Trespassing against your neighbor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday it was -2 here without windchill factor. After feeding the birds and squirrels, I looked for the dog across the street. He gets a few small milkbones while I'm out.
He is usually waiting with bright eyes and wagging tail, but he wasn't to be seen. So, I called him, still nothing. Thinking maybe his dad(owner) had taken him somewhere warm for the day, I headed inside. As I was stepping in I seen his head rise ever so slightly above the porch wall. When he sits up you can see his head and collar. I took his treats over and he could hardly stand.
I took him a sleepingbag and called animal control. He is not abused nor hungry, just a poor decision made having to go to work.
The officer said I had trespassed taking him a sleepingbag. This has bothered me,
Prayed for forgiveness.
The dog now has heat and unfrozen water and inside at night.
When is it ok to trespass against your neighbor? Safety reasons?

D

Dave L

Yesterday it was -2 here without windchill factor. After feeding the birds and squirrels, I looked for the dog across the street. He gets a few small milkbones while I'm out.
He is usually waiting with bright eyes and wagging tail, but he wasn't to be seen. So, I called him, still nothing. Thinking maybe his dad(owner) had taken him somewhere warm for the day, I headed inside. As I was stepping in I seen his head rise ever so slightly above the porch wall. When he sits up you can see his head and collar. I took his treats over and he could hardly stand.
I took him a sleepingbag and called animal control. He is not abused nor hungry, just a poor decision made having to go to work.
The officer said I had trespassed taking him a sleepingbag. This has bothered me,
Prayed for forgiveness.
You did the right thing. I will now call animal control first after reading this. Thanks on behalf of the pooch and for making us aware.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The officer said I had trespassed taking him a sleepingbag
Talk to the owner and ask him whether he is going to press charges against you for tresspassing?
If the guy cares for his dog, he will be thanking you.

resspass charges only work if you cause damage to the property or have been repearedly warned not to come on to the property because of the nusance you are.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk to the owner and ask him whether he is going to press charges against you for tresspassing?
If the guy cares for his dog, he will thanking you.
I went over as soon as someone was there. Told him I gave him the sleepingbag and that I called. Just for the animal's safety. (I cried and fought with myself before calling) He knew it wasn't malicious. All treats were okayed before this. Hope there isn't a next time.

Reactions: Dave L and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a question after the story. No-one bothered to answer. Just judgement.
:confused: :(
And what is the answer? Did Jesus ever trespass against his neighbor? The question was put to Him: who is my neighbor? [Luke 10:29] Jesus proceeded to tell the story of the good Samaritan. Can we understand from that story who our neighbor is?

Then what is a trespass?

What carnal man sees as a trespass against him would not necessarily be the same as what God would consider a trespass against Him, would it? We need to try to see things as God sees them and act as God would act in all things. How close is each of us to that? Are we on the approach so our vision is improving to assure that our actions can be as His actions would be in our shoes?

Safety reasons? Safety for the flesh... or safety against anything that would take us or anyone away from God instead of toward Him?

For the flesh there may certainly be a different answer than for the Spirit. Who is leading us?

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end of the story: After speaking with the person at the house, who told me, there was heat in the back room of the garage but the dog wouldn't go in. And I stood on the deck talking to him with 2 frozen water bowls frozen to the deck, an upside down food bowl frozen to the deck, I came home and called animal control and withdrew my request for a safety check.

This call was to the humane society, not police. No fines involved(I asked), just educational materials left unless the animal was in distress.

It's supposed to be -10 here Wed. with winds up to 35mph. Projected windchill -35 to -45.
I pray the owner was honest about heat, but my observation says not.

Blessings all. May our Father keep you and yours warm and safe. And the animals too.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did (mostly) right...…. even though I wouldn't have called Animal Control at all. (I would have simply taken the dog into my house.)

He has an electronic collar. He growls if you touch it.. I had thought of that but he wasn't seeing it that way. Lol

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
He has an electronic collar. He growls if you touch it.. I had thought of that but he wasn't seeing it that way. Lol
you asked when is it ok to trespass against a neighbor, fwiw I would do what you deem necessary and be ready to get crucified for it anyway. Unfort now that you have revealed yourself your options are more limited, and you have also put yourself under the law now, in calling AC, etc, but if you are able to resolve this and keep a decent relationship with your neighbor i'd love to hear how. if it was me that dog would be gone by now I guess, but then I am an idiot lol, and I would prolly be in jail or something too

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayed for forgiveness.

With their permission, and then it is not a Trespass.

Taken

Reactions: Acolyte

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
First, let's not confuse unlawful entry with biblical trespassing which is another word for sin by my understanding.

As for what to do, I would recommend getting their Cell number in case something comes up again. Then you can call and let them know what's happening and seek to work it out without authorities being involved.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for what to do, I would recommend getting their Cell number in case something comes up again. Then you can call and let them know what's happening and seek to work it out without authorities being involved.

I will ask my husband talk to him about that. Thank you. :) It seems the best way to deal with it. If he doesn't wish to do that, then I will leave it to our Father.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was not trespassing as in sinning. And when there is an emergency (like the one you mentioned) the issue of trespassing does not arise. However, if your neighbor has been habitually negligent, an anonymous report to the right people should be sufficient.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I went over as soon as someone was there. Told him I gave him the sleepingbag and that I called. Just for the animal's safety. (I cried and fought with myself before calling) He knew it wasn't malicious. All treats were okayed before this. Hope there isn't a next time.

You haven't sinned against God. You may have broken the law. Not the same thing always.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will ask my husband talk to him about that. Thank you. :) It seems the best way to deal with it. If he doesn't wish to do that, then I will leave it to our Father.

If I see a dog or child left alone in a hot car you better believe I will break the law by smashing the window or breaking the door down. Same in your situation. I would intervene even if meant breaking a law.

And God would be delighted with this. Animal or human life more important than a rule being broken