TV Shows

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the last TV show you watched?

I just finished watching The Orville. It's a new show on Fox.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We don't actually watch TV as in the thousands now, of cable programs. I can't stand the news or the adverts. ( Dave watches sports, so we do have cable)
We do watch Netflix and I buy endless TV series from Amazon.
Mostly I buy detective shows...but mostly British...it gives us a taste of the old homeland. :)
That said...we did just finish season 1 of 'TIMELESS.' ( time travel to catch the bad guy ) It was a slow starter but by episode three it was the back story which really drove the excitement...but the front story was very interesting...and well done.
I have low tolerance for F words, and there were none at all in this, a couple of kisses, but no sex...some humour, and lots of excitement... a lot of shooting too but no ugly 'blood and guts'....so for us..we really liked it. It is worth a watch. :)

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi
B

Butterfly

my favourite program at the moment is ' outlander ' on Amazon prime - but the last thing I watched was ' Lewis ' ( British crime series that followed ' inspector Morse ' ) it's set in Oxford.
What ones do you watch Godsgrace ?
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

I can't actually remember. I haven't watched television for about 15+ years :confused:
Wow - I am not sure I could go without it completely, but recognise that it has become a tool for distraction !
Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Butterfly I have the whole set of seasons of Morse. And also Lewis , LOVE 'em.
I also have all 20 seasons of Midsomer Murders...I love all the idilic English Villages...shades of times gone by. I also have all the seasons of Foyles War...love that, love the acting. Filmed in Hastings as you know...my kids were born there .
In fact, now I think of all the series I have on the shelves , I could probably have bought a brand new expensive van with the money :D :) ;) :D
But we get our money's worth...we have re watched most series more than once. The advantage of being old is ...they are like new...we forget the plot! Haha!

B

Butterfly

@Butterfly I have the whole set of seasons of Morse. And also Lewis , LOVE 'em.
I also have all 20 seasons of Midsomer Murders...I love all the idilic English Villages...shades of times gone by. I also have all the seasons of Foyles War...love that, love the acting. Filmed in Hastings as you know...my kids were born there .
In fact, now I think of all the series I have on the shelves , I could probably have bought a brand new expensive van with the money :D :) ;) :D
But we get our money's worth...we have re watched most series more than once. The advantage of being old is ...they are like new...we forget the plot! Haha!
I love all those as well- have you watched ' endeavour ' - it's the younger life of morse , that's also brilliant and on Netflix. Another series worth watching, but sadly not on Netflix, is ' inspector George gently ' it's set in the 60's ( Martin shaw plays the inspector ) X
Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love all those as well- have you watched ' endeavour ' - it's the younger life of morse , that's also brilliant and on Netflix. Another series worth watching, but sadly not on Netflix, is ' inspector George gently ' it's set in the 60's ( Martin shaw plays the inspector ) X
Butterfly

Yes, I have the series of Endevour and also George Gently...which I believe has finished now
We also like DCI Banks....( finished now)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Amazing thing happened yesterday. A friend came over with his daughter and she wanted to watch TV. It. Seem out of focus so my friend tried to adjust it. We have a freeview connected to the TV set because TVs in NZ were changed from analogue to digital which meant that we need to have a freeview receiver to watch TV here. Any way, the freeview had a password on it for some unknown reason and he couldn't adjust the set. I had no idea what the password was cause the techie that installed it did not mention anything about a password. We tried everything but nothing worked I finally asked him to pray to God and ask for it but he suggested that I pray, so I did. I asked Father to give me the password for the freeview receiver in Jesus name. My friend asked, well? I said that it had lots of zeros in it, so he imputed all zeros and it unlocked. I had to laugh because it was so random and very much a God moment. He is good!

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just watched a bit of Inspector Frost tonight, I don't usually watch that much, other shows i like are Murdoch Mysteries, Father Brown, Death in Paradise, Walker Texas Ranger, MacGyver, Some Mothers Do Ave Em, and i do like watching sport here and there, my favorites to watch would be AFL, Soccer and Tennis.

Reactions: Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just watched a bit of Inspector Frost tonight, I don't usually watch that much, other shows i like are Murdoch Mysteries, Father Brown, Death in Paradise, Walker Texas Ranger, MacGyver, Some Mothers Do Ave Em, and i do like watching sport here and there, my favorites to watch would be AFL, Soccer and Tennis.

You have some wonderful Ozy shows which we are buying on Amazon too...one we love is Brokenwood the other is Doctor Blake. ( both investigations ) We totally enjoyed A Place Called Home for a while..but the heavy push of the gay agenda got a bit sickening by season three. I didn't mind the heartaches of season 1 and 2, I could take that, but I hate it "pushed in your face" ...pity, they are all wonderful actors.
Maybe Brokenwood is NZ and not OZ...but great....we are doing season three of Doctor Blake right now....love it! :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since my husband and I moved in with our son and wife and 8 children, we have not seen TV.........

Except for buying used tape's or renting cheap ones.... money does not go far with 8 children... Food comes first.
and you would not believe how much they can eat........ and no candy.... because we eat healthy , organic when possible
and no sugar no white flour .. etc.....
I kind of do not miss the TV, there just seemed to be so much bad stuff on and getting worse.

I had watch a old black and white movie before we moved and I was shocked, they had put back swearing were they had
deleted it before. I sure would not want to watch it any more...

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a TV thread but I feel there is a need for this. The cost of renting and buying movies can be quite high and most video outlets don't have a "Christian only" section. Here is a link to a boat load of free christian movies. Yes they're from Youtube, but Youtube isn't the demon everyone believes it is.

Enjoy. :)

christian movies - YouTube

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last show I watched was "The Lone Ranger". The one with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

Reactions: Helen