Trust In The Midst Of Confusion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Trust In The Midst Of Confusion”
By Zach Wood
John 14:1 NLT
Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

Ever had someone tell you that you were going to do something together or go somewhere and, at first, it totally confused you? But then the person said, “I know you don’t understand, but just trust me.” You probably followed, wondering what in the world was going to happen. You were a little hesitant and perhaps your heart was pumping fast, but you still followed close behind and waited to see what would happen.

There are many situations in which we become frustrated because we don’t “get” something and it takes a while for us to finally figure out what is happening or the leader/teacher doesn’t explain fully for a certain period of time. Why? Perhaps the person wants us to completely trust in their leading and not trust in our own understanding.

It is definitely hard to follow when we don’t get what is going on in life. There are a lot of times we don’t get what’s happening and it causes frustration. At first, we may have a really bad reaction and get angry at the person who is holding information back from us. They have reason for it and won’t let us in on all the info until later. Often we’re like, “Hey, don’t leave me hanging!” It’s not fun when we don’t know all the details. We feel troubled and unaware.

If you’re anything like me, things can “throw you” when you first feel troubled and unsure of what’s going on. I often don’t like when things suddenly change. It depends on the situation, but often I don’t adjust well. I have to stop and think and ask God for strength to adapt to the newness, whatever that might be. I don’t like to be troubled by things unaware. It can be very confusing at times when life throws me curve balls.

Jesus tells His men not be troubled. He wants them to trust in Him. He doesn’t want them to fret because He’s got everything under control. It is hard to trust in the midst of confusion, but He tells us to fully rely on Him and trust.

I have learned in the past years that it’s vital to trust even when things seem to not make any sense. He is always working in ways we cannot see and we just have to trust Him.

If you are struggling in life right now and in the midst of confusion, hang in there! Trust in Him! Don’t give up! Don’t throw in the towel. Trust in Him and He will not let you down. Hang tight just a little longer. Don’t be troubled. Let Him lead and see what awesome opportunities He has for your future. Trust Him in the midst of your confusion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many situations in which we become frustrated because we don’t “get” something and it takes a while for us to finally figure out what is happening or the leader/teacher doesn’t explain fully for a certain period of time. Why? Perhaps the person wants us to completely trust in their leading and not trust in our own understanding.

Hi hldude33,

I think it's my flesh that balks at not being able to understand.

For me, I relate this to my ongoing challenge to trust not in the provision, but in the Provider.

When I feel like I need to understand, or to see it around me, it's my need to find assurance in my circumstance.

But God, I think, withholds that assurance, and instead provides for my growth circumstances that lack any assurance, forcing me to go to God for my assurance.

I was just reading yesterday about the disciples in the boat with Jesus. These are men of the sea. They know their boat. It's about to swamp. They are going down. The storm is raging. Jesus, don't you care?

"Oh, you have such small faith!"

Good post!

Much love!
Mark

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi hldude33,

I think it's my flesh that balks at not being able to understand.

For me, I relate this to my ongoing challenge to trust not in the provision, but in the Provider.

When I feel like I need to understand, or to see it around me, it's my need to find assurance in my circumstance.

But God, I think, withholds that assurance, and instead provides for my growth circumstances that lack any assurance, forcing me to go to God for my assurance.

I was just reading yesterday about the disciples in the boat with Jesus. These are men of the sea. They know their boat. It's about to swamp. They are going down. The storm is raging. Jesus, don't you care?

"Oh, you have such small faith!"

Good post!

Much love!
Mark
When we are in confusion God will touch our hearts to comfort us and guide us to answer. The that answering the Bible, the spouse or in someone else who can guide us.

God never leaves us in an untenable situation without an.

That is where faith enters in.