To follow God fully...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:7 (NKJV)
Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

This is our natural mind, that which we received by our births into this world. This is the mind that can not be subject to the laws of God. For anyone who has been a Christian for a season, has experienced this mind at battle with them in prayer. We would pray, but our minds bring this or that thought to the forefront. Many thoughts are so bad we would choose not to think them, if we could just figure out how to make them stop..... This is the carnal mind, this is that, that we are to reckon ourselves dead to....This mind that can not be, and will not be subject to the laws of God.

As this truth of reckoning ourselves dead to these thoughts is learned by experience. This mind becomes less and less the controlling power of life in the believer. Though it is true this mind, to some degree, will always remain with the believer as long as they are in the body... The renewing of the mind takes place as the believer learns to reckon themselves dead to this mind. As this reckoning is learned, this mind loses it’s control, over the mind, heart and life of the believer..

This will be, and is the constant battle in the believer.. Which one will the believer choose to obey. The carnal mind or the new law of life that was born in each believer at the moment of salvation... The believer needs to know that this new law of life is in them, and this law of life is access by the faith of the heart turned towards it. For only to the degree that the heart chooses to yield to this new law of life in them, to this degree will they experience this walking in newness of life. Which the scriptures speaks of, which is our inheritance in Christ.

It is a yielding to this new life, that is the reckoning ourselves dead in other verses.. Both scriptures are putting forth and pointing to the same truth;

“to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are.”

Christ or self, both lives, both minds, are in the believer. Which one rules, is measured by the fruit that the life produces. There are no substitutes, it is always one or the other that is being manifested, in the small as well as in the large..... Christ or self, blessings or curses God has set before the heart of man.

The new birth is that that opens up and secures the potential of receiving God’s blessings. But the degree of blessings, and the choice of remaining a carnal or infant in Christ, is the choice of the believer’s heart...... (For I believe it to be true, to the degree one matures in Christ in this life, to that degree will they be able to experience the fullness of the Heavenly life..... but this is besides the matter.)

For of a truth, Christ has been given to mankind. Mankind can have as much or as little of Him as his hearts desire after Him is.

Though the gifts and offices do differ, the close personal, intimate relationship with Christ can be as strong in any believer as that believer would have it.

Oh to have a heart like David that would follow God fully.

Be blessed as we pray for this heart in each and every one that would have it, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are.”

Something to do with

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to do with

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Works for me! Be blessed as He makes this a living reality in our life’s.

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Reactions: mjrhealth