. Like my step-father. I feared him. There was no reverence because what my step-father accomplished by bullying was self-glorification. That does not described the God whose peace surpasses all understanding. There is discipline for another's good. Then there is cruelty. God is not cruel. God came to serve; not to be served. That says a lot in how He is far different.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, might seem that way, but imo it is quite revealing to let ppl interpret fear or respect/reverence for themselves.
Fear might be the best way to interpret the beginning, so rather than distorted, it might be perceived as a reliable marker for where a person is at spiritually, iow.

Imo it is fair to say that before one came to respect their parents, they feared them
Did you REALLY mean to type that last sentence?!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
that what you say, but that's not what God says is it?

what part of that don't you understand?
Well be afraid be very afraid, one cannot love one of whom you are afraid, if that is what you think of God, than you have problems.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wow!
That's a little frightening.
so you have already indicated, but without really saying why or how? Put up against the ideal, sure, but who is an ideal parent? Little children learn to fear before they learn respect, at least generally speaking. Granted, this leaves a a scar that must be repaired later, but imo it is a rare parent who has not instilled fear in a child before that child learns what respect even means.

Who is not fam with "because i said so," and the warning implicit in that?
The whole point there is "you don't have to respect the decision; you better fear the consequences of not obeying it, tho."
arguably, anyway

now fwiw i agree with you, that is warped, i would never raise a kid like that, but then i would prolly get arrested for child abuse, too

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that's not what this says does it?

abba is Hebrew for for the English word father note the English word for abba in Mal 1:6

again note:

if then I be a father, where is mine honour?

and if He isn't your Master or better said Lord it stands to reason for your thinking you seek to justify, that you have nothing to fear from Him even though He said otherwise.

its amazing how you and your friends deny scripture, for your own judgement of what God ought to be. what you are saying is the writers of scripture don't know what you know.

Who wrote the scriptures?????

Abbá – "Father," also used as the term of tender endearment by a beloved child – i.e. in an affectionate, dependent relationship with their father; "daddy," "papa."

If you know you are His, why fear?

Luke 15:31, “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.

If you know you are His, where is the confidence in the knowledge that when you cry out to Him all will be OK? Ask yourself, "What kind of Father do I have?" and "What is my opinion of God?"

Jesus goes into the wilderness as a beloved Son and the Prince of the Earth tempts Him with skipping the Cross and getting it ALL.

Luke 4:7, If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

Luke 4:8, Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

Jesus answers him by misquoting the scriptures or did Jesus revise? As the Author, He revised.

Deuteronomy 10:20, Fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name.

Old Covenant, fear God, shake on Mount Sinai. New Covenant, fear turns into worship, joy unspeakable on Mount Zion. Which Covenant are you in and which mountain are you on?

I run from any teaching that tells me to fear God. Would you want your own children, if you had any, to be taught to fear you?

Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Revised, out of the OC into the NC. Ask yourself, "What did Jesus accomplish on the Cross?"

The worship of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
--------------------------------
Hebrews 12:22, But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

Hebrews 12:28, Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does the scripture say?

the scriptures over and over again shows by those who wrote the scripture therefore had a relationship with the Almighty, the Lord their God one should fear and respect the Lord their God, (maybe not your god) the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. hence the God of Israel in the name of Jesus Christ, now the god you worship may be different then the One the Israelis wrote about. in which case you wouldn't be Christian.