Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

First thanks for the reply, second,
you still ERROR, the Title Father never become nothing. Let's say what the BIBLE, the WORD of God say. ok,

Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God”
The key to understanding the Godhead in this verse is this Greek word “Form”, and it’s root. By understanding it’s root then one will understand our Lord’s Nature. being in the bosom, Especially what kind of Nature our Lord and Saviour has.
Form: according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, it is the Greek word, G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

Ok, our Lord’s NATURE is the "SAME" as the Spirit, but the question is what KIND of Equal Nature do he have? That is found in the root of G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee'), which is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).
KJV: behalf, course, coast, craft, particular (+ -ly), part (+ -ly), piece, portion, respect, side, some sort(-what).
definition #1. gives us and the world the answer to our Lord's NATURE. "portion" is Synonyms with or another word for "SHARE"

conclusion: our Lord Jesus has a "SHARED" equal nature of the Spirit.

was that short enough dave?.

now knowing that, I as like the apostle Paul is set for the defence of the Gospel.

PICJAG.
I don't think you are able to defend that view since God doesn't change. How do you tackle this problem?

““Now concerning that day and hour no one knows—neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son —except the Father only.” (Matthew 24:36) (HCSB)

The Father knows things the Son does not know. How can they be the same person?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think you are able to defend that view since God doesn't change. How do you tackle this problem?

““Now concerning that day and hour no one knows—neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son —except the Father only.” (Matthew 24:36) (HCSB)

Irrefutable point, I think.

Reactions: Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for the reply, second,
You don’t study. You rely on other men. Scripture, 1 Corinthians 3:9 "For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
1 Corinthians 3:10 "According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12 "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Corinthians 3:13 "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

What you need to do is this dave, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”.

Now concerning that day and hour no one knows—neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son —except the Father only.” (Matthew 24:36) (HCSB)
See the topic, “JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God “, and read Post #119 ... :D

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but the Holy Spirit never contradicts what's clearly in the Word.
that's correct, so learn the truth indtead of man truth. but look don't argue with me, argue with the scriptures.... :eek:

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see this generation don’t study, not at all. But most of this generation rely on other to tell them the truth, and get none, But a tomb of white wash bones. People need to pick up their bibles and read and STUDY with the HOLY GHOST.

I guess that want work, some never read a post.

PICJAG.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were on a jury of men judging man, I would want to consider man's law and God's law as I considered the evidence presented. Do jurors have to be lawyers?

As to the creeds, I have read them. I take them as Abraham Lincoln did... or as I understand that he did as per Mario M Cuomo in "Why Lincoln Matters Today More Than Ever"

[from Francis B. Carpenter, "Six Months at the White House with Abraham Lincoln" (Hurd and Houghton, 1866)]

Lincoln told Harry C Deming, a congressman from Connecticut why he had never joined any church and why his fundamental spiritual disposition was profound:

"I have never united myself to any church, because i have found difficulty in giving my assent, without mental reservation, to the long, complicated statements of Christian doctrine which characterize their Articles of Belief and Confessions of Faith. When any church will inscribe over its altar, as its sole qualification for membership...the Savior's condensed statement of both Law and Gospel, 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and thy neighbor as thyself," that church will I join with all my heart and all my soul"
YES!!!!! Thank you! AMEN!

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the creeds only state what scripture states. If you read books you should understand this.
If creeds state what scripture states then why bother reading the creeds? Just read the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the meaning of it to you....the Holy Spirit is the BEST teacher!.

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If creeds state what scripture states then why bother reading the creeds? Just read the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the meaning of it to you....the Holy Spirit is the BEST teacher!.
Sometimes a difference is distinguished between a creed and a statement of faith. A statement of faith may contain useful summaries of what the Scriptures clearly teach. A creed on the other hand is sometimes used as a tool which people are supposedly compelled to promise to use as the only prism through which they will understand the Scriptures (I think this is going too far).

Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dave L made a good point about Matthew 24:36 <fify>.

Which was answered by this:

The Father inhabiteth eternity, as I have said; and He became the Son who walks in flesh. Having taken on the added nature of humanity, He has a finite human brain that does not contain all of the Omniscience that He had as the Father. Also, the earth revolves on its axis; and the time of day, and even what day it is, varies according to where you are on the earth. And, again, the time of Jesus' return, for each person, may be said to be the moment of their reckoning, which might be the moment of death. And therefore only the Father knows when that time is for each individual, since it cannot ever happen at a specific date and time. It may be January 1 on one side of the globe and January 2 on the other.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son IS in the bosom of the Father. Which rules out modalism. How can the father have a bosom if he becomes the Son?
The Father stays behind in eternity while also moving forward to become the Son.

For it is the nature of eternity that if anyone dwells in it, they dwell in it eternally; and if they were to descend out of it there would continue to be their eternal self remaining in it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[
I'm interested...can you provide a link to the thread?
not sure what you want, but it's here on this site. Look in Christian Debate Forum
Topic “JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.” post #119, page #6

if there is a link to make I don't know how to do that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a role change = what happened to the Father's bosom if he became the Son?
The Father continues to inhabit eternity even after He becomes the Son; He stays behind in eternity and also moves forward into the flesh of Jesus.

So then, He is in the bosom of the One who stayed behind.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[

not sure what you want, but it's here on this site. Look in Christian Debate Forum
Topic “JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.” post #119, page #6

if there is a link to make I don't know how to do that.
You can right click on the number at the top right hand corner of any post. A menu will pop up. Pick the one that says, Copy link address.

Then you can paste it at your leisure in any post by right-clicking on bare text space and then choosing the paste option..

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father continues to inhabit eternity even after He becomes the Son; He stays behind in eternity and also moves forward into the flesh of Jesus.

So then, He is in the bosom of the One who stayed behind.
JBF, I believe we see a few things different. the Spirit is eternity, no begining, no end. we have our being in him.

by the spirit sharing himself in flesh there is no difference, eternity is the same for the Spirit. only in time and Spatial did the flesh of his manifested came nto the world.

Just think for a minute, "where do you think your spirit come from?". the spirit right. the body goes back to the dust.. earth, and your spirit returns to God the Spirit from were it came from. supportive scripture, Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

if God can bring forth our spirit at a given time and Spatial why can't he come in flesh at his own will?.

PICJAG.