through ignorance you did it, as did also your rulers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16:19-20 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: [20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Acts 3:1-18 Now Peter (a stone, a boulder)and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. [2] And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, (lame from his mother’s belly, was carried)whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful(seasonable, timely), to ask (beg mercy, beg pity)alms of them that entered into the temple; [3] Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. [4] And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. [5] And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. [6] Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. [7] And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up(to waken, revive): and immediately his feet and ankle bones received (given)strength. [8] And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. [9] And all the people saw him walking and praising God: [10] And they knew that it was he which sat(used to sit, to be seated) for alms (to beg mercy, pity)at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him. [11] And as the lame man which was healed held(clung, to be strong) Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering. [12] And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness (piety)we had made this man to walk? [13] The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son (Child)Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. [14] But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; [15] And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. [16] And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness (heath, completeness) (2 Timothy 1:7) in the presence of you all. [17] And now, brethren, I know that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. [18] But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets(an interpreter, or forth-teller of the divine will), that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aye, you got the topic tile and the scriptures right, men are "ignorant". and some live in it. yes, that's one of the powers to overcome, or to make one and many whole, another witness proved out.

good topic VJ.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aye, you got the topic tile and the scriptures right, men are "ignorant". and some live in it. yes, that's one of the powers to overcome, or to make one and many whole, another witness proved out.

good topic VJ.

PICJAG.

always wondered if they had no silver nor gold then what did they have to give one begging mercy or pity? ... A sound mind.

‘yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness (heath, completeness)‘

Reactions: quietthinker

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
always wondered if they had no silver nor gold then what did they have to give one begging mercy or pity? ... A sound mind.

‘yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness (heath, completeness)‘
now you know that you have a tiger of a topic here on your hands, because it can go many ways. scriptual reference, 3 John 1:1 "The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth."
3 John 1:2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

that's two types healing right there. and this, 1 Thessalonians 5:23 "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

both health and wealth are important to christian, in both arenas, spiritual, and material, or physical worlds.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
Even so, ignorance was no excuse in that context, and it is no excuse today.

God held the nation of Israel accountable for the murder of Jesus of Nazareth, even though His crucifixion was a part of God's plan of salvation.

WICKED HANDS CRUCIFIED CHRIST
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: (Acts 2:23)

BETRAYERS AND MURDERERS CRUCIFIED CHRIST
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One [Christ]; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: (Acts 7:52)

JUDGMENT CAME UPON ISRAEL
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh... And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (Lk 21:20,24)

Today, with the Bible and the Gospel freely available on the Internet (and in every major language) no one can claim ignorance as an excuse.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, with the Bible and the Gospel freely available on the Internet (and in every major language) no one can claim ignorance as an excuse.
so what's your excuse?

PICJAG.

101G, The "Spiritual Saboteur".... :eek:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so what's your excuse?

PICJAG.

101G, The "Spiritual Saboteur".... :eek:

Probably the same as yours, but you like to think that it is not so.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably the same as yours, but you like to thing that it is not so.
well for one thing I never said I had an excuse... :eek: lol.

so do I hear also some resement in your post too? .......... (smile). "diversity in oneness" is rattling people left and right.
but if you think I have an excuse, that only shows your ingorance, which you cannot used as an excuse..... (smile)... :p

but I will leave you with this scripture, see if you can figure it out, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." :rolleyes:

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Many people in this nation who were mocked the bible as a false and denied Jesus as the messiah, and made religious issues as a political game to gain vote popularity. But look at these cctv footages below, Jesus hath made the bible words comes into life, and God had risen the dead as the sign to those unbeliever. God hath made these following verses are the sign of this nation.

Acts 26:8 (BBE)
Why, in your opinion, is it outside belief for God to make the dead come to life again ?

2 Corinthians 1:9 (BBE)
Yes, we ourselves have had the answer of death in ourselves, so that our hope might not be in ourselves, but in God who is able to give life to the dead:

Isaiah 29:13-14 (BBE)
13. And the Lord said, because this people come near to me with their mouths, and give honour to me with their lips, but their heart is far from me, and their fear of me is false, a rule given them by the teaching of men;
14. For this cause I will again do a strange thing among this people, a thing to be wondered at: and the wisdom of their wise men will come to nothing, and the sense of their guides will no longer be seen.

Isaiah 13:20-21 (BBE)
20. People will never be living in it again, and it will have no more men from generation to generation: the Arab will not put up his tent there; and those who keep sheep will not make it a resting-place for their flocks.
21. But the beasts of the waste land will have their holes there; and the houses will be full of crying jackals, and ostriches will have their place there, and evil spirits will be dancing there.

Self moving merchandise cart

Motorcycle without rider

Man had slept in cemetery lead by a living dead spirit.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well for one thing I never said I had an excuse... :eek: lol.

so do I hear also some resement in your post too? .......... (smile). "diversity in oneness" is rattling people left and right.
but if you think I have an excuse, that only shows your ingorance, which you cannot used as an excuse..... (smile)... :p

but I will leave you with this scripture, see if you can figure it out, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." :rolleyes:

PICJAG

Really, 101?, you now want to quote scripture that states that you are now a "new" creature with the inference that as such you are now in Christ.

As for your statement: - "well for one thing I never said I had an excuse," which is true in this thread as it is also true that you never said in this thread that you did not have an excuse as well.

You love to talk at people and tell them what you believe that you know, but from my perspective, I do not see the Spirit in the words that you write.

Now why would I be resentful of that fact?

We are all ignorant, none of us can claim otherwise, including you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now you know that you have a tiger of a topic here on your hands, because it can go many ways. scriptual reference, 3 John 1:1 "The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth."
3 John 1:2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

that's two types healing right there. and this, 1 Thessalonians 5:23 "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

both health and wealth are important to christian, in both arenas, spiritual, and material, or physical worlds.

PICJAG.

will try not to provoke a tiger then.

Isaiah 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, ignorance was no excuse in that context, and it is no excuse today.

God held the nation of Israel accountable for the murder of Jesus of Nazareth, even though His crucifixion was a part of God's plan of salvation.

WICKED HANDS CRUCIFIED CHRIST
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: (Acts 2:23)

BETRAYERS AND MURDERERS CRUCIFIED CHRIST
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One [Christ]; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: (Acts 7:52)

JUDGMENT CAME UPON ISRAEL
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh... And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (Lk 21:20,24)

Was only curious as it brought up what Paul said he had done to the body of Christ. And persecuted Jesus of Nazareth. ‘because I did it ignorantly in unbelief’ 1 Timothy 1:12-15 ...This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Hebrews 5:1-2 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: [2] Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

Hebrews 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

Luke 23:34-35 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. [35] And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Luke 23:34-35 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. [35] And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

Tecarta Bible
@VictoryinJesus What mercy and patience in these lines....

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus
here's one that is misunderstood. Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."
Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

"and with his stripes we are healed". Many have took this as meaning a phyical healing, no, it's a spiritual healing

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

"and with his stripes we are healed". Many have took this as meaning a phyical healing, no, it's a spiritual healing

You brought up: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

"and with his stripes we are healed"

“Many have took this as meaning a phyical healing, no, it's a spiritual healing” agree.
Hebrews 12:10-13 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. [11] Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. [12] Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; [13] And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You brought up: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

"and with his stripes we are healed"

“Many have took this as meaning a phyical healing, no, it's a spiritual healing” agree.
Hebrews 12:10-13 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. [11] Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. [12] Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; [13] And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
(smile), you better make a cross reference of those verses, for I have. good spiritual eyes VJ.

our conversation is in heaven, and though we walk or live in a fleshly body, our earthly walk is heavenly, holy. for we have re-newed our minds, and seek after the prize who is Christ Jesus. the worest sickness is in our minds, there is healing the most concering.

keep up the good work.

PICJAG.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now some of the carnal side of this topic, because of a spiritual lacking of the wisdom of God. Ephesians 4:18 "Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:"

by default all men are ignorance. but the question is, "what are you going to do about it?" this is why we have a bible, God's Holy Word, ...... READ IT. "where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant"

Reading God's word is one thing, but UNDERSTANDING his word is another. that's why one must have, got to have the Holy Spirit to lead us. he is the revelator. this is why we have so much division on any, not just this one, but all of the christian forums. because of OUR, let me say it again OUR, ignorance, by default. because we know nothing. supportive scripture, Romans 8:19 "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God."
Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,"

the problem many have not been "RESET", they are still in "default", not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope. so it's not your fault. but in due time, Jesus the Father who is gracious and faithful will rase you up. Galatians 3:23 "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed." (BINGO, this is revealed, not gain by you or me.)
Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."
Galatians 3:25 "But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."
Galatians 3:26 "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Galatians 4:1 "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;"
Galatians 4:2 "But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father." BINGO
Galatians 4:3 "Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:"
Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,"
Galatians 4:5 "To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons."
Galatians 4:6 "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."
Galatians 4:7 "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

as Christians, stop acting like worldy people and act like a "son" of God, if not under the school master. again, "where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant"

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now some of the carnal side of this topic, because of a spiritual lacking of the wisdom of God. Ephesians 4:18 "Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:"

by default all men are ignorance. but the question is, "what are you going to do about it?" this is why we have a bible, God's Holy Word, ...... READ IT. "where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant"

Reading God's word is one thing, but UNDERSTANDING his word is another. that's why one must have, got to have the Holy Spirit to lead us. he is the revelator. this is why we have so much division on any, not just this one, but all of the christian forums. because of OUR, let me say it again OUR, ignorance, by default. because we know nothing. supportive scripture, Romans 8:19 "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God."
Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,"

the problem many have not been "RESET", they are still in "default", not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope. so it's not your fault. but in due time, Jesus the Father who is gracious and faithful will rase you up. Galatians 3:23 "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed." (BINGO, this is revealed, not gain by you or me.)
Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."
Galatians 3:25 "But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."
Galatians 3:26 "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Galatians 4:1 "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;"
Galatians 4:2 "But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father." BINGO
Galatians 4:3 "Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:"
Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,"
Galatians 4:5 "To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons."
Galatians 4:6 "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."
Galatians 4:7 "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

as Christians, stop acting like worldy people and act like a "son" of God, if not under the school master. again, "where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant"

PICJAG.

just reading some passages this morning. was looking up what is ‘be not ignorant’ while Acts 4:11-13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled;

Psalm 73:17-28 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. [18] Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction. [19] How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors. [20] As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image. [21] Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins. [22] So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee. [23] Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. [24] Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. [25] Whom have I in heaven but thee ? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. [26] My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. [27] For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee. [28] But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

Romans 10:2-8 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. [3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. [4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] BUT the righteousness which is OF FAITH speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] BUT WHAT SAYS IT (the righteousness which is OF FAITH) :

The word is nigh thee, (Psalm 73:28) even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: THAT IS the word of faith, which we preach;

‘For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own ...’