Typical little sin-loving man needs to choose to change his heart.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical little sin-loving man needs to choose to change his heart and choose to draw near God==
Choose to draw near God and God will draw near you.
James 4:8-12 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double-minded.
Choose God!!===========
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Choose God====
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Choose God=====
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you saying that those here are not Christian?
Because if you are please read on in James a couple of verses to see what he says about judging others.

Or are you trying to say we are all backsliding Christians as your rev 3 quote is addres to the Laodicean Christians and not to non Christians.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that he is not stepping out of bounds to give an evangelistic message here.

Anyone who comes here as web-crawler, or even some who think that they are Christians, may in fact not be.

Jesus said the way to life is narrow and few there be that find it.

He said that not everyone who says to Him, Lord, Lord shall enter into heaven.

The apostle Paul wrote the following:

2Co 13:5, Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Some who think that they are saved may indeed have a different Jesus, a different spirit, and a different gospel than that of the holy scriptures (2 Corinthians 11:3-4).

Such would very likely think themselves to be saved; but in fact would not have real salvation.

And again, it is not only Christians who peek in to posts on Christian message boards.

I think that the Lord will say to @GISMYS_7:

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant!"

Reactions: 07-07-07

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that those here are not Christian?
Because if you are please read on in James a couple of verses to see what he says about judging others.

Or are you trying to say we are all backsliding Christians as your rev 3 quote is addres to the Laodicean Christians and not to non Christians.

I am posting God's Word and all are free to believe it or reject it but count the cost!
James 4:8-12 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double-minded.
Choose God!!===========
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Choose God====
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Choose God=====
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am posting God's Word and all are free to believe it or reject it but count the cost!
Choose God!!===========

Choose God====
Choose God=====

As there are no non Christians in this forum you cannot be reaching them so are preaching, pointlesslessly to Christians.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As there are no non Christians in this forum you cannot be reaching them so are preaching, pointlesslessly to Christians.
Again, there are most assuredly non-Christians whose eyes shall fall upon the message given by @GISMYS_7.

And some of the Christians whose eyes shall fall on these messages, may indeed not be born again of the Holy Spirit; and therefore if they died tonight; or the rapture occurred: they would not go to heaven.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And some of the Christians whose eyes shall fall on these messages, may indeed not be born again of the Holy Spirit;/QUOTE
Now there is a silly statement, an oxymoron.
A Christian, that is a follower of Jesus, who is not born again.
In John 3 Jesus made it clear that those who followed him had to be 'born again'.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there is a silly statement, an oxymoron.
A Christian, that is a follower of Jesus, who is not born again.
In John 3 Jesus made it clear that those who followed him had to be 'born again'.
I agree that it is an oxymoron. But it must be shown forth that not everyone who thinks they are a Christian is necessarily saved. And this is my way of doing that; by making a distinction between a "Christian" (the nominal type) and the born again type.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that it is an oxymoron. But it must be shown forth that not everyone who thinks they are a Christian is necessarily saved. And this is my way of doing that; by making a distinction between a "Christian" (the nominal type) and the born again type.
No it does not have to be shown.
What needs to be done is teaching through sermons and by example what Christianity is.