To Live Is Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. - Philippians 1:21.

The way for character change to happen is usually gradually, most of the time anyway. I believe it depends on a person's creation and upbringing. When we receive Christ we know something has happened and we make conscience efforts to live a certain way. We desire to stop living in sin and live what looks like a presentable life. That works for most people, but for some it doesn't work. They struggle with character and how to change their character. We all need change no matter what our character is. Change brings greater expression of who you are.

I have always maintained living grace is harder than living law. Law has all the loop holes of escapism. God is not through with me yet - pray for me I'm just human - that is just the way I am. On and on the excuses can go!

In grace there is no escape. Because of grace there is room for failure, but on the other hand there is no room for failure. Why is that? You know for you to live "is Christ." That is a lot more pressure on a believer to live what they know than just go about their day living whatever they live and hope it works out and God is happy the way they live and treat one another, as long as they love him. Have you ever seen Christians that seem to love God, but mean to each other. So my point about character is; for those that are getting the mind of Christ - that is the change in character. You act right is the best way to put it. At least have a desire to act right and do what you know. If you knew Christ was being expressed as you - at the very moment you were having an encounter of some type - good or bad. And you knew it was going to be Christ that was coming out of you that very moment, what would your reaction be.

I have to tell you that is what Christianity is; it is Christ expressing himself as your creation - coming out of you as you. That is grace and that has a lot of room for failure as you can see. But as the mind is renewed to Christ - who is our life - your character will change. He becomes the head so to speak - he swallows up our creation and comes out as such. Christ alive in believers!

Reactions: Wynona