TV evangelists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have one in particular that I listen to. He comes on very early in the morning so I have to stay up late, but it's more than worth it.I know there are a lot of con artists out there and you must be careful with whom you listen to. I turn away the moment I starting hearing about the $50 dollar seed that you need to plant with this ministry to please God. I think it becomes quite clear who is truly teaching the Word and who is not.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have to agree with the opinion of the teacher that I like to listen to. If you're doing the right thing then God will provide for you. When you run telethons and spend the majority of the show asking for a financial "seed" and donations, then there's a problem.

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
There's a station here that is just about christianity, and every 3-5 hours there's a message. What bothers me is when I sit and watch it for a few hours and on the bottom flashing the whole time, "call 1-800... and make a donation of $100" and even if you call, some won't take less than $100. What if someone can only give $75 as a donation? That's the one problem I've had. If you're getting money... and not even sending a thank you letter, what is wrong with the amount?Aaron

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is pretty clear on giving of what you have and not of what you don't have to give. That's why I too have a problem with what some of these that would call themselves "men of God" say when it comes to tithing. I don't see anything in the Bible about giving no less than $100.

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
I was reading a story about a year ago how one person used their credit card, and found themselves charged each week, without permission. It's a cold world, and it's pretty disturbing that people that claim to be "men of God" are milking them dry. It's quite sad that you see these things happening, and all in the name of Jesus. Aaron

bac2nowere

Jun 15, 2006
There is a local christain channel where I live that has this pastor on it that will give you, if you call, this prayer cloth that will make your prayers be answered. Oh yea if have to give a donation, I think it was like 30 dollars or something. I hope that I misundertood this guy. But, I am sure this what he said. Things like this really bugs me.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
it just goes to prove that the real famine of the end times is for the true word of God when there are so many people that are so hungry that they believe this kind of stuff and dont know that Gods blessings are free to whom ever asks.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. All the money in the world will not save you. While it is good to give to God and to those who do work truly in his name, this needs to be a private matter given to the place that you are fed the word of God. For someone to sit up there for the majority of the program and talk about money and tell them that God needs their money in order for them to be blessed, well, the Bible is clear on that (read Malachi chapters 3 and 4).

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
These gospel merchants will not be welcome in the Kingdom of God. They have taken a precious gift of the Holy Ghost and have been charged to nurture the saints, but instead have used these gifts for corrution and financial gain. Their garments reek of filth before the throne and the Lord is very angry with them. They will find themselves exposed as virgins with no oil when the time of accounting comes.

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
(Lyte)
Do you listen to any Tv evangelists? If so, who do you like... or dislike?I listen to Kenneth Copland and Creflo Dollar. Lyte
I am so grateful for *** Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsey and John Hagee.I like the way Kenneth Copland sings............Lion of Juda

Status
Not open for further replies.