Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tritheism isn't really represented in today's religion except in the misunderstanding of what the doctrine of the Trinity really is; as some Trinitarians misunderstand the Trinity to be three separate Persons in the Godhead rather than distinct.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this is only half of the picture. You leave out the NT that proclaims the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. And also proclaims the Father is not the Son, The Son is not the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father. = You are more like Islam than Christian in your understanding of God.
first thanks for the reply,

second, is it not Jesus who John spoke of that Isaiah saw and "Spoke of?"

Yes, or no?

D

Dave L

first thanks for the reply,

second, is it not Jesus who John spoke of that Isaiah saw and "Spoke of?"

Yes, or no?
“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) (NET)

But you portray a false Jesus if you ignore his full description in the NT. You have an Islamic idea about God otherwise.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, only those with God's love use proper grammar.
So, you are going to continue to evade the challenge.

You sit as judge over doctrine but you will not set forth your own doctrine to be judged by others.

As Jesus would say, Hypocrite.

D

Dave L

So, you are going to continue to evade the challenge.

You sit as judge over doctrine but you will not set forth your own doctrine to be judged by others.

As Jesus would say, Hypocrite.
Another example of "christian" love? Calling names?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) (NET)

But you portray a false Jesus if you ignore his full description in the NT. You have an Islamic idea about God otherwise.
no need to remind me of nothing, just answer the question.

was it Jesus who John say that Isaiah saw, and "SPOKE" of yes or no? your answer please.

D

Dave L

no need to remind me of nothing, just answer the question.

was it Jesus who John say that Isaiah saw, and "SPOKE" of yes or no? your answer please.
I gave you scripture proving it was. But you have an Islamic idea of God and do not understand the OT when you quote it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
STOP for a minute, did you not post that the FATHER is not the Son?

well in Isaiah that's the Son who Isaiah speak of, and Isaiah identifies hin as the "LORD".

it's the same ONE Person,
because you said, "You need to define YAHWEH according to scripture. Which you do not. Before you can say Jesus is YAHWEH THE LORD".

so let me get this right are you saying that Jesus is YHWH in flesh?

D

Dave L

STOP for a minute, did you not post that the FATHER is not the Son?

well in Isaiah that's the Son who Isaiah speak of, and Isaiah identifies hin as the "LORD".

it's the same ONE Person,
because you said, "You need to define YAHWEH according to scripture. Which you do not. Before you can say Jesus is YAHWEH THE LORD".

so let me get this right are you saying that Jesus is YHWH in flesh?
Jesus is the triune YAHWEH in whom dwells the fullness of the Godhead.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the triune YAHWEH in whom dwells the fullness of the Godhead.
Hold it again, so you are agreeing that Jesus is the YHWH of the OT right...

now if Jesus is the the only YHWH, who have the title LORD, then JESUS is only ONE person, for the Lord Uses the "I" and "He" only in the OT.

so how is the one PERSON, JESUS, triune?

your answer.

D

Dave L

Hold it again, so you are agreeing that Jesus is the YHWH of the OT right...

now if Jesus is the the only YHWH, who have the title LORD, then JESUS is only ONE person, for the Lord Uses the "I" and "He" only in the OT.

so how is the one PERSON, JESUS, triune?

your answer.
YAHWEH/Jesus is God in three persons called Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But speaking to us as the eternal Son of God or as the Son of Man.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YAHWEH/Jesus is God in three persons called Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But speaking to us as the eternal Son of God or as the Son of Man.
Error, Jesus the Son as your doctrine states is a separate PERSON, so he cannot be YHWH and two other separate PERSONS so that want fly, try again.

D

Dave L

Error, Jesus the Son as your doctrine states is a separate PERSON, so he cannot be YHWH and two other separate PERSONS so that want fly, try again.
How is it Jesus said "before Abraham was I Am". Or John the Baptist who was 6 months older than Jesus said Jesus was before him?
Or: “Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;” (Genesis 19:24) (KJV 1900)

Or; “For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.” (Mark 12:36–37) (KJV 1900)

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Dave L,
This has degenerated into sheer childish oneupmanship ! It should not be a matter of 'winnning' or 'losing', but of mutual edification: and if you have to denegrate your opponent in order to do so then there is something very wrong.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

D

Dave L

@Dave L,
This has degenerated into sheer childish oneupmanship ! It should not be a matter of 'winnning' or 'losing', but of mutual edification: and if you have to denegrate your opponent in order to do so then there is something very wrong.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
“But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.” (1 Corinthians 4:3–5)

Reactions: charity