Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course it is possible to actually know the truth...

But pointing the finger and condemning those who do not hold the same pov is simply not Christ-like, impaho.

Yes and no... :)

Are you telling me that there is nothing more that you can learn about the depth of God? You KNOW Him?
Rom 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!"

No, I stand my ground...if we live to be 900 years old..we will never plummet the depth of God who IS all Truth.

Bless you! Helen

D

Dave L

The Spirit of Jesus is or isn't Jesus?

However, when He left Jesus' body, He is now distinct from the human Jesus.
How do you see only one person in this: “If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him” (John 14:15-17 – NIV)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I read on this Site the more it depresses me.
I used to enjoy coming on here, I never minded the light banter.
But, it seems now "no one but them" is allowed to have a different opinion without being told that they are totally wrong!
I have been walking this path for 46 years now..and have never felt that God has shown 'me' everything that there is to know about Him. No one "knows the bible'...it has layer and layers of undiscovered truth that God lovingly reveals to His children daily.
That is why the Book is always so alive and exciting...He shows us something that we haven't seen or noticed before.

But I agree, 'some people' seem to declare that they and they only see the full truth of everything , and the rest of us here are either heretics or from a cult.

I am always tempted to write..." Oh you mean the Baptist cult, the Pentecostal cult, the methodist cult, the oneness cult the trinity cult, etc etc etc.. "
If we check out all the definitions of a cult, everyone falls into it somewhere.

Bless you...Helen
Let God be truth and every man be a liar

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking how you explain passages that prove God is not one

I have always maintained God is ONE God.

Why don't you try to prove otherwise...

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken,
Dave L said: ↑
The name is only used to identify your beliefs. Which were condemned several times as heresy in the early Church.

Why is it you can never directly answer a direct question?

one who is deceived cannot answer, when you see people avoid a direct question, and use the same same old excuse over, and over, they don't know, and are afraid of the TRUTH. they don't want to be ashamed, and have to eat their own words,

Interesting assessment...and agree...shame begins with fear.

so they quote others.
2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

when one cannot handle the word of truth they are ashame.

PICJAG

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

I have always maintained God is ONE God.

Why don't you try to prove otherwise...

Glory to God,
Taken
God is one. But the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. And the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I read on this Site the more it depresses me.
I used to enjoy coming on here, I never minded the light banter.
But, it seems now "no one but them" is allowed to have a different opinion without being told that they are totally wrong!
I have been walking this path for 46 years now..and have never felt that God has shown 'me' everything that there is to know about Him. No one "knows the bible'...it has layer and layers of undiscovered truth that God lovingly reveals to His children daily.
That is why the Book is always so alive and exciting...He shows us something that we haven't seen or noticed before.

But I agree, 'some people' seem to declare that they and they only see the full truth of everything , and the rest of us here are either heretics or from a cult.

I am always tempted to write..." Oh you mean the Baptist cult, the Pentecostal cult, the methodist cult, the oneness cult the trinity cult, etc etc etc.. "
If we check out all the definitions of a cult, everyone falls into it somewhere.

Bless you...Helen

I have no problem with individuals declaring THEIR own Beliefs....and ALSO if "THEY" choose to declare their own "Religious" NAME TAG they affiliate with.

But it is WHEN "one" goes on a "rampage" of how they DISAGREE with a particular NAME TAG, and then declare the particular NAME TAG IS Heresy....I still don't care about their OPINION.

It is when an other... goes on a "rampage" of DICTATING what "religious Name Tags" "ARE" an others.....when the OtHER themselves have said NOTHING whatsoever claiming the Religious NAME TAG for themselves....

THAT is nothing short of one making up lies about an other.

I do not condone one man WITHOUT authority speaking for another man.

And I do find repeatedly the one who does THINK himself AUTHORIZED to speak for other men....are TYPICALLY the same man WHO can only point to their own BELIEF is based on WHAT other men Believe...

IOW...they do not KNOW "WHY" they believe what they do....except to say...it must be right because a lot of "other" men believe the same way.

And ^ THAT, is the part I find, FUNNY, while at the same time, find their LYING accusations disgusting.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

I have no problem with individuals declaring THEIR own Beliefs....and ALSO if "THEY" choose to declare their own "Religious" NAME TAG they affiliate with.

But it is WHEN "one" goes on a "rampage" of how they DISAGREE with a particular NAME TAG, and then declare the particular NAME TAG IS Heresy....I still don't care about their OPINION.

It is when an other... goes on a "rampage" of DICTATING what "religious Name Tags" "ARE" an others.....when the OtHER themselves have said NOTHING whatsoever claiming the Religious NAME TAG for themselves....

THAT is nothing short of one making up lies about an other.

I do not condone one man WITHOUT authority speaking for another man.

And I do find repeatedly the one who does THINK himself AUTHORIZED to speak for other men....are TYPICALLY the same man WHO can only point to their own BELIEF is based on WHAT other men Believe...

IOW...they do not KNOW "WHY" they believe what they do....except to say...it must be right because a lot of "other" men believe the same way.

And ^ THAT, is the part I find, FUNNY, while at the same time, find their LYING accusations disgusting.

God Bless,
Taken
Scripture alone does not lie. Only interpretations can be misguided at times.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and no... :)

Are you telling me that there is nothing more that you can learn about the depth of God? You KNOW Him?
Rom 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!"

No, I stand my ground...if we live to be 900 years old..we will never plummet the depth of God who IS all Truth.

Bless you! Helen
Of course we can never plummet the depths of all the information that there is about the Lord who created us...

I think however that when faced with any kind of false information, the fact that through the unction of the Holy Ghost we "know all things" (1 John 2:20) means that we will be able to discern lies for what they are...and that the more familiar we are with the word of the Lord, the more able we will be to express the truth in contradiction to the lies presented.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking how you explain passages that prove God is not one

And here is the proof that you are a Tritheist...you believe that there are passages that prove that God is not one...you do not believe in the Trinity, which states that God is three-in-one...

By taking out the fact that God is one your Trinitarianism translates into Tritheism...you do not believe in one God in three Persons but in three Persons who are God...three Gods!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you see only one person in this: “If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him” (John 14:15-17 – NIV)
The Spirit of Jesus is Jesus..the same Person as the human Jesus but without flesh...distinct from the human Jesus and yet the same Person.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is one.

Oh Goodie we have ONE thing we agree on.

BUT the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. [/QUOTE]

It is YOUR ...

I do not agree with (for those who see the pun....fully intended)

And the Father is not the Son

John 14
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

(Thank you for sharing that you have NOT seen Jesus, nor TRUST Scripture, that other men WHO DID SEE JESUS, SAW the Father.)

the Son is not the Holy Spirit,

Matt 3:
[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son...

Matt 1:
[25] ...his name JESUS.

Matt 1
[23] a son, ...is, God with us.

Rom 15:19
[19]...the 'power' of the Spirit of God;

1 Cor 1
24... Christ the power of God...

Mark 8
[29] And he JESUS saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

(HOW can an individual KNOW, the Holy Spirit of God....IS POWER? Uh, Scriptural Knowledge says so! Trust to believe it OR NOT.

HOW can an individual KNOW, Christ is the POWER of God? Uh, Scriptural Knowledge says so! Trust to believe it OR NOT.

HOW can an individual KNOW, and JESUS, IS the SON? Uh, Scriptural Knowledge says so.
Trust to believe it OR NOT.

How can an individual ........UNDERSTAND...
JESUS "IS" the CHRIST?

Matt 16
[17
] ... revealed it unto thee, (by) my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 16
[17].....not revealed unto men, BY FLESH AND BLOOD MEN.

(Thank you for sharing, you learned FROM MEN, to "SAY"..Jesus IS the Christ....(but) as men say....)

the Son is not the Holy Spirit,

And YET it is the Father IN Heaven WHO reveals to MEN HIS own UNDERSTANDING....THAT...Jesus IS CHRIST, and JESUS, IS GOD with us.)

and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.

Matt 12:
[50] ...."Jesus speaking" ...."my" Father which is in heaven .

John 10:
[30] I ..."Jesus speaking"....and "my" father ARE ONE.

(Thank you for sharing, you do not comprehend:
Jesus is the Son, the Christ, the POWER of God, the SAME SPIRIT and POWER of "HIS" father, and THEY ARE THE SAME ONE "ALMIGHTY God"....regardless of WHERE HE IS... Heaven, Earth, within a man, without a man.)

Must be exciting for you to DECLARE what GOD IS "NOT"....and DECLARE others heretics because they DO NOT FOLLOW YOU, your CREEDS, and DOCTRINES and other men YOU FOLLOW.

While you busy yourself FOLLOWING OTHER MEN...try really hard to NOT BE a "TEMPTER"...with INTENT to LEAD OTHER MEN "AWAY" from Following Christ Jesus, and Trusting the Understanding God has given them.....and instead following YOU.

It smacks of hypocrisy...

Glory to;
THEE;
Lord (Son) God (Father) Almighty (Power)

Taken

D

Dave L

Oh Goodie we have ONE thing we agree on.

BUT the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God.

It is YOUR ...

I do not agree with (for those who see the pun....fully intended)

John 14
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

(Thank you for sharing that you have NOT seen Jesus, nor TRUST Scripture, that other men WHO DID SEE JESUS, SAW the Father.)

Matt 3:
[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son...

Matt 1:
[25] ...his name JESUS.

Matt 1
[23] a son, ...is, God with us.

Rom 15:19
[19]...the 'power' of the Spirit of God;

1 Cor 1
24... Christ the power of God...

Mark 8
[29] And he JESUS saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

(HOW can an individual KNOW, the Holy Spirit of God....IS POWER? Uh, Scriptural Knowledge says so! Trust to believe it OR NOT.

HOW can an individual KNOW, Christ is the POWER of God? Uh, Scriptural Knowledge says so! Trust to believe it OR NOT.

HOW can an individual KNOW, and JESUS, IS the SON? Uh, Scriptural Knowledge says so.
Trust to believe it OR NOT.

How can an individual ........UNDERSTAND...
JESUS "IS" the CHRIST?

Matt 16
[17
] ... revealed it unto thee, (by) my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 16
[17].....not revealed unto men, BY FLESH AND BLOOD MEN.

(Thank you for sharing, you learned FROM MEN, to "SAY"..Jesus IS the Christ....(but) as men say....)

And YET it is the Father IN Heaven WHO reveals to MEN HIS own UNDERSTANDING....THAT...Jesus IS CHRIST, and JESUS, IS GOD with us.)

Matt 12:
[50] ...."Jesus speaking" ...."my" Father which is in heaven .

John 10:
[30] I ..."Jesus speaking"....and "my" father ARE ONE.

(Thank you for sharing, you do not comprehend:
Jesus is the Son, the Christ, the POWER of God, the SAME SPIRIT and POWER of "HIS" father, and THEY ARE THE SAME ONE "ALMIGHTY God"....regardless of WHERE HE IS... Heaven, Earth, within a man, without a man.)

Must be exciting for you to DECLARE what GOD IS "NOT"....and DECLARE others heretics because they DO NOT FOLLOW YOU, your CREEDS, and DOCTRINES and other men YOU FOLLOW.

While you busy yourself FOLLOWING OTHER MEN...try really hard to NOT BE a "TEMPTER"...with INTENT to LEAD OTHER MEN "AWAY" from Following Christ Jesus, and Trusting the Understanding God has given them.....and instead following YOU.

It smacks of hypocrisy...

Glory to;
THEE;
Lord (Son) God (Father) Almighty (Power)

Taken[/QUOTE]
You still cannot explain the following. Posted for all to consider your answer along side of;

Plurality in the Godhead OT

And God (plural) said, Let us (plural) make man in our (plural) image (singular), after our (plural) likeness: and let them (plural) have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man (singular) in his own image (singular), in the image (singular) of God (plural) created he him; male and female created he them.” (Genesis 1:26–27) (KJV 1900)

A human example of plurality;

And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.” (Genesis 11:4) (KJV 1900)

And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.” (Genesis 11:3) (KJV 1900)

God as plural again;

God said: “Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” (Genesis 11:7) (KJV 1900)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave L

The Spirit of Jesus is Jesus..the same Person as the human Jesus but without flesh...distinct from the human Jesus and yet the same Person.
But the Son speaks of the Father in the third person. Not in the first person. = two persons.

D

Dave L

And here is the proof that you are a Tritheist...you believe that there are passages that prove that God is not one...you do not believe in the Trinity, which states that God is three-in-one...

By taking out the fact that God is one your Trinitarianism translates into Tritheism...you do not believe in one God in three Persons but in three Persons who are God...three Gods!
One Spirit called God having three persons = One God. How can God be eternal love without the loving communion in the Godhead? Love cannot exist without persons to love.