Treasure In Earthen Vessels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 4:10

10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

Have you ever felt like you were dieing, physically or maybe spiritually or even mentally.
That's good, Christ in you is saying "good you are doing that for me."

I understand there are times when we need healing and have needs, but if you are alive then you will suffer these things.
Religion cannot tell you these truths, if they cannot get you fixed most every time, they are failing God. Goes against every faith message you have ever heard, getting enough faith of your own to do what needs to be done is just another law preaching message.
In grace you live by the faith of another, you have no faith of your own, you have learned to live Christ.

Those that know (revelation knowledge) they are crucified with Christ, have learned to live by the life of another. In that life is the faith of the Son of God, Gal. 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Paul said "we have this treasure in earthen vessels." We have this treasure (Christ) so the power may be of God and not us, 2 Cor. 4:7

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

It cannot be of us, we have been crucified with Christ at Calvary. It comes through you, but it is Christ now as your only life. In this knowledge, in time, Christ will shallow up the old knowledge of you being an independent creature taught to you by the old nature, that is spiritual growth. Humanity has always been dependant on their nature, never an independent soul. The lie related to humanity is they are independent, when the fact is they have never acted out on any situation, good or bad, on their own, they have always been compelled by their nature.
Humanity knew something about sin because when it manifests itself, all can see it. When it remains dorment you cannot see sin.

Paul relates to believers there is a nature that compelled humanity to do what they did, even when they didn't want to do it, Romans 7:15-17

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Can you see the process that needs to take place to be able to see what went on before the new birth. Lack of understanding of what went on before the new birth and what happened at the cross will cause believers the most trouble in life.

Why would this be? Your Father wants you to understand Him and what He has done in you. He put Christ in you the moment you believed, to be your salvation. Just as truth is a person, the word is a person, and your salvation is a person. The saving grace for health is Christ in you, the saving grace for you mentality and physically, is Christ in you the hope of glory. Your Father does not stop until you know Christ as your life because that is just the beginning of life for you, so you must trust Him, He is not going to give you a stone. He is your Father and He loves you, He gave His Only begotten Son for you. He will reveal Himself in ways you have not thought possible.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ in us is not enough to bring us to perfection. We also need to abide in Him. There is no promise...but only a hope...for Christ IN us. Unless we go to the cross ourselves and die (fully) we cannot live from the life that is hidden within us.

We have to get off the throne of our own lives and get on the cross in order for Jesus to take His rightful place within us.

Tozer said...in each of us there is a cross and a throne. If Jesus is on the cross (for us) then WE are on the throne. But if WE are on the cross, Jesus is on the throne.

Who is serving whom?

The modern gospel keeps Jesus off the throne in our lives with all the talk of HIS work on the cross...or His "finished" work. That is an excuse to stay on the throne of our own lives. People like for others to do the suffering. Many would keep Jesus on the cross. But we need to talk about OURSELVES on the cross....dead to this world and dead to ourselves...in order for HIS life to kick in.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tozer said...in each of us there is a cross and a throne. If Jesus is on the cross (for us) then WE are on the throne. But if WE are on the cross, Jesus is on the throne.

Who is serving whom?

Never heard it said this way.
... “Who is serving whom?”

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you consider that the enemy has succeeded in turning the gospel inside out...to the great pleasure of many.

Yes and when I made that same point you argued against me. Oh well are you Frequently Arguing, Ridiculous Tripe? Or to put it bluntly, do you F.A.R.T. a lot as indicated by your number of posts.