Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
All of time periods given are from the middle of the 70th week setting up of the Abomination of Desolation. In the last seven years before Jesus Returns, which will commence with the agreement of a 7 year peace treaty between the leader of the One World Government and the leaders of the nation in the holy Land. The first half will be peaceful, so is not mentioned. But when half is spent; Daniel 9:27, the OWG leader will break it and conquer them, at which time the Great Tribulation also begins.

Are Daniels’ days of 1260, 1290, and 1335 linked to the fulfilment of the last three Feasts of the Lord?

Christ fulfilled the four spring feasts at His first Advent.
They are Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits and Pentecost. Scholars have noted that they were fulfilled precisely and on the day appointed.

It is accepted by many Bible students, with a fair level of confidence: that Christ will fulfill the Fall Feasts at His second coming…….precisely and on the day appointed.

They are the: Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles.

1260 days……Starting at the midpoint, the Antichrist is given authority for 3 ½ years….42 months…time, times and half a time. These are all equivalents of 1260 days.

The Antichrists reign ends when Jesus Returns to the earth, which occurs at the end of the 70th week. Satan, the ‘beast’, the Anti-Christ is chained up then.

It is likely that the Return may occur on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement: Jewish calendar: Tishri 10

From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days. ……Daniel 12:11

30 days after Jesus Returns; the Jewish calendar date for 30 days after Tishri 10 is Cheshvan 10. This is the day that Noah and his family entered the ark then 7 days later, the Flood came. Genesis 7:10

This 30 days may be the celebration of the marriage supper of the Lamb. Revelation 19:5-9 It includes the Feast of Tabernacles; Tishri 15 to the 22nd.

How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days! Daniel 12:12
Hanukkah is the feast that celebrates the rededication of the Temple, on Kislev 25

It was desecrated by the first Abomination of Desolation set up by Antiochus 4th Epiphanes in the second century BC. It is exactly 75 days after Tishri 10.

The 1335th day may be another rededication of the Temple, again on Hanukkah, the celebration of lighting the candles.

The remaining Feast, Yom Teruah on Tishri 1; is the Feast of Trumpets.
This may be the forthcoming Day of the Lord’s wrath, the Sixth Seal event.

This fits with prophecy, as many scriptures say the Trumpet will be blown on that Day. Joel 2:1-2, Ezekiel 7:14, Zechariah 9:14, Isaiah 18:3, Isaiah 29:6, Jeremiah 29:30-31, Hosea 5:8-9
Yom Teruah is also the Day that cannot be certainly dated, as it is declared when the first sliver of the new moon is sighted in Jerusalem. You cannot know the Day..... This sudden and unexpected Day will commence all the end time events.

Last edited:
Reactions: pompadour

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
An afterthought to the OP, is the Feast of Tabernacles, the seven days of Tishri 25-22, is more likely to be fulfilled after the Millennium, when God Himself comes to dwell with mankind. Revelation 21:1-7
The word translated into Tabernacles, is actually Hebrew for 'God with us', or 'God covers us'.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles were fulfilled by Christ already.

1,260 days are 3 1/2 years, two of which our the full seven year trib.
1290 is mid trib to the removal of AOD from the temple
1335 is mid trib to the finishing of the temple been cleansed and rededicated

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ugh!

More "days and months and seasons and years." Galatians 4:10 :(

Reactions: Pisteuo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are here on the eschatological forum. Why denigrate discussions of the Prophesies?
I quoted Paul who spoke on topic.

Just who are you saying is denigrating your discussion and should leave you to it?

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I quoted Paul who spoke on topic.

Just who are you saying is denigrating your discussion and should leave you to it?
Your comment in #4.
I know you are capable of proper discussion, so why dismiss the OP, with such rudeness?
Address the fact of there being 75 days between the Day of Atonement and the ordained Feast of Hanukkah. 1 Maccabees 4:52-59
Exactly the number of days between 1260 and 1335.

Paul was talking about pagan feasts in Galatians 4:6-10

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your comment in #4.
I know you are capable of proper discussion, so why dismiss the OP, with such rudeness?
Address the fact of there being 75 days between the Day of Atonement and the ordained Feast of Hanukkah. 1 Maccabees 4:52-59
Exactly the number of days between 1260 and 1335.

Paul was talking about pagan feasts in Galatians 4:6-10
I very concisely told you the answer already...that is, because Paul told us that he was fearful for those who were keeping days and weeks and months, etc.. Which I would elaborate to say, is because those things were for signs leading up to those things which are now "finished." And to keep them now is to have missed their coming, or to think they are still in effect during these times of the gentiles.

Your question is a riddle. Do you know the meaning?

But, so you will know that I do know the meaning, I will tell you. It is "a time, times, and half a time."

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I very concisely told you the answer already...that is, because Paul told us that he was fearful for those who were keeping days and weeks and months, etc.. Which I would elaborate to say, is because those things were for signs leading up to those things which are now "finished." And to keep them now is to have missed their coming, or to think they are still in effect during these times of the gentiles.

Your question is a riddle. Do you know the meaning?

But, so you will know that I do know the meaning, I will tell you. It is "a time, times, and half a time."
Daniel 12:7-9 ….it shall be for a time, times and half a time......Go your way, for these things are to be kept secret till the time of the end.
Not 'finished' at all. Maybe historical facts would help your case, but I know history quite well and there is no 3 1/2 year period that is anything like a fulfillment of what is prophesied to happen in the last 3 1/2 years before Jesus Returns.
Not to mention that Jesus hasn't Returned yet.

Doesn't the fact of there being 75 days between the Day of Atonement and the ordained Feast of Hanukkah, have any significance for you, or anyone else reading this?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 12:7-9 ….it shall be for a time, times and half a time......Go your way, for these things are to be kept secret till the time of the end.
Not 'finished' at all. Maybe historical facts would help your case, but I know history quite well and there is no 3 1/2 year period that is anything like a fulfillment of what is prophesied to happen in the last 3 1/2 years before Jesus Returns.
Not to mention that Jesus hasn't Returned yet.

Doesn't the fact of there being 75 days between the Day of Atonement and the ordained Feast of Hanukkah, have any significance for you, or anyone else reading this?
The 75 days is what I was telling you... it is a riddle, and I gave you the meaning: "A time, times, and half a time."

But being secret until the time of the end does not mean that they are not finished, it just means that the fact that they are finished is kept a secret. The case for the skeptic is always convincing, yet everything you can list has its fulfillment. What things are not convincing to you?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The 75 days is what I was telling you... it is a riddle, and I gave you the meaning: "A time, times, and half a time."

But being secret until the time of the end does not mean that they are not finished, it just means that the fact that they are finished is kept a secret. The case for the skeptic is always convincing, yet everything you can list has its fulfillment. What things are not convincing to you?
Sorry; too dense and convoluted for me.
Exactly what has been fulfilled. When?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry; too dense and convoluted for me.
Exactly what has been fulfilled. When?
In truth, everything has been fulfilled. Whether one says it is finished at the cross, or before the foundation of the world, it is finished. But you are struggling with now...so, you see, we are better to consider what things you are not convinced of, because I am not just saying so, but confirming what is written. It is just that you have not yet reconciled it all. Pick one thing you consider to be on topic.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In truth, everything has been fulfilled. Whether one says it is finished at the cross, or before the foundation of the world, it is finished. But you are struggling with now...so, you see, we are better to consider what things you are not convinced of, because I am not just saying so, but confirming what is written. It is just that you have not yet reconciled it all. Pick one thing you consider to be on topic.
How are you qualified to teach me? I am open to learning truths, but your approach to the Prophetic Word gives me no confidence that you have anything worthwhile to offer.

FYI, I have gained a good understanding of what the Lord has planned for the world and His people in these end times. Thru many years of intensive study, but most of all by the inspiration of the holy Spirit.

But this thread is about the time periods given in Revelation and Daniel. Any pearls of wisdom on this subject?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you qualified to teach me? I am open to learning truths, but your approach to the Prophetic Word gives me no confidence that you have anything worthwhile to offer.

FYI, I have gained a good understanding of what the Lord has planned for the world and His people in these end times. Thru many years of intensive study, but most of all by the inspiration of the holy Spirit.

But this thread is about the time periods given in Revelation and Daniel. Any pearls of wisdom on this subject?
There is no point of me going on about Revelation and Daniel if you will not receive it. So, I will start with your first question.

Is it not a fact of scripture that God does not reveal His truth to men by much study, but rather by every word that was first given to individuals before written? Which leads to the issue of God giving those gifts even today. What do the scriptures say - has He made some prophets or not?

But men still suffer from His confounding of all language, even the scriptures. Therefore, they trust many unholy spirits as being Holy, and call every attempt at walking in the spirit a work of the Holy Spirit - and it is. But all is not as it would seem. The Lord God has poured out His spirit upon all flesh, but all flesh is not Holy. Some falls on rocky ground, etc.. And if this leaves you not knowing what could possibly be trusted then - it should. But just as Jesus came speaking the truth and quoting scripture and some believed and some not but rejected Him, I do not expect all to believe what I am saying now by the same Spirit. Nonetheless, that is how He operates. And this He does that just as Israel has been held in a type of blindness until the fullness of the gentiles is come in, so have these many generation been held in a similar blindness until the end. But what then? After being held in blindness, will He not do as He promised, saying "Before they spring forth I tell you of them?” For which Christ said, "Watch therefore."

But if you do not make room for all He has promised - you will miss out on much.

As for the Revelation and Daniel, I would love to jump in more when I have read your comments.

As for the 75 days, this is a riddle, meaning "a time, times, and half a time", spoken of by Daniel. Which things were "finished", as it is written "concerning your people." Meaning the house of Israel, and pertaining to the first coming of Christ and "the dead in Christ", for which He first came.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of time periods given are from the middle of the 70th week setting up of the Abomination of Desolation. In the last seven years before Jesus Returns, which will commence with the agreement of a 7 year peace treaty between the leader of the One World Government and the leaders of the nation in the holy Land. The first half will be peaceful, so is not mentioned. But when half is spent; Daniel 9:27, the OWG leader will break it and conquer them, at which time the Great Tribulation also begins.

Are Daniels’ days of 1260, 1290, and 1335 linked to the fulfilment of the last three Feasts of the Lord?

Christ fulfilled the four spring feasts at His first Advent.
They are Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits and Pentecost. Scholars have noted that they were fulfilled precisely and on the day appointed.

It is accepted by many Bible students, with a fair level of confidence: that Christ will fulfill the Fall Feasts at His second coming…….precisely and on the day appointed.

They are the: Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles.

1260 days……Starting at the midpoint, the Antichrist is given authority for 3 ½ years….42 months…time, times and half a time. These are all equivalents of 1260 days.

The Antichrists reign ends when Jesus Returns to the earth, which occurs at the end of the 70th week. Satan, the ‘beast’, the Anti-Christ is chained up then.

It is likely that the Return may occur on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement: Jewish calendar: Tishri 10

From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days. ……Daniel 12:11

30 days after Jesus Returns; the Jewish calendar date for 30 days after Tishri 10 is Cheshvan 10. This is the day that Noah and his family entered the ark then 7 days later, the Flood came. Genesis 7:10

This 30 days may be the celebration of the marriage supper of the Lamb. Revelation 19:5-9 It includes the Feast of Tabernacles; Tishri 15 to the 22nd.

How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days! Daniel 12:12
Hanukkah is the feast that celebrates the rededication of the Temple, on Kislev 25

It was desecrated by the first Abomination of Desolation set up by Antiochus 4th Epiphanes in the second century BC. It is exactly 75 days after Tishri 10.

The 1335th day may be another rededication of the Temple, again on Hanukkah, the celebration of lighting the candles.

The remaining Feast, Yom Teruah on Tishri 1; is the Feast of Trumpets.
This may be the forthcoming Day of the Lord’s wrath, the Sixth Seal event.

This fits with prophecy, as many scriptures say the Trumpet will be blown on that Day. Joel 2:1-2, Ezekiel 7:14, Zechariah 9:14, Isaiah 18:3, Isaiah 29:6, Jeremiah 29:30-31, Hosea 5:8-9
Yom Teruah is also the Day that cannot be certainly dated, as it is declared when the first sliver of the new moon is sighted in Jerusalem. You cannot know the Day..... This sudden and unexpected Day will commence all the end time events.

I believe the first four feasts were fulfilled by Christ at His first coming. They end with the Feast of Pentecost which sees Israel as a nation set aside, and the Church being formed by the Holy Spirit.

The last three feasts will occur after the Church is removed at the Rapture. The Feast of Trumpets speaks to Israel's awakening once again. The Day of Atonement speaks to Israel's cleansing and restoration. And the Feast of Tabernacles speaks to Israel back in the land with her Messiah ruling over the nations.

Stranger

B

brakelite

The last three feasts will occur after the Church is removed at the Rapture. The Feast of Trumpets speaks to Israel's awakening once again. The Day of Atonement speaks to Israel's cleansing and restoration. And the Feast of Tabernacles speaks to Israel back in the land with her Messiah ruling over the nations.
Hi Stranger, long time no see. I agree with the principle behind the above, but would give it a slight twist because of my different hermeneutic regarding prophecy. I see the feasts as being accomplished in the present age, except for tabernacles. Replace Israel with church, and I could completely harmonise.
I believe the feast of trumpets was accomplished in the mid to late 19th century with the great awakening of the church worldwide and the opening of prophecy according to the promise of Daniel (knowledge shall increase) awakening the church to the second coming...followed shortly thereafter with the day of atonement (which in antitype is still a work in progress) in cleansing the temple (the church) of sin in preparation for Christ (our High Priest) leaving the heavenly sanctuary to return to His people.
See the work of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary is the continuation of those early spring feats...feasts that applied to the church as well as Israel...we cannot apply the first 3 feasts to the church, and the last 4 to Israel. That is inconsistent.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger, long time no see. I agree with the principle behind the above, but would give it a slight twist because of my different hermeneutic regarding prophecy. I see the feasts as being accomplished in the present age, except for tabernacles. Replace Israel with church, and I could completely harmonise.
I believe the feast of trumpets was accomplished in the mid to late 19th century with the great awakening of the church worldwide and the opening of prophecy according to the promise of Daniel (knowledge shall increase) awakening the church to the second coming...followed shortly thereafter with the day of atonement (which in antitype is still a work in progress) in cleansing the temple (the church) of sin in preparation for Christ (our High Priest) leaving the heavenly sanctuary to return to His people.
See the work of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary is the continuation of those early spring feats...feasts that applied to the church as well as Israel...we cannot apply the first 3 feasts to the church, and the last 4 to Israel. That is inconsistent.

I was on a brief hiatus. Good to talk to you.

You are correct to say it is inconsistent to apply the first 4 feasts to the Church and the last three to Israel. And I didn't do that. They do end however with Pentecost and the Church now being formed and Israel is set aside. The first 4 are to Israel. With Pentecost you see the nation Israel set aside but the remnant carries on in the Church. The remnant being the believing Jews only.

Once the Church is taken out, and that remnant goes with her because they are part of the Church, God once again picks up with Israel and accomplishes that which the last 3 feasts depict.

In other words all the feasts pertain to Israel.

Would it not be just as inconsistent to say the first 4 belong to Israel, and the last 3 belong to the Church?

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once the Church is taken out, and that remnant goes with her because they are part of the Church, God once again picks up with Israel and accomplishes that which the last 3 feasts depict.
That explanation does not account for what Christ revealed as "the first who are last, and the last who are first", or the two folds, one being "finished", nor those whom Paul referred to as "the dead in Christ" and "the living in Christ", and the one proceeding the other.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I believe the first four feasts were fulfilled by Christ at His first coming. They end with the Feast of Pentecost which sees Israel as a nation set aside, and the Church being formed by the Holy Spirit.

Stranger
You say Israel; the Jews are set aside. True, as Jesus said in Matthew 21:43.....the Kingdom is taken from them.....

Therefore it is the Church, the entity that bears the proper fruit, who holds the Kingdom now. For the present it is in our hearts.
There is no 'rapture to heaven' of the Church. And there is no cleansing and restoration of Jewish Israel. Only a remnant of them will survive their forthcoming Judgement. Romans 9:27
Israel is all the people who are the Overcomers for God, as we see in each of the 7 Churchs of Revelation. Every faithful Christian, Jew and from every race, nation and language, who will occupy all of the holy Land, during the time leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus. THEY -WE, will shout: Blessed is He who comes in the Name of God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That explanation does not account for what Christ revealed as "the first who are last, and the last who are first", or the two folds, one being "finished", nor those whom Paul referred to as "the dead in Christ" and "the living in Christ", and the one proceeding the other.

Why?

Stranger