Two masters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word of God has two understandings, Good and evil. Like parables, earthly teachings with heavenly meanings. The earthly teachings and the heavenly teachings are as two masters. Man has to choose the one or the other because you will love the one and hate the other. The heavenly teachings are the words of the kingdom and Spirit. So it is the Spirit we need seek and that being the Spiritual understanding.
I'll show you some.

Jesus walked on the water and calmed the storm. When Jesus was asleep the waves were rocking the boat and they were afraid and he said ye of little faith.
Spirit, Jesus never sinks into that sea of iniquity and moves over the waters. He comes to the church ( the boat ) and raises his hands of council and the storms of discontent, the waves of treachery are calmed. Like Peter, if you take his hand, take his council and never sink into that great sea of iniquity.
If you hunger for God it is the bread of understanding you must eat and if you thirst for God it is the waters of wisdom you need drink.
Knowledge of God is light and void of it is darkness so Jesus is the knowledge of God and the life is the Spirit or Spiritual understanding. To be in darkness is to be blind. Not having ears to hear is deaf.
Beast have no understanding and fish swim in the sea of disbelief and selfishness. Trees are people rooted in the word of God and the fruit of their labor in the word is knowledge.
Satan is the liar and lies are like venum of a snake that kill you and this is evil so he is the tree that bears the fruit of good and evil.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of God has two understandings, Good and evil. Like parables, earthly teachings with heavenly meanings. The earthly teachings and the heavenly teachings are as two masters. Man has to choose the one or the other because you will love the one and hate the other. The heavenly teachings are the words of the kingdom and Spirit. So it is the Spirit we need seek and that being the Spiritual understanding.
I'll show you some.

Jesus walked on the water and calmed the storm. When Jesus was asleep the waves were rocking the boat and they were afraid and he said ye of little faith.
Spirit, Jesus never sinks into that sea of iniquity and moves over the waters. He comes to the church ( the boat ) and raises his hands of council and the storms of discontent, the waves of treachery are calmed. Like Peter, if you take his hand, take his council and never sink into that great sea of iniquity.
If you hunger for God it is the bread of understanding you must eat and if you thirst for God it is the waters of wisdom you need drink.
Knowledge of God is light and void of it is darkness so Jesus is the knowledge of God and the life is the Spirit or Spiritual understanding. To be in darkness is to be blind. Not having ears to hear is deaf.
Beast have no understanding and fish swim in the sea of disbelief and selfishness. Trees are people rooted in the word of God and the fruit of their labor in the word is knowledge.
Satan is the liar and lies are like venum of a snake that kill you and this is evil so he is the tree that bears the fruit of good and evil.

The parables you said are “earthly teachings with heavenly meaning.” Agree. Yet What gets confusing is entangling the two. On the topic of “two masters”:

Matthew 25:25-27
[25] And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. [26] His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Obviously this man’s Lord and master is: you should have put my money to the exchangers. You wicked and slothful servant.

Matthew 21:11-13 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee. [12] And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, [13] And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

A den of thieves
... “thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers” ...is one master...but hopefully it is seen this master is not the master of those born of God. The Lord fashioned a whip and overturned tables to run those who sold and exchanged money out of His temple. To entangle the two masters is the same as entangling the ministration of condemnation and the ministration of Righteousness. The two are not the same: One is unto death which is to be done away with. And the other is unto Life everlasting. In parables of “money changers” : A seed must go in to the ground and die OR it abides alone and does not bear fruit.

You can not serve two masters in the parable. It is either: “you wicked slothful servant” “Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.”
^ to spiritualize the parable and command He means spiritual gifts...then the voice of the Master cannot remain the same voice of one of condemnation; entangling the two. If this is the master we love who commands increase of his “usury”..Then we will LOVE the one master...He who says “give me my increase” and hate the other Master who says ... “it is buried in the ground ...laid up in a napkin...” “Give it to Me all you heavy laden and burdened, take on My Yoke, and God (the Father)will give the increase.” Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The LORD and Master: “My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.” If this is the MASTER we love ...then we would hate the master who demands increase by works of men and mammon and love the Master who does indeed take that which is buried and dead...and BEHOLD we live! treasure hidden in a field ...one who sells all to purchase...God gives the increase.

You cannot serve two masters. The parable of the cursed fig tree ...literally fig trees bear fruit. Going to His parables and applying His teachings to a literal fig tree makes God a liar...since literally they bear figs. It wasn’t the fig tree cursed. Going to parables spoken before thieves who covet money and respect persons...and saying the voice of heavy laden labour applies to Spiritual fruit and increase which by nature(is Spiritual) condemns rather than edifies ...entangling two Masters...both man sells as having the same voice. You can not serve mammon and God.

Bury that talent ...Bury that voice of death; heavy laden with burdens they would never help you to move.
God is our help.
God gives the increase

You can not serve two masters: either you will love the one who lays the burden upon between your shoulders and hate the other Master who says “cast all your cares upon Me.”

Or you will love this Master Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

And hate the liar, and the thief, and the murderer...
who takes life rather than gives it.

Which master do you love?

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll show you some.

John taught on the two ways in his epistle too. In chapter 1 he contrasts light verses darkness. And chapter three is contrasting following Jesus vs. following Satan.

BTW, the event of when Jesus was asleep. What conclusion did you make as to what the disciples SHOULD have done? I'll tell you mine after you tell me yours. LOL

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John taught on the two ways in his epistle too. In chapter 1 he contrasts light verses darkness. And chapter three is contrasting following Jesus vs. following Satan.

BTW, the event of when Jesus was asleep. What conclusion did you make as to what the disciples SHOULD have done? I'll tell you mine after you tell me yours. LOL
John's First Epistle also brings out the contrast between light and darkness as regards matters of faith and walk.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The parables you said are “earthly teachings with heavenly meaning.” Agree. Yet What gets confusing is entangling the two. On the topic of “two masters”:

Matthew 25:25-27
[25] And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. [26] His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Obviously this man’s Lord and master is: you should have put my money to the exchangers. You wicked and slothful servant.

Matthew 21:11-13 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee. [12] And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, [13] And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

A den of thieves
... “thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers” ...is one master...but hopefully it is seen this master is not the master of those born of God. The Lord fashioned a whip and overturned tables to run those who sold and exchanged money out of His temple. To entangle the two masters is the same as entangling the ministration of condemnation and the ministration of Righteousness. The two are not the same: One is unto death which is to be done away with. And the other is unto Life everlasting. In parables of “money changers” : A seed must go in to the ground and die OR it abides alone and does not bear fruit.

You can not serve two masters in the parable. It is either: “you wicked slothful servant” “Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.”
^ to spiritualize the parable and command He means spiritual gifts...then the voice of the Master cannot remain the same voice of one of condemnation; entangling the two. If this is the master we love who commands increase of his “usury”..Then we will LOVE the one master...He who says “give me my increase” and hate the other Master who says ... “it is buried in the ground ...laid up in a napkin...” “Give it to Me all you heavy laden and burdened, take on My Yoke, and God (the Father)will give the increase.” Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The LORD and Master: “My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.” If this is the MASTER we love ...then we would hate the master who demands increase by works of men and mammon and love the Master who does indeed take that which is buried and dead...and BEHOLD we live! treasure hidden in a field ...one who sells all to purchase...God gives the increase.

You cannot serve two masters. The parable of the cursed fig tree ...literally fig trees bear fruit. Going to His parables and applying His teachings to a literal fig tree makes God a liar...since literally they bear figs. It wasn’t the fig tree cursed. Going to parables spoken before thieves who covet money and respect persons...and saying the voice of heavy laden labour applies to Spiritual fruit and increase which by nature(is Spiritual) condemns rather than edifies ...entangling two Masters...both man sells as having the same voice. You can not serve mammon and God.

Bury that talent ...Bury that voice of death; heavy laden with burdens they would never help you to move.
God is our help.
God gives the increase

You can not serve two masters: either you will love the one who lays the burden upon between your shoulders and hate the other Master who says “cast all your cares upon Me.”

Or you will love this Master Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

And hate the liar, and the thief, and the murderer...
who takes life rather than gives it.

Which master do you love?
Good exhortation there! :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds like you have been reading some Gnostic literature.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds like you have been reading some Gnostic literature.

Everything there can be found in the book of psalms with a touch of Ecclesiasticus from the Apocrypha and I sort of knew you would say that. I do like the gnostics too but it is better I find myself always seeking more wisdom and understanding. Sounds like you know them yourself.
When I pray I say things like this. Father, my heavenly Father. Teach me, Lord, that I may see things threw your eyes and understand what it is that pleases you and makes me an upright man. Give me the power to raise you up above all things and show your perfect image. Give me eyes to see the majesty of your kingdom and ears to hear your glorious voice. Give me a tongue that praises you always. Give me a heart filled with truth and all deceit removed.
You say raise me up and I will draw all men unto you and if it is possible, give me the ability to provide the means that others may attain righteousness threw me that I may deliver them to you.

Reactions: amadeus

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If your talking about of when he was asleep in the Ship.
People in the church, it is them that Jesus is asleep to because of their lack of faith. Faith is the believing in the things not seen and it is referring to not seen in the scriptures but still in secret to them and they are not dead but asleep. The storms begin when they fall asleep and if they are asleep, Jesus is asleep to them and then rises storms of discontent with the waves of terror. The winds blow and the rains come but when they wake up to the truth, the storms are calmed.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your talking about of when he was asleep in the Ship.
People in the church, it is them that Jesus is asleep to because of their lack of faith. Faith is the believing in the things not seen and it is referring to not seen in the scriptures but still in secret to them and they are not dead but asleep. The storms begin when they fall asleep and if they are asleep, Jesus is asleep to them and then rises storms of discontent with the waves of terror. The winds blow and the rains come but when they wake up to the truth, the storms are calmed.

This was an actual event, not a metaphor. What physically were the disciples to do during the storm while Jesus was asleep?

(The answer is the same thing I do during tornado warnings)

Reactions: marks

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was an actual event, not a metaphor. What physically were the disciples to do during the storm while Jesus was asleep?

(The answer is the same thing I do during tornado warnings)
What is it you want me to say. That event took place two thousand years ago. He is still doing this event now and I'm sure somewhere every day. I don't care .about them in a storm way back then.These things teaches use about situations and how we deal with them. And people, how we wake up Jesus in their heart.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it you want me to say. That event took place two thousand years ago. He is still doing this event now and I'm sure somewhere every day. I don't care .about them in a storm way back then.These things teaches use about situations and how we deal with them. And people, how we wake up Jesus in their heart.

You should care to know what Jesus was angry with them over. So what if it was 2000 years ago, it was recorded for us NOW.

So what should the disciples have actually done?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should care to know what Jesus was angry with them over. So what if it was 2000 years ago, it was recorded for us NOW.

So what should the disciples have actually done?
Something they in their flesh alone simply could not do yet, trust God and His Son... more! They depended on Jesus and believed on him in a measure as seen by the fact that they followed him, but their doubts came to the fore when he was asleep and they feared for their carnal lives against the storm. This greater trust they needed is what scripture names as faith and which is described here:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

Jesus admonished them according the too little faith that they had:

"And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm." Matt 8:26

In time most of them did grow in faith according to what we know. Paul writes of it here:

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something they in their flesh alone simply could not do yet, trust God and His Son... more! They depended on Jesus and believed on him in a measure as seen by the fact that they followed him, but their doubts came to the fore when he was asleep and they feared for their carnal lives against the storm. This greater trust they needed is what scripture names as faith and which is described here:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

Jesus admonished them according the too little faith that they had:

"And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm." Matt 8:26

In time most of them did grow in faith according to what we know. Paul writes of it here:

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

You're on the right path, so seeing as it has to do with trusting Jesus, what should they have done at that time while Jesus was curled up and asleep?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're on the right path, so seeing as it has to do with trusting Jesus, what should they have done at that time while Jesus was curled up and asleep?
When we are uncertain, in doubt, it is never wrong to go to Jesus. We don't have Him as a man in the flesh as they did, but we may indeed and should approach Him when we are in need. They did the right thing. Should they have simply set back and trusted? If their faith was so strong as that perhaps, but as we see it was not.

Jesus doesn't not drive away children. On the contrary he admonished his followers when they want to drive away the children. Those fishermen on that boat were children, spiritually, helpless and without understanding, but they knew that if anyone could help them it would be the Master. They rightly went to Him, even though he made them recognize that their faith was little. Little it was, but with Jesus along, it was more than enough.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we are uncertain, in doubt, it is never wrong to go to Jesus. We don't have Him as a man in the flesh as they did, but we may indeed and should approach Him when we are in need. They did the right thing. Should they have simply set back and trusted? If their faith was so strong as that perhaps, but as we see it was not.

Jesus doesn't not drive away children. On the contrary he admonished his followers when they want to drive away the children. Those fishermen on that boat were children, spiritually, helpless and without understanding, but they knew that if anyone could help them it would be the Master. They rightly went to Him, even though he made them recognize that their faith was little. Little it was, but with Jesus along, it was more than enough.
This whole event was for the glory of God the father. Otherwise, why would there even be a storm if Jesus was in the boat? Its there to teach us when we have storms of discontent from people in the world outside the church, that sea of disbelief, get back to studying the bible and Jesus will awaken and calm the seas. The seas are the people outside the church, where we go fishing when we are fishers of men. Think not what we should do or say, the Holy Spirit will teach us that very hour.
One girl says not in metaphoric It is threw these things the Lord teaches us and seeking understanding of these things is seeking the kingdom and God.
To the lady who keeps asking the question. There was nothing they could do to change things. The whole thing happened so we could learn from it but I guess you need ears to hear to understand it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This whole event was for the glory of God the father. Otherwise, why would there even be a storm if Jesus was in the boat? Its there to teach us when we have storms of discontent from people in the world outside the church, that sea of disbelief, get back to studying the bible and Jesus will awaken and calm the seas. The seas are the people outside the church, where we go fishing when we are fishers of men. Think not what we should do or say, the Holy Spirit will teach us that very hour.
One girl says not in metaphoric It is threw these things the Lord teaches us and seeking understanding of these things is seeking the kingdom and God.
To the lady who keeps asking the question. There was nothing they could do to change things. The whole thing happened so we could learn from it but I guess you need ears to hear to understand it.

and @amadeus

Jesus didn't want them to do anything, but look to Him. HE WAS LYING PEACEFULLY IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT. They should have joined Him and gone to sleep. Nothing bad was going to happen to them as long as they were trusting and abiding in Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and @amadeus

Jesus didn't want them to do anything, but look to Him. HE WAS LYING PEACEFULLY IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT. They should have joined Him and gone to sleep. Nothing bad was going to happen to them as long as they were trusting and abiding in Jesus.
What they should have done ideally is seldom the way that a men, even a believing men, usually go, is it?