• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 2:7- And the Lord ("Jehovah" removed) God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Nothing 'Immortal" put in him.

God
told Adam he would DIE (Heb "dying you will die").
Never mentioned 'Hellfire' to him or his offspring.
Satan to Eve she would NOT die.

WHO do YOU believe?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 2:7- And the Lord ("Jehovah" removed) God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God

WHO do YOU believe?

Greetings, Questioner.

Are you suggesting Eve did not die but Adam did?

Reactions: theQuestioneer

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HIH, they both committed treason- both died in that Day.
But what has your church taught?

I don't have a church these days.

But to clarify before I were to answer your question, are you saying then that Satan was lying by saying they were immortal whereas God never said such a thing? I don't want to answer you without having a better handle on what you are proposing.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God

WHO do YOU believe?
God cannot lie. Satan is the father of lies. If you don't believe this, you are either deceived or a satanist.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No- but that what he MEANT!
They wouldn't DIE- that's what being "Immortal" is....

LoL. This may take a little time getting off the ground, so my apologies. I have a tough time with new concepts until I wrap my head completely around them: What I meant was, are you saying (even though you don't agree with him) that Satan was saying they were immortal, whereas God never said such a thing?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

God

WHO do YOU believe?
Hi Questioner,

I trust God and His Word.
Being refused access to the Tree of Life puts immortality on hold for everyone. Check out these cross-references.

Gen 3:22-24 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: (23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. (24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Rev 2:7
He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Rev 22:2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Reactions: Brakelite

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. This may take a little time getting off the ground, so my apologies. I have a tough time with new concepts until I wrap my head completely around them: What I meant was, are you saying (even though you don't agree with him) that Satan was saying they were immortal, whereas God never said such a thing?

An Honest man!
No- I am saying what it SAYS!
No such "Immortality" is stated, so that makes death easy to understand, except in Church Mythology.
He even later spelled it OUT: Gen 3:19- "In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground,
for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Heaven, nor 'Hellfire' is mentioned!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No- I am saying what it SAYS!
No such "Immortality" is stated, so that makes death easy to understand, except in Church Mythology.
He even later spelled it OUT: Gen 3:19- "In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground,
for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Heaven, nor 'Hellfire' is mentioned!

Ok, thanks.

Now, what needs to be clarified here is this: Was Satan taking about immortality in the flesh or spiritually? It seems to me Satan was telling her she would not die in the flesh, because all God's responses including the one you quoted above suggest that this was the subject of the conversation. Spiritual immortality had not entered into the conversation yet, for all they knew about was their earthly existence in the flesh. So when the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die," he was lying to her in telling her that she would not die in the flesh, when in realty she did.

Are we on the same page, or do you disagree?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God

WHO do YOU believe?

You hit the nail on the head sir. Although most people don't realize it, there are 2 Gods; Jehovah and satan, and every single individual serves one of them. So this is a very relevant question for people to consider, as their eternal fate rests upon their choice.

The sad thing is the default god is satan, one doesn't have to do anything to serve him, strange huh, I hope I am wrong on that.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there's two of us? The body dies... But the"real" person doesn't? If Satan knew this, and there's no reason for him not to, then he was telling the truth right?

He was a liar, Backlit. Your theology has you calling God a liar and Satan a truth-teller. See a problem here? LoL.

Still no interest in answering my Israel thread? I created that to discuss things with you and Quiet.

Be blessed,
- H

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, thanks.

Now, what needs to be clarified here is this: Was Satan taking about immortality in the flesh or spiritually? It seems to me Satan was telling her she would not die in the flesh, because all God's responses including the one you quoted above suggest that this was the subject of the conversation. Spiritual immortality had not entered into the conversation yet, for all they knew about was their earthly existence in the flesh. So when the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die," he was lying to her in telling her that she would not die in the flesh, when in realty she did.

Are we on the same page, or do you disagree?

SEEMS so! But you think them alive "spiritually"???
Adam BECAME a living soul- wasn't GIVEN one...

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 42:5- Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth;
He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.-ASV

Yes! But does He breathe an "IMMORTAL SOUL" into him?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 42:5- Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth;
He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.-ASV

Yes! But does He breathe an "IMMORTAL SOUL" into him?

That depends on how you view human beings. If the human spirit lives on after death, then the soul is apparently immortal. Let me ask you: You seem intelligent; enough so that you are likely aware of the numerous passages that suggest the soul lives on after death. What do you do with them?

You can list and respond to some of your favorites. I may bring up a few you hadn't realized were in scripture before. :)

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on how you view human beings. If the human spirit lives on after death, then the soul is apparently immortal. Let me ask you: You seem intelligent; enough so that you are likely aware of the numerous passages that suggest the soul lives on after death. What do you do with them?

You can list and respond to some of your favorites. I may bring up a few you hadn't realized were in scripture before. :)

These are misquoted.
But according to THEM, where are Adam & Eve- if they DIDN'T die?

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but first answer the question- where is Adam and Eve?
And you forgot God Himself when He spelled death out:

Gen 3:19- In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground,
for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.

Shouldn't He be the Absolute Source of Authority on the matter?