Tzitzit and Tallit, the Command to Wear a Four Cornered Garment with Fringes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Torah commands that the people of God wear a garment of four corners with fringes. This command is for both men and women, and was given to set apart the people of God from all other ordinary people on earth, and to serve as a reminder of the commands of God, and also to serve as a visible sign that someone is in obedience to the commands of God. The Messiah also fulfilled this command of the Torah and wore fringes. Read my bible study concerning the fringes, which are also called tzitzit.

http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/04/2...d-to-wear-fringes-on-a-four-cornered-garment/

tzitzit_english.jpg

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not under the law as believers in Christ, Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Romans 7:6.

That being said, if I had access to tzitzit and tallit, I would probably wear it (though probably not every day).

Reactions: Nancy and marks

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not under the law as believers in Christ, Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Romans 7:6.

That being said, if I had access to tzitzit and tallit, I would probably wear it (though probably not every day).

If you sin then you are under Torah.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you sin then you are under Torah.

1Jo 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

"Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law", not, "whoever commits transgression of the law sins."

The real definition of sin is that it is anything that is not of faith. Romans 14:23.

Reactions: Helen

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

"Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law", not, "whoever commits transgression of the law sins."

The real definition of sin is that it is anything that is not of faith. Romans 14:23.

The Torah reveals everything that is sin, hence, "for in the Torah you have the knowledge of sin", that is why committing sin is also transgression of the commands of the Torah. Sin is to fall short of being the representation of God, whereas transgression is breaking the command of God in the Torah that defines what being the representation of God is, that is why sin and transgression are related both in the context of the Torah. You err in your understanding of sin and transgression, which are both related to the Torah.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, as evidenced by the law mentioned by you in this thread. We were not born wearing titzit and tallit.

That is one of the major reasons why Galatians 2:16 and Romans 3:20 hold true.

No one will be justified by keeping the works of the law.

Rather, we are justified by our faith in Jesus and what He did for us on the Cross.

By the law is the knowledge of sin; it merely shows us our need of a Saviour.

Once faith has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Torah commands that the people of God wear a garment of four corners with fringes. This command is for both men and women, and was given to set apart the people of God from all other ordinary people on earth, and to serve as a reminder of the commands of God, and also to serve as a visible sign that someone is in obedience to the commands of God. The Messiah also fulfilled this command of the Torah and wore fringes. Read my bible study concerning the fringes, which are also called tzitzit.

Tzitzit and Tallit, the Command to Wear a Four Cornered Garment with Fringes | Wisdom of God

tzitzit_english.jpg
do you understand why those commands were given ie, do they have an underlying significance?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. And the Torah was primarily for Israel. Gentiles within the Church are not to follow the Law of Moses but the Law of Christ.
By the law is the knowledge of sin; whether you are Jew or Gentile.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By the law is the knowledge of sin; whether you are Jew or Gentile.
Yes, but that is a partial function of the Law. There is a lot more to it. The Law (as related to the Ten Commandments) is also God's unchanging moral and spiritual standard for all: Jews, Gentiles, and the Church.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but that is a partial function of the Law. There is a lot more to it. The Law (as related to the Ten Commandments) is also God's unchanging moral and spiritual standard for all: Jews, Gentiles, and the Church.
Right; and what I am saying is that the law (all 613 commandments) defines sin for both Jew and Gentile alike.

Gentiles will be just as condemned for violating the OT law as will Jews.

Now, if we are in Christ, then we are forgiven of all sin, and are not bound to the letter but will be obedient to the spirit of the law.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, as evidenced by the law mentioned by you in this thread. We were not born wearing titzit and tallit.

That is one of the major reasons why Galatians 2:16 and Romans 3:20 hold true.

No one will be justified by keeping the works of the law.

Rather, we are justified by our faith in Jesus and what He did for us on the Cross.

By the law is the knowledge of sin; it merely shows us our need of a Saviour.

Once faith has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Belief without obedience to the commands of God in the Torah will not justify you, that is why even Abraham, who is the father of the belief, was commended for obeying the Torah of God, even before it was given to Moses in written form,

because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my Torot.
Genesis 26:5

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. And the Torah was primarily for Israel. Gentiles within the Church are not to follow the Law of Moses but the Law of Christ.

The Torah is for everyone, hence, "and there is one Torah for the native and for the foreigner". "You shall not murder" and "a man shall not wear women's garments" is not only for Israel, it is for everyone. The Torah of the Messiah is based on the Torah of Moses, for the Messiah did not come to abolish the Torah, but to fulfill it. Once the Messiah fulfills his 1,000 year rulership on earth, then the Torah will be entirely fulfilled, and will pass away with this heaven and earth, but not before. Those who teach or believe that the Torah has already been fulfilled and is now done away with will indeed be destroyed and thrown into aeonial fire, because of lawlessness. Read The Torah Has Not Been Abolished | Wisdom of God .

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you understand why those commands were given ie, do they have an underlying significance?

Yes, for set-apartness. Just as a police officer sets himself apart by putting on a uniform, so in likewise manner God gave commands to his people to set them apart from everyone else, such as commands of tallit and tzitzit. Read about set-apartness here, which is required to inherit the kingdom of God, What Set Yourself Apart and Be Set-Apart Mean, and the Mistranslations of the Words Sanctification and Holy | Wisdom of God .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief without obedience to the commands of God in the Torah will not justify you, that is why even Abraham, who is the father of the belief, was commended for obeying the Torah of God, even before it was given to Moses in written form,

because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my Torot.
Genesis 26:5
You must keep the Torah perfectly from conception into eternity if you are going to be saved in the manner that you prescribe. See Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, and Matthew 5:48.

If you have done this, I want to meet you. The only other person who has ever succeeded at doing this was our Lord Jesus Christ; and He was and is God!

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must keep the Torah perfectly from conception into eternity if you are going to be saved in the manner that you prescribe. See Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, and Matthew 5:48.

If you have done this, I want to meet you. The only other person who has ever succeeded at doing this was our Lord Jesus Christ; and He was and is God!

Indeed the Torah must be kept perfectly, which is done by ceasing to break the Torah, then through belief in Yeshuah, which results then results in receiving the airflow of God, which cuts away sin in the inward man, thus causing the man to obey the Torah perfectly, hence, "and I will put my airflow within you and cause you to walk in my statutes". But if you live your life thinking the Torah has been done away with, you will never receive the airflow of God, no matter how much you claim to believe in Yeshuah whom you erroneously call "jesus".

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, for set-apartness. Just as a police officer sets himself apart by putting on a uniform, so in likewise manner God gave commands to his people to set them apart from everyone else, such as commands of tallit and tzitzit. Read about set-apartness here, which is required to inherit the kingdom of God, What Set Yourself Apart and Be Set-Apart Mean, and the Mistranslations of the Words Sanctification and Holy | Wisdom of God .
If I walked around with my finger up my nose all day that would set me apart from others as well. If doesn't mean anything of any significance I could be classified as a walking fool.
God does not give commands arbitrarily. He gives us commands for reasons that have to do with our salvation/well being and or his vindication. Unless we can decipher what those reasons are we remain ignorant. If we willingly side step the responsibility to discover their meanings we become blind just as the Jews were blind to the meaning of the sacrificial lamb.
The operation by rote is the practice of all pagan religions.....a useless and mind numbing exercise.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I walked around with my finger up my nose all day that would set me apart from others as well. If doesn't mean anything of any significance I could be classified as a walking fool.
God does not give commands arbitrarily. He gives us commands for reasons that have to do with our salvation/well being and or his vindication. Unless we can decipher what those reasons are we remain ignorant. If we willingly side step the responsibility to discover their meanings we become blind just as the Jews were blind to the meaning of the sacrificial lamb.
The operation by rote is the practice of all pagan religions.....a useless and mind numbing exercise.

The command of God is what sets us apart, not whatever you do on your own to set yourself apart, hence,

and you shall guard my Torot and do them. I am Yehovah, who sets you apart.
Leviticus 20:8

You refuse to obey the commands of God because of your own ignorance and because you do not want to obey. As such, not every command of the Torah is a shadow command, such as the commands related to the Passover, some commands of the Torah are literal and plain, and must be obeyed as such, such as "you shall bind the words of God on your forehead and hand" and "you shall not murder" and "you shall wear fringes on the four corners of your garment". Why is this so difficult to understand?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Send us some clothing with fringes and maybe we will wear it.

As it is, I do not have access to any of this, and by you am condemned over it.

Read Romans 7:6 to find that we are not bound by the letter of the law (for it kills, 2 Corinthians 3:6), but are to be obedient to the spirit of it; which is love.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed the Torah must be kept perfectly, which is done by ceasing to break the Torah, then through belief in Yeshuah, which results then results in receiving the airflow of God, which cuts away sin in the inward man, thus causing the man to obey the Torah perfectly, hence, "and I will put my airflow within you and cause you to walk in my statutes". But if you live your life thinking the Torah has been done away with, you will never receive the airflow of God, no matter how much you claim to believe in Yeshuah whom you erroneously call "jesus".
Salvation, my friend, begins by faith, ends with faith, and is by faith all the way through, Romans 1:17, Colossians 2:6, Galatians 3:1-3.

Once we begin to believe in Jesus, we do not switch over to being saved through keeping the law. See also Galatians 2:16.