Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Son speaks of the Father in the third person. Not in the first person. = two persons.
I'm sorry but you are going to have to at least give me a scripture reference so I can better know what you are talking about.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One Spirit called God having three persons = One God. How can God be eternal love without the loving communion in the Godhead? Love cannot exist without persons to love.
That one Spirit is the same Spirit, the same Lord, the same God; whether you are talking about the Father, the Son, or the Holy Ghost.

But you are getting closer.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still cannot explain the following. Posted for all to consider your answer along side of;

Plurality in the Godhead OT

And God (plural) said, Let us (plural) make man in our (plural) image (singular), after our (plural) likeness: and let them (plural) have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man (singular) in his own image (singular), in the image (singular) of God (plural) created he him; male and female created he them.” (Genesis 1:26–27) (KJV 1900)

A human example of plurality;

And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.” (Genesis 11:4) (KJV 1900)

And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.” (Genesis 11:3) (KJV 1900)

God as plural again;

God said: “Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” (Genesis 11:7) (KJV 1900)
I have explained it; so he doesn't have to.

D

Dave L

John 10:
30 I AND my father ARE ONE.

How many are I AND my father?

How many are One?
One Spirit/two persons (think outside the box)

“And about the angels He says: He makes His angels winds, and His servants a fiery flame, but to the Son: Your throne, God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of justice.” (Hebrews 1:7–8) (HCSB)

Also consider God is love. But love cannot exist without others to love. SO apart from the trinity God could not be love eternally.

25.43 ἀγαπάωa; ἀγάπηa, ης f: to have love for someone or something, based on sincere appreciation and high regard—‘to love, to regard with affection, loving concern, love.’ἀγαπάωa:

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, pp. 292–293). New York: United Bible Societies.

Reactions: Waiting on him
D

Dave L

Jesus speaks of Himself in the third person on not a few occasions.
“But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.” (Matthew 10:23) (KJV 1900)

“For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:27–28) (KJV 1900)

Remember, Jesus spoke as God at times and as man at times. This helps to identify proper person and tense.

D

Dave L

That one Spirit is the same Spirit, the same Lord, the same God; whether you are talking about the Father, the Son, or the Holy Ghost.

But you are getting closer.
How do you think of God's omnipresence and immensity? Have you ever considered this before developing an idea about the Holy Spirit?

D

Dave L

I'm sorry but you are going to have to at least give me a scripture reference so I can better know what you are talking about.
Every time Jesus says"my Father" or "our Father" clearly shows they are not the same person.

Reactions: farouk

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“And about the angels He says: He makes His angels winds, and His servants a fiery flame, but to the Son: Your throne, God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of justice.” (Hebrews 1:7–8) (HCSB)

Also consider God is love. But love cannot exist without others to love. SO apart from the trinity God could not be love eternally.

25.43 ἀγαπάωa; ἀγάπηa, ης f: to have love for someone or something, based on sincere appreciation and high regard—‘to love, to regard with affection, loving concern, love.’ἀγαπάωa:

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, pp. 292–293). New York: United Bible Societies.
He’s so in love with the son he desires to give him a bride to share in his love

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well said!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"THINK outside the box"?
A clever worldly saying, but then the FACT is you have SEPARATED the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, IN Separate BOXES, and THINK and TEACH they ARE Separate.

Scripture doesn't SEPARATE the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.....

Scripture simply REVEALS the Father, Son, Holy Spirit....are ONE Lord GOD Almighty...
called by MULTIPLE NAMES, and are MULTIPLE PLACES at the SAME TIME.

If you are going to PUT God "IN A BOX", you might consider; if you are not IN that BOX "WITH" Him, you are "WITHOUT" Him.

John 10:30
I and my father are One.

One God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if scripture identifies an idol worshiper, we hate them if we do not try to enlighten them. Love and conscience drive believers to the martyr's stake.

But YOU have not IDENTIFIED any idol worshipers.....(except yourself).

Your own words...

....human Jesus...
....passages PROVE God is NOT ONE.
....the Father is NOT the Holy Spirit.
....the Son is NOT the Father.

Perhaps you should LOOK in a mirror, when wagging your tongue of WHO denies God, and teaches what God IS NOT, and discover WHO YOU "are" worshiping.

Glory, Praise and Worship,
to THEE ONE Lord God Almighty,

Taken