Tithes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kooks

Mar 22, 2008
(crooner;43708)
KookHe gave you life on this planet before you ever gave him a dime.He always blesses us first, before we want to give. We are sinful people that need a God who loves us enough to come to us first. He then gives us a choice to accept Him. We do nothing good enough for Him, only a gesture of thanks, and sometimes we fell the blessing. We are worthless sinners, maggots, scum, But become rightous because of his deeds. I would suggest you might do the same before your day is up my friend.
I am sorry but I find the tone of your comments (highlighted for you) slightly offensive. I have accepted God and the salvation that He offers through His Son, I will not attempt to prove this to you as I do not need to, and through my desire to do right by God I wondered if I needed to make a financial donation to His church. Please accept my thanks for the efforts you made to explain the the references to tithing are part of the Jewish customs of the time, but I feel that the tone of your later posts bordered on patronising and condesending.As it stands, the questions in my mind as to whether I should tithe financially have been resolved. Thank you for all your contributions and help.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
(Kooks;43733)
I am sorry but I find the tone of your comments (highlighted for you) slightly offensive. I have accepted God and the salvation that He offers through His Son, I will not attempt to prove this to you as I do not need to, and through my desire to do right by God I wondered if I needed to make a financial donation to His church. Please accept my thanks for the efforts you made to explain the the references to tithing are part of the Jewish customs of the time, but I feel that the tone of your later posts bordered on patronising and condesending.As it stands, the questions in my mind as to whether I should tithe financially have been resolved. Thank you for all your contributions and help.
KooksSorry I offended you, my frustration was directed at another using salvation and tithing together. I didnt realize you are a new christian. Debates do get heated up here sometimes. We all do have a passion for understanding the bible truth. It gets upsetting when you see people using scripture to promote legalism. If you go back and read all threads you will see what I mean.You are a true brother in the Lord and i am sorry I offended you.Crooner.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
(forgivenWretch;43819)
Well Duh....This is the New Christians Forum!
Your one of the reasons I am writing about. Taking scripture out of context especially in a newby forem

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(crooner;43822)
Your one of the reasons I am writing about. Taking scripture out of context especially in a newby forem
did not deserve response, esp. one given...sorry my bad! I stooped, and that was wrong.