Time Management

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is my second week working full-time at a Christian preschool. I feel like I'm full time missionary and super excited and feeling blessed about it. But... I haven't worked full time in several years and went up from 12 hours to 40 with two kids. It is why my time is so limited on here now.

Bur prayers for me and my family please:

1. Energy!!!! LOL

2) good steward of time- it really is better not having idle time. My thought life has been hard to control. But now I have to juggle kids, housework, work, and husband, and outreaches/choir. Life got busy fast... I love it, but a little overwhelming starting out.

3) discipline for sure and that the kids will also adjust well.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is my second week working full-time at a Christian preschool. I feel like I'm full time missionary and super excited and feeling blessed about it. But... I haven't worked full time in several years and went up from 12 hours to 40 with two kids. It is why my time is so limited on here now.

1. Energy!!!! LOL

2) good steward of time- it really is better not having idle time. My thought life has been hard to control. But now I have to juggle kids, housework, work, and husband, and outreaches/choir. Life got busy fast... I love it, but a little overwhelming starting out.

You are loved dear sister . We will be praying for you . Let the glorious LORD be praised . You might be tired ,
but not too tired to Raise those hands and just praise the King .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

1. Energy!!!! LOL

@Mayflower Hoping you can adjust. (Less time on the computer...? dragging oneself away? I know the feeling...)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Energy!!!! LOL

From zero to a hundred, in the blink of an eye! Lol. Praying for all you have asked and, one thing at a time sister, you have a good and sound mind :)
Praise God for being beside us no matter what!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower Hoping you can adjust. (Less time on the computer...? dragging oneself away? I know the feeling...)

Yehhhh. Off on weekends! But my balance will be mornings and evenings. I can't just be on my phone a lot now. My hubby works thirds and my kids are both really young, so I had the time. But now y'all might only see me on for the dbv/encouraging scriptures/praise and worship. Praise God!!!!! It really is my favorite parts anyway with y'all. I have a church offline where I learn my Bible well in. I just want to shine light. And y'all shine light in my life with these threads.

But I hop on during the kids' nap time and lunch when I can.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And despite all this time, I also ask prayer for this other forum I'm kinda locked out in. Been five days. My favorite forum... I think it is technical because I asked to see the lady's subforum, but I haven't got a response back... Hopefully I didn't break any rules... But pray God's will be done with it and I won't worry. Too busy to do that.

There is a prayer outreach I'm involved in tomorrow also with my church. And my Birthday is Sunday!!!! So it is going to be a super busy weekend too!

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And despite all this time, I also ask prayer for this other forum I'm kinda locked out in. Been five days. My favorite forum... I think it is technical because I asked to see the lady's subforum, but I haven't got a response back... Hopefully I didn't break any rules... But pray God's will be done with it and I won't worry. Too busy to do that.

There is a prayer outreach I'm involved in tomorrow also with my church. And my Birthday is Sunday!!!! So it is going to be a super busy weekend too!
@Mayflower You ladies are also a bit at an advantage to us men, so often, because you tend to be really good at multi-tasking. A former pilot friend of mine told me that women tend to make good pilots, because with the complex array of instruments women pilots and co-pilots tend to work well at multi-tasking crew resource management. (So don't be surprised if, especially relying on prayer, you end up impressing some men that know you at how much you manage to achieve within the constraints of your timescales.)

PS: Have a great b-day with your dh and family...:)

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Energy!!!! LOL

Praying for you and yours now!

Reactions: Mayflower

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Energy!!!! LOL

Martha and Mary...
yes but more than both seperately..
combined.
The busyness of Martha and Mary waiting on the Lord.

YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

Don't forget the closet. Don't forget that you need time for you too.
If it should become more work than joy... slow down.
You Are Loved
Hugs
:D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Martha and Mary...
combined.

YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

You Are Loved
Hugs

@Ziggy Yes, Mary and Martha of Bethany provide an apt lesson, indeed...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Martha and Mary...
combined.

YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

You Are Loved
Hugs

And I have an amazing boss who would do that too. But I think this is super good. I rest more when I'm busy if that makes sense. My thoughts can be like fire honestly. Getting out of myself helps that.

Reactions: Ziggy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower Good never to be too tired to pray, right? :) Though last week my wife and I were praying and I indeed was so tired I didn't know whether I was praying or not...

Lol. Why I didn't do a proverbs last night. I didn't think I'd get anything out of it. The scripture images are awesome for night time. I was OUT last night.

And with that four hour prayer outreach today, pray that we reach a lot of people for Christ!!!! It is hard to think just a few weeks or so ago, I felt like I was spiraling mentally, and then my boss asked me if I could work more now. It was a Godsend. But Ziggy is right in that I want to be careful and listen to my instincts if I start getting overwhelmed. But I think it is more adjusting to these positive changes. Starting with covid lockdown, it just got super hard mental wise. Too much time with my thoughts. But God taught me through these forums how to more keep my eyes focused on Him and how to be a positive encouragement to others (hopefully, I know some areas I've not been the best in). Just worthwhile lessons from on here. God is such an amazing teacher.

Reactions: Ziggy