true Chiliasm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a continuous attempt at reducing Chiliasm, a form of Premillennialism, down to an aberrant form of Amillennialism. The major difference that I can see between ancient Chiliasm and modern Premillennialism is that whereas ancient Chiliasts tended to depreciate the importance of Israel's restoration in the endtimes, modern Premillennialists tend to recognize it, particularly in view of modern Zionism.

The ancient Chiliasts, however, held that even though Christ defeated Satan on the cross, he did not actually bind him in a pit at that time, as we read in Rev 20. Irenaeus plainly puts this binding of Satan at a time right after Antichrist is defeated, which is at the 2nd Coming.

So the idea that ancient Chiliasm advocated for some kind of spiritual Millennial Kingdom in the present age is far off target. Christ's reign cannot even start until after Antichrist is defeated and Satan is bound.

Unfortunately, I have to regularly remind people of this, since we get a steady stream of misinformation on this subject. It might be worth debating the subject. But my experience has been that any opposition to this false account is met with insult and derision. And sadly, it leads to a party spirit in which a position is actually "cheerleaded," rather than explained or proved.

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a continuous attempt at reducing Chiliasm, a form of Premillennialism, down to an aberrant form of Amillennialism. The major difference that I can see between ancient Chiliasm and modern Premillennialism is that whereas ancient Chiliasts tended to depreciate the importance of Israel's restoration in the endtimes, modern Premillennialists tend to recognize it, particularly in view of modern Zionism.

The ancient Chiliasts, however, held that even though Christ defeated Satan on the cross, he did not actually bind him in a pit at that time, as we read in Rev 20. Irenaeus plainly puts this binding of Satan at a time right after Antichrist is defeated, which is at the 2nd Coming.

So the idea that ancient Chiliasm advocated for some kind of spiritual Millennial Kingdom in the present age is far off target. Christ's reign cannot even start until after Antichrist is defeated and Satan is bound.

Unfortunately, I have to regularly remind people of this, since we get a steady stream of misinformation on this subject. It might be worth debating the subject. But my experience has been that any opposition to this false account is met with insult and derision. And sadly, it leads to a party spirit in which a position is actually "cheerleaded," rather than explained or proved.
Randy WPM has your claims in the trash can, it's been 3 years and counting with WPM, how long will man's pride stand?

Your claim of National Salvation for Israel is a fairy Tale!

Your continued opposing threads are silent, Randy's words are silent

Your future dream of a 1,000 year kingdom on this earth where Jews rule is a fairy tale, a man made myth!

The Truth!

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffweeder and WPM

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They tend to "rewrite" things to force their doctrine where it doesn't exist. This is just another example. The early Church was Premill, by any other name, still believed Christ returned BEFORE the thousand years started. Amill was not found until the 3rd century when a Catholic by the name of Gaius opposed the canonization of Revelation.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They tend to "rewrite" things to force their doctrine where it doesn't exist. This is just another example. The early Church was Premill, by any other name, still believed Christ returned BEFORE the thousand years started. Amill was not found until the 3rd century when a Catholic by the name of Gaius opposed the canonization of Revelation.
False claims, the early church fathers saw the eternal kingdom

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Randy WPM has your claims in the trash can, it's been 3 years and counting with WPM, how long will man's pride stand?

And so, the cheerleading continues, along with the failure to address the matter. The quotes I have of Irenaeus and Lactantius are still there, speaking loudly. The point is, Chiliasm emerged from the Jewish Hope. The loss of that hope is a weakness experienced both by Chiliasts and Amillennialists, in my opinion.

Reactions: marks