Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I already said Jesus is the Lord. And I'll add he is all that the Lord is. But you cannot say this in truth unless you define Jesus truthfully from scripture. The Jews made a golden calf and called it God who delivered them from Egypt. And you do the same, naming your idol Jesus, and saying it is Lord. An idol constructed from fragments of scripture, while ignoring the whole of the matter.

Again, your denying the Father and the Son, by saying the Son is the Father or the Father is the Son, fits John's profile for the spirit of Antichrist. You deny BOTH the Father AND the Son.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,
God has sought to make Himself known to us, and has chosen to use human terminology in order to enable our finite minds to understand One who is infinite.

God is both Father, Son and Holy Spirit, so man has encompassed these three manifestations of God in the word, 'Trinity'. However, as with all man-made terms used to express the infinite it is imperfect, and causes division among brethren.

Yet if we simply allowed the Bible to speak, as God has intended there would be no cause for division. For 'God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself'. Therefore, neither justbyfaith, or Dave L is to be judged for the position they hold, for neither is denying that God is One. You are both precious in the sight of God, in Christ Jesus His Beloved Son.

* God is Father, God is Son, God is Holy Spirit.

Praise His Holy Name!

Let us rejoice in Him, and not dispute the indisputable.
With love in Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Hello there,
God has sought to make Himself known to us, and has chosen to use human terminology in order to enable our finite minds to understand One who is infinite.

God is both Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and so it is understandable that man has encompassed these three manifestations of God within the one word, 'Trinity', in order to contain the three in one aspect of One God in three persons However, as with all man-made terms used to express the infinite it is imperfect, has caused division among the brethren.

Yet if we simply allowed the Bible to speak, as God has intended there would be no cause for division. For 'God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself'. Therefore, neither justbyfaith, or Dave L is to be judged for the position they hold, for neither is denying that God is One. You are both precious in the sight of God, in Christ Jesus His Beloved Son.

* God is Father, God is Son, God is Holy Spirit.

Praise His Holy Name!

Let us rejoice in Him, and not dispute the indisputable.
With love in Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Except, a false definition of God = a false Christ. Islam thinks God is one, so do all world religions. Only Christianity worships God in trinity.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Except, a false definition of God = a false Christ. Islam thinks God is one, so do all world religions. Only Christianity worships God in trinity.

Hello Dave,

What other religions do is of no consequence. We are not called upon to define God, for He has done it for Himself, in His Word. Man has added the word, 'Trinity'. It is that word that causes division, so don't use it. We worship' The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ", by His Spirit. That is definition enough.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

Hello Dave,

What other religions do is of no consequence. We are not called upon to define God, for He has done it for Himself, in His Word. Man has added the word, 'Trinity'. It is that word that causes division, so don't use it. We worship' The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ". That is definition enough.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
If you deny the trinity you deny Christ as defined in scripture = false Christ.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Jesus is the truth, how can a false reckoning of him be the true Christ?

But Dave, the Biblical defition of Christ is what is true: not the one of man's devising to express the Godhead = 'Trinity'. Let the Bible speak for itself, and there is no problem.

God is, 'The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ'.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

D

Dave L

But Dave, the Biblical defition of Christ is what is true: not the one of man's devising -'Trinity'. Let the Bible speak for itself, and there is no problem.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
In Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead. To say the Father is the Son or the Son is the Father flies in the face of the clearly revealed three persons of God called the trinity. Not to mention the spirit of Antichrist that denies both the Father and the Son, making them the same person as oneness does.

All three persons of the Trinity are fully God. The Father is repeatedly called God (1Co 8:6; 1Pt 1:3). Paul writes, “Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Eph 1:3). The Son is called God on numerous occasions (Jn 1:1; Rm 9:5; Ti 2:13–15; Heb 1:8; 2Pt 1:1). For instance, Thomas boldly calls Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (Jn 20:28). Finally, in the inception of the church, Ananias and Sapphira dropped dead after lying to the Holy Spirit since they had “not lied to people but to God” (Acts 5:1–4)

Tim Barnett. What Is the Trinity?.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead. To say the Father is the Son or the Son is the Father flies in the face of the clearly revealed three persons of God called the trinity. Not to mention the spirit of Antichrist that denies both the Father and the Son, making them the same person as oneness does.

All three persons of the Trinity are fully God. The Father is repeatedly called God (1Co 8:6; 1Pt 1:3). Paul writes, “Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Eph 1:3). The Son is called God on numerous occasions (Jn 1:1; Rm 9:5; Ti 2:13–15; Heb 1:8; 2Pt 1:1). For instance, Thomas boldly calls Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (Jn 20:28). Finally, in the inception of the church, Ananias and Sapphira dropped dead after lying to the Holy Spirit since they had “not lied to people but to God” (Acts 5:1–4)

Tim Barnett. What Is the Trinity?.
Hi there,

Leaving the word, Trinity, aside. I agree that both 'Father', 'Son', and 'Holy Spirit' are fully God, that is the testimony of Scripture.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

D

Dave L

Hi there,

Leaving the word, Trinity, aside. I agree that both 'Father', 'Son', and 'Holy Spirit' are fully God, that is the testimony of Scripture.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
But only as three distinct persons in the one spirit of God. All else is heresy.

the doctrine of the Trinity can be summarized in seven statements. (1) There is only one God. (2) The Father is God. (3) The Son is God. (4) The Holy Spirit is God. (5) The Father is not the Son. (6) The Son is the not the Holy Spirit. (7) The Holy Spirit is not the Father.

The Athanasian Creed puts it this way: “Now this is the catholic [universal] faith: That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects monarchianism which believes in only one person (mono) and maintains that the Son and the Spirit subsists in the divine essence as impersonal attributes not distinct and divine Persons.

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects modalism which believes that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are different names for the same God acting in different roles or manifestations (like the well-intentioned but misguided “water, vapor, ice” analogy).

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects Arianism which denies the full deity of Christ.

And finally, orthodox Trinitarianism rejects all forms of tri-theism, which teach that the three members of the Godhead are, to quote a leading Mormon apologist, “three distinct Beings, three separate Gods.”

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But only as three distinct persons in the one spirit of God. All else is heresy.

the doctrine of the Trinity can be summarized in seven statements. (1) There is only one God. (2) The Father is God. (3) The Son is God. (4) The Holy Spirit is God. (5) The Father is not the Son. (6) The Son is the not the Holy Spirit. (7) The Holy Spirit is not the Father.

The Athanasian Creed puts it this way: “Now this is the catholic [universal] faith: That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects monarchianism which believes in only one person (mono) and maintains that the Son and the Spirit subsists in the divine essence as impersonal attributes not distinct and divine Persons.

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects modalism which believes that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are different names for the same God acting in different roles or manifestations (like the well-intentioned but misguided “water, vapor, ice” analogy).

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects Arianism which denies the full deity of Christ.

And finally, orthodox Trinitarianism rejects all forms of tri-theism, which teach that the three members of the Godhead are, to quote a leading Mormon apologist, “three distinct Beings, three separate Gods.”
'To wit, that God was in Christ,
reconciling the world unto Himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them;
and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.'

(2 Corinthians 5:19)

Hello Dave,

As with all of man's thinking it is delivered with an iron fist.

God, was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself: The Lord said to Philip, in answer to his request that the Lord show him the Father in John 14:9-10: -

'Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works.'

I just want to praise God for enabling us to know Him, through the person of His Son, by His Spirit, it is for Him to judge the secrets of men's hearts, and He knows those who are His.

Praise Him!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More inane questions from someone who calls himself a Christian. Time to move on.
GINOLJC, to all.
second, classic vain babbling. so I can take this as, "a you have no clue".... (smile) .... LOL.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy. The holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
first thanks for the response.

second, the Spirit of God is GOD, for God is a Spirit, meaning he's the FATHER. but in your trinity doctrine, it states that the Holy Spirit is not the Person called Father. see your error? ok, I asked who was the conviever of the Child? answer the Holy Ghost, a separate person from what your doctrine calls the first person Father. TWO Fathers?, are you kidding. scripture,
Malachi 2:10a "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

the scriptures are clear,
Matthew 1:19 "Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

it was the Holy Ghost who conceived the child in Mary, and as your doctrine states the Father is not the Holy Ghost. see your ERROR?.

the Bible cleary states the Holy Ghost is the Father.

D

Dave L

'To wit, that God was in Christ,
reconciling the world unto Himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them;
and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.'

(2 Corinthians 5:19)

Hello Dave,

As with all of man's thinking it is delivered with an iron fist.

God, was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself: The Lord said to Philip, in answer to his request that the Lord show him the Father in John 14:9-10: -

'Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:
but
the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works.'

I just want to praise God for enabling us to know Him, through the person of His Son, by His Spirit, it is for Him to judge the secrets of men's hearts, and He knows those who are His.

Praise Him!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
But you settle for fragments of scripture in constructing your idol, and miss the complete revelation of God as three distinct persons, all called God, all simultaneously present, in the one Spirit called God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you also denying the virgin birth?
a virgin birth is not the orgins of that flesh, the virgin "ONLY" birth it, meaning she only a surrogate. I hope you know what a surrogate is.... :cool: a birth mother and a biologial mother is not the same in this case ....... :eek: .

now with that said, my question remain. if the Lord Jesus was a "Partaker" in flesh & blood, meaning he had human parents, please post their names. and give chapter and verse.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

a virgin birth is not the orgins of that flesh, the virgin "ONLY" birth it, meaning she only a surrogate. I hope you know what a surrogate is.... :cool: a birth mother and a biologial mother is not the same in this case ....... :eek: .

now with that said, my question remain. if the Lord Jesus was a "Partaker" in flesh & blood, meaning he had human parents, please post their names. and give chapter and verse.

PICJAG.
So you do not believe in the virgin birth? Your question suggests this.