Thy Kingdom come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus taught us to pray, he instructed us to pray for the Kingdom to come, so that God's will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. The Kingdom plays in heavily to the theme of the Bible, and is the primary reason Jesus came to earth, to preach the good news of that Kingdom.

For many this is a new thought, the Kingdom coming to earth, since most have been taught from infancy that you go to heaven when you die, leaving Jesus' words of the meek inheriting the earth somewhat puzzling.

What are some things you foresee about the coming of the Kingdom that you appreciate?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and ScottA

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus taught us to pray, he instructed us to pray for the Kingdom to come, so that God's will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. The Kingdom plays in heavily to the theme of the Bible, and is the primary reason Jesus came to earth, to preach the good news of that Kingdom.

For many this is a new thought, the Kingdom coming to earth, since most have been taught from infancy that you go to heaven when you die, leaving Jesus' words of the meek inheriting the earth somewhat puzzling.

What are some things you foresee about the coming of the Kingdom that you appreciate?
I believe the kingdom is what our lives turn into when we repent (Matthew 4:17).

Reactions: bbyrd009

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the kingdom is what our lives turn into when we repent (Matthew 4:17).

The Kingdom is actually what the definition of the word is Bob. It is a real government that is coming. It is ran very much like the United States is sir, it has a King (Jesus) and has advisors (the 144,000) and has citizens (all Christians). It will literally come and remove all the existing Kingdoms of the world when they stand in opposition to it. Dan 2:44; Rev 16:14-16

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom is actually what the definition of the word is Bob. It is a real government that is coming. It is ran very much like the United States is sir, it has a King (Jesus) and has advisors (the 144,000) and has citizens (all Christians). It will literally come and remove all the existing Kingdoms of the world when they stand in opposition to it. Dan 2:44; Rev 16:14-16
Matthew 4:17 says the kingdom is at hand. Can you elaborate on that?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 4:17 says the kingdom is at hand. Can you elaborate on that?

Certainly, you will likely agree that Jesus is the King of the Kingdom of God, his physical presence here on earth was a representation of that. One time when Jesus was being hassled by the leaders of the faith, he told them the Kingdom was right there among them, referring to himself being present.

When the Kingdom comes, Jesus will sit on the throne for a millennium, and the Kingdoms of the earth will be removed when it comes according to Dan 2:44. The Kings of the earth are right now gathering under the 8th king of Biblical prophecy, known as the United Nations. Soon God will put it into their hearts to attack babylon the great, which stands for the world empire of false religion. Rev 16:14-16; 17 gives the demise of babylon the great.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, you will likely agree that Jesus is the King of the Kingdom of God, his physical presence here on earth was a representation of that. One time when Jesus was being hassled by the leaders of the faith, he told them the Kingdom was right there among them, referring to himself being present.

When the Kingdom comes, Jesus will sit on the throne for a millennium, and the Kingdoms of the earth will be removed when it comes according to Dan 2:44. The Kings of the earth are right now gathering under the 8th king of Biblical prophecy, known as the United Nations. Soon God will put it into their hearts to attack babylon the great, which stands for the world empire of false religion. Rev 16:14-16; 17 gives the demise of babylon the great.
But the kingdom has already come. "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." Jesus is in us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, Jesus resides in heaven. May I ask how you came to that conclusion Bob?
But where is heaven for us if not within us?

Consider Jesus words here:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13

Was not Jesus in heaven even after he came down from heaven?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you defining "head" as "that which sits on our shoulders" or "boss"?
Consider this:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23

But foolish men [what carnal man is not foolish?] do take hold of their own reins and move on as if they knew the way that they should go...

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ..." I Cor 11:3

Consider that John the Baptist lost his own physical head. What was it he said here and what did he mean?

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

By our own head alone, we cannot increase in God. This is why He sent His Son and the Holy Spirit, is it not?

Men have free will which allows them to not choose Christ as their Head or...? How foolish men are...!

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matt 6:24

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where is heaven for us if not within us?

Consider Jesus words here:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13

Was not Jesus in heaven even after he came down from heaven?

Heaven is a place Amad. It is the realm of the spirit world, in this aspect. When Jesus came down to earth, he was no longer residing in heaven, but did return to heaven a short time after his resurrection. This is a good verse to compare versions with, as well as Greek to English Lexicons or concordances.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, Jesus resides in heaven. May I ask how you came to that conclusion Bob?
The Kingdom has already come, Rob. What is it that you think is being handed over to the Father upon Christ's physical return in 1 Corinthians 15:24?

Every verse of Matthew 6:9-13 is in the present tense. "Thy Kingdom come" is an old english way of saying Thy Kingdom has come.

How about the last verse there? (Please don't bore us with all the nonsense about this verse not being legit.)

"For thine IS the kingdom and the power and the glory forever."
Matthew 6:13

There is ample evidence in Scripture that the kingdom has already come, Jesus is king of it and, for the record, Jesus resides here all over the entire earth among His faithful followers via the Holy Spirit.

He has come here to live within us and make His HOME with us, Rob.
John 14:21-23

We are His temple, Rob. Here upon the earth, Rob.

Pre-Mil is a joke.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Holy Spirit. I talk with him all the time ("Pray constantly." 1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Not really Bob, Jesus said who he was. Did you know that Jesus' use of the holy spirit, which actually comes from God, was limited? Surprised me when I first read it, Jesus didn't really receive the holy spirit until his return to heaven Acts 2:33. Do you find that as interesting as I did when I first read that? Some scriptures really make an impact when you first see them. Another one that I found extraordinary was Rev 20:13 most do not know that everyone gets out of hell.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is a place Amad. It is the realm of the spirit world, in this aspect. When Jesus came down to earth, he was no longer residing in heaven, but did return to heaven a short time after his resurrection. This is a good verse to compare versions with, as well as Greek to English Lexicons or concordances.
I see not less than 3 heavens. Jesus alone among men had clearly been in all three. Consider what I wrote an earlier thread on this forum on this subject...

Where is hell? Where is heaven?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP is Biblically correct, the kingdom which our Lord Jesus preached is about His future Kingdom of the world to come. In John 18:36, Jesus specifically said that His kingdom is NOT of this world, meaning this present world, otherwise His servants would fight, meaning His servants would surely win.

So who is behind the 'kingdom now' ideas being preached in some pulpits today?

The doctrine of "Kingdom Now" is actually an idea strongly preached in the Charismatic Churches. They rely on signs and miracles to try and prove the Kingdom has already come, using Scripture like Matthew 12:28 when Jesus cast out devils, and verses like Luke 10:11, and Luke 17:20-21. It is true that His Kingdom is here with us, in The Spirit. But there are many, many more Bible Scriptures that declare His future literal Kingdom here on earth that is still yet to come, like that John 18:36 example.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really Bob, Jesus said who he was. Did you know that Jesus' use of the holy spirit, which actually comes from God, was limited? Surprised me when I first read it, Jesus didn't really receive the holy spirit until his return to heaven Acts 2:33. Do you find that as interesting as I did when I first read that? Some scriptures really make an impact when you first see them. Another one that I found extraordinary was Rev 20:13 most do not know that everyone gets out of hell.
I talk to God. That is what Paul told us to do - constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, the King of God’s Kingdom, will destroy wicked people and governments at the war of Armageddon. (Revelation 16:14, 16) At that time, the following Bible promise will be completely fulfilled: “Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more.” (Psalm 37:10) Through the Kingdom, Jesus will make sure that peace and justice fill the earth.(Isaiah 11:4)

Under the rule of God’s Kingdom, “the righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.” (Psalm 37:29) Imagine living in a world where everyone is righteous and all love YHWH God and each other! No one will get sick, and everyone will live forever.

After the wicked are destroyed, Jesus will rule as King for 1,000 years. During that time, he and his 144,000 corulers will help humans on earth to become perfect and sinless. By the end of that period, the earth will be turned into a beautiful paradise, filled with happy people who benefit from obeying YHWH God laws. Jesus will then hand the rulership back to his Father, YHWH God. As never before, YHWH God “name will be sanctified.” (Matthew 6:9, 10) It will have been proved that YHWH God is a good Ruler who cares about his subjects. YHWH God will then destroy Satan, the demons, and any others who choose to rebel against His rulership. (Revelation 20:7-10) The perfect conditions brought about by God’s Kingdom will last forever.