Two Types Of Repenters That Find Damnation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got two guys.....they both try to Repent of their sins because they believe that it is how one gets Saved......
The first guy is a successful Repenter—- He is sorry every time he sins and he experiences guilt and remorse and he vows to do better and indeed, he “ does” do better.....he manages to rise above the sins in his life......
The second guy—— he ain’t so lucky.He struggles and fails almost all of the time.....he tries to remember all of his sins and he tries to “ do better”, but he just can’t manage to repent as successfully as the other guy......
The bad news is that both of these guys are Lost.Why? Those that try to get Saved by Repenting have forgotten a few things—— Obsession with Repentance can keep you from Believing and Trusting in Jesus for Salvation.....there is no acknowledgement of Mercy or Grace......no Credit is Given to the Shed Blood which turned out to be the “ Actual” thing that Saved lost Sinners....
Salvation is all about the Acceptance Of a FREE GIFT.....Those trying to be Justified by their ability to Repent have Rejected that Free Gift where Jesus gets all of the Glory and they get None.....They demanded that others had to Repent Of “ their” sins and of course they NEVER really gave up all of the Sins in their lives —— its a Fool’s Errand to think that you can rid yourself of ALL the Sin in your life.....even if you did and became a perfect Performer Of the Law, you will discover that you wasted your time.....it's like playing by the Rules Of Checkers when the “ game” being played was Chess. Why? “ By The Works Of The Law , NO FLESH shall be JUSTIFIED, and those that put their Faith in “ Repenting From Sin” turned it into a Work....
“ Turning From Sin” is a good thing to do, but it is not the Formula for Salvation.....we are not Saved by what “ WE” do —— no matter how great and good it sounds—— that’s for “ itching ears “ .....We are Saved by what JESUS did and our BELIEF in what HE accomplished FOR us .....Relying on Repentance for Salvation won’t get the job done.....it ain’t what we “ DID”, it’s what we “ BELIEVED”, as in “ BELIEVE in The Lord Jesus and Thou Shalt be Saved”.....
Remember this.....if your “Salvation Plan” sneaks in anything that “ YOU” get Credit for.....You are one the Wrong Track.......HE gets ALL the Glory for your Salvation and YOU get NONE! Even if you are the best little repenter of sins that ever lived.....

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“ Turning From Sin” is a good thing to do, but it is not the Formula for Salvation.

Turning from sin is a natural process that occurs when we take the time to know the FULL nature of God. The closer we get to the heart of God... the more we get to know His nature and thus... the less we sin because we want to please Him.

Sanctification would be our life-long journey on a scale.... If we focus on the ONE who died for us... and how BLESSED we are as His children... we would be a joyful, compassionate bunch of people making the entire world jealous. Sadly... many forgot to get that memo.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got two guys.....they both try to Repent of their sins because they believe that is his ine gets Saved......
The first guy is a successful Repenter—- He is sorry every time he sins and he experiences guilt and remorse and he vows to do better and indeed, he “ does” do better.....he manages to rise above the sins in his life......
The second guy—— he ain’t so lucky.He struggles and fails almost all of the time.....he tries to remember all of his sins and he tries to “ do better”, but he just can’t manage to repent as successfully as the other guy......
The bad news is that both of these guys are Lost.Why? Those that try to get Saved by Repenting have forgotten a few things—— Obsession with Repentance can keep you from Believing and Trusting in Jesus for Salvation.....there is no acknowledgement of Mercy or Grace......no Credit is Given to the Shed Blood which turned out to be the “ Actual” thing that Saved lost Sinners....
Salvation is all about the Acceptance Of a FREE GIFT.....Those trying to be Justified by their ability to Repent have Rejected that Free Gift where Jesus gets all of the Glory and they get None.....They demanded that others had to Repent Of “ their” sins and of course they NEVER really gave up all of the Sins in their lives —— its a Fool’s Errand to think that you can rid yourself of ALL the Sin in your life.....even if you did and became a perfect Performer Of the Law, you will discover that you wasted your time.....it's like playing by the Rules Of Checkers when the “ game” being played was Chess. Why? “ By The Works Of The Law , NO FLESH shall be JUSTIFIED, and those that put their Faith in “ Repenting From Sin” turned it into a Work....
“ Turning From Sin” is a good thing to do, but it is not the Formula for Salvation.....we are not Saved by what “ WE” do —— no matter how great and good it sounds—— that’s for “ itching ears “ .....We are Saved by what JESUS did and our BELIEF in what HE accomplished FOR us .....Relying on Repentance for Salvation won’t get the job done.....it ain’t what we “ DID”, it’s what we “ BELIEVED”, as in “ BELIEVE in The Lord Jesus and Thou Shalt be Saved”.....
Remember this.....if your “Salvation Plan” sneaks in anything that “ YOU” get Credit for.....You are one the Wrong Track.......HE gets ALL the Glory for your Salvation and YOU get NONE! Even if you are the best little repenter of sins that ever lived.....

Well said BB. It's going to be very difficult for some folks on this forum to understand what you have said.

They will take out of context your view on repentance, watch and see!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He must be bored because he knows EXACTLY what kind of response his threads get... LOL

Lol.....I never get bored trying to pound into people’s head that it really IS Nothing But The Blood.....the Legalists, The Spreaders Of Leaven and the Tares In here? Pfffttt.....they don’t bother me a bit.....arguing with these clowns is like shooting fish in a barrel.....I enjoy using these poorly taught and confused beings as a “ Springboard” to get the Truth Of God's Gospel Of Grace out there to all of those that will never hear it in their pathetic “ churches”.......
The False, Perverted Gospels trotted out here are things that Newbies are going to encounter out there in the Real World.....With the help Of me and others, they can come in here and get some “ Ammo” to defend themselves against the countless “ Religionists” out there......
Being God's “ Pit-Bull” against Leaven and the Religionists That spread it, seems to be my Calling....what an honor ! I LOVE it and like FDR , I WELCOME the hatred of my enemies..... God bless....

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Galatians 3:14, we find that we receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ.

In Galatians 5:22-23, we find that if anyone bears the fruit of the Spirit (which is love, the bond of perfectness, Colossians 3:14), that there is no law in existence that will condemn their behaviour.

In other words, those who bear the fruit of the Spirit become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom of heaven.

It is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

Because we do not obtain this righteousness through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts; but through faith in Jesus Christ, by which we obtain the Holy Ghost.

The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

The one who is born of God "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9) and the one who doeth the will of God abideth ("sinneth not", 1 John 3:6) for ever (1 John 2:17).

I do believe that if someone is not circumcised of heart (i.e. they have not yet been perfected in their walk), that righteousness is still imputed to them if they have faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 4:11).

But why would anyone who has the Holy Spirit want to continue to live a lifestyle that is characterized by sin (Romans 7:14-25)? According to Romans 7:24, the attitude of someone in that state who is born again or about to become born again, is that they are discontented with such a lifestyle.

I may not seek entire sanctification because of the possibility of condemnation if I do not obtain that benefit. But I might seek it because of the "chastening of the Lord"...in that my conscience afflicts me when I don't measure up to what the Lord desires for me in the way of holiness. I am discontented with being in such a state; and therefore the doctrine of entire sanctification is good news to me (found in such verses as 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT)).

And there is the possibility that those who have not received the second benefit are not saved at all. I know that Bible scholars more intelligent than myself have made that conclusion.

So, why would anyone want to take a chance on the idea that they can make it into the kingdom of heaven apart from entire sanctification / genuine repentance? While there are verses that might seem to say that I can have righteousness imputed to me apart from that benefit, they do not present an airtight case for that concept.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....I never get bored trying to pound into people’s head that it really IS Nothing But The Blood.....the Legalists, The Spreaders Of Leaven and the Tares In here? Pfffttt.....they don’t bother me a bit.....arguing with these clowns is like shooting fish in a barrel.....I enjoy using these poorly taught and confused beings as a “ Springboard” to get the Truth Of God's Gospel Of Grace out there to all of those that will never hear it in their pathetic “ churches”.......
The False, Perverted Gospels trotted out here are things that Newbies are going to encounter out there in the Real World.....With the help Of me and others, they can come in here and get some “ Ammo” to defend themselves against the countless “ Religionists” out there......
Being God's “ Pit-Bull” against Leaven and the Religionists That spread it, seems to be my Calling....what an honor ! I LOVE it and like FDR , I WELCOME the hatred of my enemies..... God bless....

Eze 13:22, Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

It is not that anyone hates you, @Blood Bought 1953...

For I also grieve on your behalf for the fact that you are going to be held accountable by the Lord over the fact that you have promised life to those who have not repented of their sins and you tell them that they do not need to repent; and they will still have life.

You have made my heart sad; because not only are you leading many astray from the truth, but you yourself are not going to enter the kingdom if you keep this up.

Because if your words and actions are responsible for others not entering the kingdom, what makes you think that you are going to enter into the kingdom yourself?

2Pe 2:18, For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19, While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20, For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21, For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22, But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 13:22, Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

It is not that anyone hates you, @Blood Bought 1953...

For I also grieve on your behalf for the fact that you are going to be held accountable by the Lord over the fact that you have promised life to those who have not repented of their sins and you tell them that they do not need to repent; and they will still have life.

You have made my heart sad; because not only are you leading many astray from the truth, but you yourself are not going to enter the kingdom if you keep this up.

Because if your words and actions are responsible for others not entering the kingdom, what makes you think that you are going to enter into the kingdom yourself?

2Pe 2:18, For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19, While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20, For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21, For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22, But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Everything that you think of me? I think the same about you.So now what? Is this what is known as a “ Mexican Stand -Off ?”....

One Thing that I like about my way of thinking is that in the End, ol’ BB gets zero credit for anything, and Jesus gets ALL of the Credit—- ALL of the Glory. I think that whoever is the closest to getting things Right is the one that ends up giving Jesus the MOST Glory and themselves the LEAST.....
I claim absolutely NOTHING to “Glory” of..... I give Jesus ALL of the Credit.....
You, on the hand , give Jesus plenty of Credit, but you have reserved just a little bit of room to give “ yourself” a tad......you are “ helping Jesus out” .... you leave yourself just a little bit “ to Glory Of” because of your Ability to remember and repent all of your sins before you do....
To some extent you will be able to boast a little about how you “ did your part”...... Now me? For BB it’s just like another great song goes.....”Rock Of Ages”......”NOTHING Of myself I bring, Simply to the Cross I Cling .....”

You bring “something”.....and I am not saying that you try to bring a lot of stuff.... I am just saying that YOU bring” something” , and I bring “ NOTHING”

I think God likes my Approach.....my “ Take” , or in other words, my Doctrine better than He likes yours....I could be wrong, but I believe that God is STILL a “Jealous God “ who wants ALL of the Glory for His Son.....I can live with that ....only Jesus DESERVES any Glory.....
I would wager that I am probably 10 times the Sinner That you are......Having admitted “ that”, I bet God is better pleased with my Life than He is with yours, simply because I give Him ALL the Glory for Everything and YOU don’t.......I think you need to Repent and get on board with me.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, on the hand , give Jesus plenty of Credit, but you have reserved just a little bit of room to give “ yourself” a tad......you are “ helping Jesus out” .... you leave yourself just a little bit “ to Glory Of” because of your Ability to remember and repent all of your sins before you do...

Jesus gets all the glory for what He has done in me. See Philippians 2:13, for example. Or, Ezekiel 36:27.

As for my being able to remember all of my sins so that I can repent of them, I don't do that either. The Holy Spirit pinpoints those sins and brings them to my attention as I walk in the light as He is in the light. And yes, He is the one who works in me both to will and to do in such a manner as to walk in the light as He is in the light (again, Philippians 2:13).

I would wager that I am probably 10 times the Sinner That you are......Having admitted “ that”, I bet God is better pleased with my Life than He is with yours, simply because I give Him ALL the Glory for Everything and YOU don’t...

If you are giving God all the glory for a sinful lifestyle then you are not saying things conducive to Him being praised. You are in all actuality blaming Him for your sinful lifestyle.

The way to give God the glory is to exemplify His virtues and give Him the glory / credit for the good things that He has done in your life!

God doesn't want the credit for your being ten times the sinner that I am...He wants to work righteousness into your life so He can get the credit and glory for that!

Do you really believe that God wants to be blamed for iniquitous behaviour on your part? Because that is what you are saying when you say that you think that He wants you to give Him the glory for "everything" when a part of "everything" is that you are ten times the sinner that I am.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything that you think of me? I think the same about you.So now what? Is this what is known as a “ Mexican Stand -Off ?”....

Try to think about what the following verse actually means.

This is what you have done, it is not what I have done.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul makes it clear that his purpose is to get the believers in Corinth to repent of sins that they have committed in 2 Corinthians 12:20-21...

2Co 12:20, For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
2Co 12:21, And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Clearly, his goal is for the Corinthian believers to repent of "uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness" and he hopes that they will do that before he arrives among them in his third visit to them.

It should be clear that "uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness" are sins...

I find it interesting that Paul mentions that those who had not repented of these sins would engage with Paul in
debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, swellings, whisperings, and tumults.

This is what I see among those who have not repented of their sins and who want to engage in debates about how repentance isn't really necessary....while in those debates they most often resort to ad hominem attacks on the person who is bringing to them the truth of holy scripture....saying that we are preaching a FALSE and PERVERTED gospel when in all reality our gospel is
true and wholesome, while their gospel of "grace as a license for immorality" is truly a gospel that is FALSE and PERVERTED.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
*** Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

What I have above in blue is scripture that tells us that if we repent of our wicked ways we will live because of it.

Above, in
green, is scripture that teaches that if you turn from righteousness, and do what is wicked and unjust, you will die because of it.

And above, in
purple, is scripture that tells of the reaction of the unregenerated heart to this information.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the above post, we find that the meaning of repentance is clearly spelled out.

Here is what Jesus said on the matter.

Luk 13:1, There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
Luk 13:2, And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
Luk 13:3, I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:4, Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5, I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got two guys.....they both try to Repent of their sins because they believe that it is how one gets Saved......
If you have to keep yourself "in short accounts" with God, then you'd better be scouring your life looking for sin. I agree, it becomes obsession.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do well!

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have to keep yourself "in short accounts" with God, then you'd better be scouring your life looking for sin. I agree, it becomes obsession.

Much love!

The Holy Spirit does that as we walk in the light as He is in the light. So, we don't have to.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "ammo"?

You never quote or even reference holy scripture...

It is your opponents that normally refute your contentions with holy scripture.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "ammo"?

You never quote or even reference holy scripture...

It is your opponents that normally refute your contentions with holy scripture.

I usually only need one or two quotes to blow you and your ilk out of the water.....and I always provide them when it is necessary.....you just lack “ eyes to see and ears to hear” when I “ DO” post great verses......they are a waste of time for you.....my goal is that Newbies , who have yet to become “ stiff- Necked”, like several in here, will be blessed by God to “ get” them....
You come up with these giant Scripture Walls that nobody ever reads......generally misunderstood and taken out of context.....Jesus and the Bible are all about Grace....you have never had it granted to you and that is why you fail to understand it....you are automatically disqualified from being a viable Teacher Of the Word and you should just slither away....but alas, you won’t....Your False and Perverted “ Gospel” needs to be exposed and ridiculed .....I am just the guy to do it....be seein’ ya....

Reactions: Nancy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "ammo"?

It doesn't take much “ ammo” to refute False Teachings ....
Here’s my Best bit of “ammo” that Newbies can put in their back pocket to shut the mouths of Religionists , Legalists and Tares: “ Anybody that asks to be Saved will be saved.....”
Also, check out the LYRICS to three songs that you sing like a hypocrite every Sunday.....combine these three songs and you got everything one needs to know to GET Saved and to STAY saved....
“ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” (“ naught Of good that I have done: Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus ...)
“ Rock Of Ages” ( “Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to the Cross I cling” )
“ Just As I Am”. ( “ Without one plea, except that Thy Blood was Shed for me” )

....Perverted lyrics to these songs would include , “ Nothing in my hand I bring, But to my Lucky Repentance I Cling “ or maybe “ Nothing But The Blood and Lucky Repentance”

Others here can do a better job of making “ Additions and Corrections” to these sacred, precious Hymns —- just like they do the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4....

Last edited: