Types of Christians….what type are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides the denominations….Catholic….Eastern Orthodox….. Protestant….I am sure there is more and even non-denominational and stand alones that do not attend church, and each interprets the Bible many many ways. But the Bible Only people are mostly in the Protestant denominations.

Now first before I go on I need to say I am multi-denominational or you could say I am non-denominational and attend several types of churches.

I do attend Catholic Churches but 98% of the time I attend Protestant churches and of them I prefer the Holy Ghost churches. And most of them consider themselves Bible Only.

Now I contend that there are two major types or concepts in regard to Bible Only. Beliefs, Truths, Facts

The first type….the True Bible Only’s are as the term implies….they only believe what is in the Bible and conduct their lives in accordance to biblical beliefs only. The true Bible only’s….their beliefs were more or less set in stone thousands of years ago. Only is the keyword.

And this can be very difficult living in the modern age.

This type of Bible Only’s do not consider science as real or correct.

Because of what the Bible says, they must believe that the world is flat and stars can fall to earth. That the earth is fixed, stationary on a foundation of pillars and the sun and moon and universe revolves around the earth.

And diseases are caused by the devil or demons. Mental illnesses are caused by demons and probably women that are affected with bad cases of PMS are caused by demons. And they do not pay much attention to documented history. If they do not believe this, and conduct themselves accordingly they are not true Bible only.

Because of their distain for science, if they get ill they do not call an ambulance or go to a doctor or hospital. But instead will pray and read the Bible. Maybe some home remedies.

They do not own a vehicle or a tractor, they ride horses and use horse drawn equipment.

Because of their distain or unbelief in science. They have none in their life. Their houses are built with saws and axes and hammers. They do not have electricity in there houses, then of course no electrical appliances or equipment. No A/C, no refrigerators, no TV. Running water comes from a hand pump of some sort. They light their homes with candles and lamps. And probably entering into a building that had electricity would probably be considered corrupting themselves some how. So of course their churches would not have any of these either.

In accordance with the Bible they can have polygamous marriages and have concubines and can sell their daughters into concubinage. Because the Bible defines these relationships and regulates them and never states a moratorium on these relationships or actions, they are technically still legitimate relationships. They do not have to have wedding ceremonies because the Bible does not require a wedding ceremony to be married.....so optional. The concept of lord and master over their wives is firmly in place and the submissiveness of the wives are required….. the status of females in their religious society and the church are considered subordinates ….no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. Of course because they are not allowed to speak in church, none of this could happen anyway. All I can say is....Ladies do not marry into this! If you do, ask them how many wives they have.

Odds are, some in this group do not know that there were two distinct groups of Christians in the biblical era....Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians....so some in this group will be attempting to mix Christianity and Judaism to varying degrees.

They are pacifists.

Sunday as the Christian day of worship would probably be debatable.

Some in this group do not believe in modern miracles, believing that miracles only occurred during the biblical era.

Would voting be considered “of the world?”

I am thinking this would fit somewhat a long the lines of Amish.

The other type could be called Partially Bible Only.

In a lot of ways it would be hard to define this category because it would be up to the individuals to juggle all that is now.

They can pick and choose what part of science they want to agree with. Maybe some of the science that is around them or in their house. They can drive cars and trucks and use computers, tablets, Smart Phones, use the airlines to take trips. This group can enjoy all the modern realities and conveniences afforded to them because of science. But still claim that parts of science are bunk or even a deception.

They may or may not use doctors or medical facilities, dental, psychiatrists, etc. But still there is no reason that they cannot be doctors themselves.

They may go to schools and colleges. Education can be important to them.

They have monogamous relationships and have various beliefs regarding sex and believe wedding ceremonies are required to be married and require a wedding ceremony before making love. And most will believe it came from the Bible and do not know that it was actually the Protestants that first required wedding ceremonies to be married. And this is because many in this group do not pay a lot of attention to history.

The concept of lord and master over the wives can be part of their beliefs so the submissiveness of their wives maybe required…..it is not a firm belief but is mostly held that a woman’s status in society and the church are subordinate….This group allows females to speak in church but no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. And then there are still grey areas in their beliefs. But the phrase, "A woman should know her place"….comes from these last two groups. So ladies, before you marry one of these guys, ask were your place is.

Some in this group do not believe in modern miracles, believing that miracles only occurred during the biblical era. Then again some in this group believe modern miracles and some in this group believe in the works of the Holy Spirit and tongues to deliver messages and guidance and healing.

This group makes up a large portion of Christianity and is a relatively good group. On the down side, most of the cults and false religions fall in this group. The Calvinists….OSAS….the Jehovah’s Witnesses???

The next type I will call Dynamic Christianity.

They are not Bible only and do not believe that Christianity is a static religion....hence the name dynamic. They believe that God continued to interact with Christians and continued to communicate beliefs that were additions and corrections to the Bible and believe that the miracles and visitations continued on throughout history. They believe that Churches have the authority to administrate. Introduce new rules and sacraments…..The requirement for wedding ceremonies and vows by the Protestant churches is an example. Of course the Catholics got carried away! But I do agree with them making marriage a sacrament.

On this point they believe the Holy Spirit can deliver personal revelations in tongues and ministry to those that are hurting and need direction.

This group can embrace science and history and do not believe it contradicts the Bible because the Bible was written at the level that the people of the time periods would understand. Trying to explain Quantum science and the universe to Adam and Eve would have probably went over their heads.

As a whole they are going to see the end of slavery and the women’s rights movement as driven by the Holy Spirit. And lord and mastering over your wife is considered abuse. And female authority in the church is a wonderful thing.

This group also believes in monogamous relationships and wedding ceremonies and vows. They have a more positive attitude towards romantic love and sex….Still it is hard to put firm dividing lines between the categories on sex. Is sex inherently corrupting or is sex a blessing of God that should be approached with all seriousness, love, and mutual respect? All three of these categories actually profess a belief that the wedding should occur before sex. How often that happens is anybody’s guess. Even though the Bible Only's do have weddings, it would be considered extrabiblical because there is no requirement for wedding in the Bible....marriages were formed by the union.

This group can enjoy all the modern realities and conveniences afforded to them because of science. Which includes modern medical facilities.

All three categories believe in the basic concepts of sins and moralities. All three categories my have a ton of man-made sins imbedded in them.

All three beliefs are valid. That is why I keep saying Beliefs, Truths, Facts.

On Judgment Day could Yeshua condemn you for believing and doing what the Bible said? I think not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides the denominations….Catholic….Eastern Orthodox….. Protestant….I am sure there is more and even non-denominational and stand alones that do not attend church, and each interprets the Bible many many ways. But the Bible Only people are mostly in the Protestant denominations.

Now first before I go on I need to say I am multi-denominational or you could say I am non-denominational and attend several types of churches.

I do attend Catholic Churches but 98% of the time I attend Protestant churches and of them I prefer the Holy Ghost churches. And most of them consider themselves Bible Only.

Now I contend that there are two major types or concepts in regard to Bible Only. Beliefs, Truths, Facts

The first type….the True Bible Only’s are as the term implies….they only believe what is in the Bible and conduct their lives in accordance to biblical beliefs only. The true Bible only’s….their beliefs were more or less set in stone thousands of years ago. Only is the keyword.

Because of what the Bible says, they must believe that the world is flat and stars can fall to earth. That the earth is fixed, stationary on a foundation of pillars and the sun and moon and universe revolves around the earth.

And diseases are caused by the devil or demons. Mental illnesses are caused by demons and probably women that are affected with bad cases of PMS are caused by demons. And they do not pay much attention to documented history. If they do not believe this, and conduct themselves accordingly they are not true Bible only.

Because of their distain for science, if they get ill they do not call an ambulance or go to a doctor or hospital. But instead will pray and read the Bible. Maybe some home remedies.

They do not own a vehicle or a tractor, they ride horses and use horse drawn equipment.

Because of their distain or unbelief in science. They have none in their life. Their houses are built with saws and axes and hammers. They do not have electricity in there houses, then of course no electrical appliances or equipment. No A/C, no refrigerators, no TV. Running water comes from a hand pump of some sort. They light their homes with candles and lamps. And probably entering into a building that had electricity would probably be considered corrupting themselves some how. So of course their churches would not have any of these either.

In accordance with the Bible they can have polygamous marriages and have concubines and can sell their daughters into concubinage. Because the Bible defines them and regulates them and never states a moratorium on these relationships or actions, they are technically still legitimate relationships. They do not have to have wedding ceremonies because the Bible does not require a wedding ceremony to be married.....so optional. The concept of lord and master over their wives is firmly in place and the submissiveness of the wives are required….. the status of females in society and the church are considered subordinates ….no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. All I can say is....Ladies do not marry into this! If you do, ask them how many wives they have.

Odds are some in this group do not know that there were two distinct groups of Christians in the biblical era....Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians....so some this group will be attempting to mix Christianity and Judaism to varying degrees.

They are pacifists.

Some in this group do not believe in modern miracles, believing that miracles only occurred during the biblical era.

In a lot of ways it would be hard to define this category because it would be up to the individuals to juggle all that is now.

They can pick and choose what part of science they want to agree with. Maybe some of the science that is around them or in their house. They can drive cars and trucks and use computers, tablets, Smart Phones, use the airlines to take trips. This group can enjoy all the modern realities and conveniences afforded to them because of science. But still claim that parts of science are bunk or even a deception.

They may or may not use doctors or medical facilities, dental, psychiatrists, etc. But still there is no reason that they cannot be doctors themselves.

They have monogamous relationships and have various beliefs regarding sex and believe wedding ceremonies are required to be married and require a wedding ceremony before making love. And most will believe it came from the Bible and do not know that it was actually the Protestants that first required wedding ceremonies to be married. And this is because many in this group do not pay a lot of attention to history.

The concept of lord and master over the wives can be part of their beliefs so the submissiveness of their wives maybe required…..it is not a firm belief but is mostly held that a woman’s status in society and the church are subordinate….no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. And then there are still grey areas in their beliefs. But the phrase, "A woman should know her place"….comes from these last two groups. So ladies, before you marry one of these guys, ask were your place is.

Some in this group do not believe in modern miracles, believing that miracles only occurred during the biblical era. Then again some in this group believe modern miracles and some in this group believe in the works of the Holy Spirit and tongues to deliver messages and guidance and healing.

On the down side, most of the cults and false religions fall in this group. The Calvinists….OSAS….the Jehovah’s Witnesses???

They are not Bible only and do not believe that Christianity is a static religion....hence the name dynamic. They believe that God continued to interact with Christians and continued to communicate beliefs that were additions and corrections to the Bible and believe that the miracles and visitations continued on throughout history. They believe that Churches have the authority to administrate. Introduce new rules and sacraments…..The requirement for wedding ceremonies and vows by the Protestant churches is an example. Of course the Catholics got carried away! But I do agree with them making marriage a sacrament.

On this point they believe the Holy Spirit can deliver personal revelations in tongues and ministry to those that are hurting and need direction.

This group can embrace science and history and do not believe it contradicts the Bible because the Bible was written at the level that the people of the time periods would understand. Trying to explain Quantum science and the universe to Adam and Eve would have probably went over their heads.

As a whole they are going to see the end of slavery and the women’s rights movement as driven by the Holy Spirit. And lord and mastering over your wife is considered abuse. And female authority in the church is a wonderful thing.

This group also believes in monogamous relationships and wedding ceremonies and vows. They have a more positive attitude towards romantic love and sex….Still it is hard to put firm dividing lines between the categories on sex. Is sex inherently corrupting or is sex a blessing of God that should be approached with all seriousness, love, and mutual respect? All three of these categories actually profess a belief that the wedding should occur before sex. How often that happens is anybody’s guess. Even though the Bible Only's do have weddings, it would be considered extrabiblical because there is no requirement for wedding in the Bible....marriages were formed by the union.

This group can enjoy all the modern realities and conveniences afforded to them because of science. Which includes modern medical facilities.

All three categories believe in the basic concepts of sins and moralities. All three categories my have a ton of man-made sins imbedded in them.

On Judgment Day could Yeshua condemn you for believing and doing what the Bible said? I think not.

How ridiculous.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How ridiculous.

You see this is what I get.....the truth is shocking.
Beliefs, Truth, Facts....the belief level of religion can be very personnel and not necessarily connected to the Bible or truth.
Some people have a tendency to feel their way through Christianity.

Christianity is not about what you like or dislike.....it is about truth....and work toward the facts.

No harm, no foul....it is a normal reaction for some.

If you are interested in the truth, challenge me on something I have said and we can discuss it.

Reactions: APAK

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! many allow satan to deceive them and use them as his tools and play them for fools such are those that deny the truth of God's eternal living Word!

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see this is what I get.....the truth is shocking.
Beliefs, Truth, Facts....the belief level of religion can be very personnel and not necessarily connected to the Bible or truth.

Christianity is not about what you like or dislike.....it is about truth....and work toward the facts.

If you are interested in the truth, challenge me on something I have said and we can discuss it.

I will only say that Bible-believing Christians are not as backwards as you say they are.

What you have said about them amounts to...

hogwash.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will only say that Bible-believing Christians are not as backwards as you say they are.

What you have said about them amounts to...

hogwash.
Again, You see this is what I get.....the truth is shocking.

People do not really know the Bible or the time period, so they come up with some very strong feelings....it is a belief but it is not really connected to truth. So I get these strong reactions because people do not like the truth....

I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth....if you do not feel I am telling the truth....challenge me!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply not telling the truth, @Grailhunter.

I do not feel the need to engage in a conversation with you.

I will be obedient to this scripture.

Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

Reactions: marks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply not telling the truth, @Grailhunter.

I do not feel the need to engage in a conversation with you.

I will be obedient to this scripture.

Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

Well I cannot say if you are being obedient to the scriptures or not.

I do not know if you proclaim yourself "Bible Only"

What I do know is that most that proclaim themselves as "Bible Only" they do it to look good in front of others. But do not actually believe in Bible only and definitely do not live Bible only.

That post whether you "like it" or not, is truth. As I said my ministry is about being a Johnny Appleseed of Truth. I am not a preacher but I am speaker....Not looking for popularity or a following because invariably truth is going to offend some or shock them. It is all about seeds....Christ and the Apostles believed the same way....you can cast the seeds of truth but some of those seeds are going to land on bad ground or hard ground....

It is up to you if you are interested in truth. You can ignore it....condemn it....or you can check it out for yourself.

If you have issues with what I say.....don't believe it....the best thing for you....is to go check it out with the intent of proving me wrong.

Good luck

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are saying that you are a preacher of truth; and that that truth is that people who believe in the Bible are a backwards sort of people;

I'm sorry but I don't believe you.

Because the Bible is the truth (John 17:17).

Reactions: Jim B

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are saying that you are a preacher of truth; and that that truth is that people who believe in the Bible are a backwards sort of people;

I'm sorry but I don't believe you.

Because the Bible is the truth (John 17:17).

I have already said not to believe me. And the Bible is truth....but you do not know it....like so many that do not know what the scriptures say and key on things that they like.....feeling your way through Christianity.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
each interprets the Bible many many ways

There you hit the hub of the issue, how is the bble to be interpreted?
Is it Gods final word or is it still being written?

How we react and respond to Gods word is also important, as you illistrated in your strawman assesments of bible believing Christians etc, If we look at ourselves critically we can all find areas that are questionable in belief, practice etc.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In accordance with the Bible they can have polygamous marriages and have concubines and can sell their daughters into concubinage. Because the Bible defines these relationships and regulates them and never states a moratorium on these relationships or actions, they are technically still legitimate relationships. They do not have to have wedding ceremonies because the Bible does not require a wedding ceremony to be married.....so optional. The concept of lord and master over their wives is firmly in place and the submissiveness of the wives are required….. the status of females in their religious society and the church are considered subordinates ….no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. All I can say is....Ladies do not marry into this! If you do, ask them how many wives they have.

Odds are, some in this group do not know that there were two distinct groups of Christians in the biblical era....Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians....so some in this group will be attempting to mix Christianity and Judaism to varying degrees.

They are pacifists.

The concept of lord and master over the wives can be part of their beliefs so the submissiveness of their wives maybe required…..it is not a firm belief but is mostly held that a woman’s status in society and the church are subordinate….no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. And then there are still grey areas in their beliefs. But the phrase, "A woman should know her place"….comes from these last two groups. So ladies, before you marry one of these guys, ask were your place is.

On the down side, most of the cults and false religions fall in this group. The Calvinists….OSAS….the Jehovah’s Witnesses???

These seem like a lot of stereotypes. I don't fit any of them. Christianity is a Person, Christ, we come to Him, and He changes us to become as He is.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you hit the hub of the issue, how is the bble to be interpreted?
Is it Gods final word or is it still being written?

How we react and respond to Gods word is also important, as you illistrated in your strawman assesments of bible believing Christians etc, If we look at ourselves critically we can all find areas that are questionable in belief, practice etc.

I am not too sure how well you know me. But I do enjoy a little dry humor....And I do sprinkle a little bit of satire in there.....but the truth is there, every word. And I do it in away to try to get people to think.

During the time of Yeshua's ministry the Jews had a lot of problems with complying with the Mosaic Laws....Mainly because the Laws were written in a different time period and under different circumstances.....

The same is true of the Bible Only's....they like to say Bible only but that is not usually true and it is not practical. They are juggling a concept that does not fit in this time period. It would be easier for the Jews to say in that time period, that they followed the Mosaic Law....Still not true and under the circumstances not possible.

Bible Only's could follow the New Testament....but they are not going to give up all the science in their life....and the conveniences that science has produced.....they are going to condemn science but continue to enjoy the luxuries and conveniences of it. If they have a heart attack they are not going to sit and read the Bible....they are going to go to a doctor....that at one time would have been called a witch.

It is not a surprise science is not going to agree with texts written in that time period. And the people in that time period believed things that were just not true. So bringing those beliefs into modern age makes them seem backward. And it is an inaccurate assessment of the Bible in an attempt to make themselves look good.

In the real...it does not work....if they say Bible only and do not really believe it and practice it....then they are only giving lip serves to the Bible and are hypocritical just to look good in front of people. If they do not agree with or believe in the accuracy of science they need to live that way. But that is very difficult. Honesty is also important. But what they do is pick and choose what science they do not like.....and what that produced was a lot of bad things....there was a time that a pharmacist would be burnt at the stake for producing potions that heal.....witchcraft. Nothing good comes from wrong thinking.

And we could get into the misery and death that this second rate status of women in biblical times has caused....some of the worst atrocities that ever occurred on earth in a grand scale....at the hands of the Church because they were trying to cling to old Biblical notions. That is a long and horrific topic and so sad for the history of Christianity. Fortunately even though Martin Luther endorsed the witch hunts the Protestant involvement was minimal.....Salem witch trials was only a small part of the witch hunt hysteria.

On the other hand when the Protestants decided to get back to the basics that was a good thing because it corrected a lot of things that were corrupt in the Catholic Church. The down side is that they took an axe to nearly 1500 yearly of Christian history...like God was dormant for 1500 years....that was not true. Then there is a bunch of history and when they came out the other side they redefine what "rightness" with God means so as it was more about what you do not do, rather than what you do. So much so that Good Deeds become irrelevant. And they come up with a long list of man-made sins so they can have more things not to do to show their "rightness" with God. And more things to condemn each other about.

Another thing is that it produced cessationists. And because they did not have the history to fall back on they did not know a lot of what was going on in early Christianity. So they started coming up with their own history and suggesting there were things in the Bible that were not there. You are not going to find a moratorium on Polygamy or concubinage in the Bible and they were practiced a long time after the biblical era. You are not going to find a requirement for a wedding ceremony to be married anywhere in the Bible. And this one I do not understand, because the Protestant were the first to require wedding ceremonies.

Cessationists cannot be blamed for everything.....Protestants in general....do not like or do not believe that the Holy Spirit has taught us so many thing since the biblical era....polygamy and concubinage not good! slavery was bad....women's equality is good...that defending yourself against evil was the right thing to do...etc. Bible only denies so much divine events that has happened. And a lot of it is not really about theology....it is more about the circumstances and social structure of that time period. How many of these guys still think that slavery is ok?....or that slavery in the Bible was not real? How many believe that women, wives, and mothers are second rate citizens in society and second rate members of the Church? I mean a lot of these women do not have anyone to defend them but I got to tell you that if anyone tried to lord and master my daughter, I would slap them into next week.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In accordance with the Bible they can have polygamous marriages and have concubines and can sell their daughters into concubinage. Because the Bible defines these relationships and regulates them and never states a moratorium on these relationships or actions, they are technically still legitimate relationships. They do not have to have wedding ceremonies because the Bible does not require a wedding ceremony to be married.....so optional. The concept of lord and master over their wives is firmly in place and the submissiveness of the wives are required….. the status of females in their religious society and the church are considered subordinates ….no teaching or preaching in church and no authority over any man. All I can say is....Ladies do not marry into this! If you do, ask them how many wives they have.

They are pacifists.

The thing that I find most disturbing about all this is the way you "pigeon hole" believers into arbitrary categories but on bizarre classifications. You must live in Amish/Mennonite country, as you focus on what they focus on: transportation modes, appliances, science, etc.

I personally don't fit into any of these categories, nor does anybody I know. I believe that the Bible is the source of all spiritual truth, and that Jesus has given believers the Holy Spirit to be our guide. It is independent of lifestyle!

I have been a hippie farmer, a systems programmer, a geographer, and am now retired. I have been a Christian throughout most of my adult life, regardless of my living circumstances (which have varied considerably).

Your ego has tried to justify yourself as a latter-day prophet or Christian teacher/authority, but you come across as way "off base".

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing that I find most disturbing about all this is the way you "pigeon hole" believers into arbitrary categories but on bizarre classifications. You must live in Amish/Mennonite country, as you focus on what they focus on: transportation modes, appliances, science, etc.

The classifications are obviously hypothetical with a little bit of satire, because people can be somewhere in between. And although there will be some that condemn science....none are going to give up the lifestyles that science provides. And a lot of the condemnation of science is just to make themselves look good...and I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in that.

I personally don't fit into any of these categories, nor does anybody I know. I believe that the Bible is the source of all spiritual truth, and that Jesus has given believers the Holy Spirit to be our guide. It is independent of lifestyle!

Do you realize no one is going to say that the Holy Spirit does not guide them or help them interpret the truth?
And how can you say a lifestyle does not have anything to do with it......ever heard of practice what you preach?
Do you know what it is called to say one thing and do another?

I have been a hippie farmer, a systems programmer, a geographer, and am now retired. I have been a Christian throughout most of my adult life, regardless of my living circumstances (which have varied considerably).

Sounds interesting for sure....but if you embrace science and all its luxuries and convenience....how can you say it does not work.

Your ego has tried to justify yourself as a latter-day prophet or Christian teacher/authority, but you come across as way "off base".

My ministry is the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. Truth has a tendency to be shocking as opposed to telling people lies that they like. The Bible calls it tickling people's ears....tickle tickle tickle!!

And what I get is usually and emotional response...."I don't like that!" And the reason....people do not research Christianity that deeply and there are very few competent religious leaders. To the point that Christians have developed a distain for religious education and would rather shoot in the dark. Why does truth seem off base......Why is the response they give just emotional?

Should they try to prove me wrong? Should they be mad because someone has pulled the wool over their eyes for so long? I have to wonder and ask why people are not more interested in the truth, because it could determine eternity for them.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The classifications are obviously hypothetical with a little bit of satire, because people can be somewhere in between. And although there will be some that condemn science....none are going to give up the lifestyles that science provides. And a lot of the condemnation of science is just to make themselves look good...and I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in that.

Do you realize no one is going to say that the Holy Spirit does not guide them or help them interpret the truth?
And how can you say a lifestyle does not have anything to do with it......ever heard of practice what you preach?
Do you know what it is called to say one thing and do another?

Sounds interesting for sure....but if you embrace science and all its luxuries and convenience....how can you say it does not work.

My ministry is the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. Truth has a tendency to be shocking as opposed to telling people lies that they like. The Bible calls it tickling people's ears....tickle tickle tickle!!

And what I get is usually and emotional response...."I don't like that!" And the reason....people do not research Christianity that deeply and there are very few competent religious leaders. To the point that Christians have developed a distain for religious education and would rather shoot in the dark. Why does truth seem off base......Why is the response they give just emotional?

Should they try to prove me wrong? Should they be mad because someone has pulled the wool over their eyes for so long? I have to wonder and ask why people are not more interested in the truth, because it could determine eternity for them.

I hate to break this to you but... you are not the repository of truth. You think that you are, but that is just a delusion.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your reply proves my assertion. You just pontificate, as though your concepts are synonymous with the truth, and can't respond with anything other than "LOL".

LOL does not thing but indicate that I am laughing at you.