Uncertainty Regarding Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blaine

Nov 28, 2020
-
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been conflicted and terrified lately, because I'm afraid
that I am not saved. I haven't yet finished reading the Bible,
so I was hoping that someone who has a more complete understanding of it could
possibly quell some of my fear, or at least some of my confusion.

What I'm unsure of is the manner in which one is saved.

There were two conflicting ideas based on scripture which seem plausible.

One: By believing that Jesus Christ is our salvation, and by aligning ourselves to Him and trying to do good, His sacrifice negates our sins, present and future, even those sins which in life
we were too weak/too unwilling to stop ourselves from committing.

Two: Jesus Christ's sacrifice negates our PAST sins. Meaning in order
to be saved, we must fully rid ourselves of sin going forward. In this case
any sin which we continue to commit places us under condemnation
until we stop committing it.

If the latter is the case, I'm afraid, because I don't know of anybody, aside from perhaps a handful of Christians that are saved. Especially because of the verse James 4:17

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."

There are so many things that are good that I fail to do. To truly live up to this
I'd need to be fully possessed by the spirit of God, giving everything to God,
in every moment, in action, not just as a thought, in the same way that Jesus did.

How can I bear the weight of this responsibility? How can I hope to be saved?

Please give me your thoughts on this subject.

Also, if I may ask, please pray for me so that I may be given the courage to not shrink back into destruction.

I will pray for all of you as well.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:4-15
Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Luke 9:23-26
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

So the Christian life as a believer( one who is saved as per Romans 10) or follower of Christ is one where you choose daily to submit your will to His will by denying yourself daily to follow Him even if following Him might cost you your life, family and friends. Jesus is now your Lord and He is your Master and you his student/disciple in training. Salvation is a free gift yet is cost Jesus His life and it might cost you your life.

The question is are you willing to follow Him regardless of the cost ?

Jesus never promised the Christian life would be easy but He did promise to be with you every step of the way. If He cares for the sparrow and takes care of them how much more valuable are you ?

So do not worry about tomorrow as it will take care of itself. Follow Him daily and He will take care of your future. We are not promised a tomorrow in this life. But today if you hear His voice do not harden your heart.

Philippians 4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things
19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

hope this helps !!!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been conflicted and terrified lately, because I'm afraid
that I am not saved. I haven't yet finished reading the Bible,
so I was hoping that someone who has a more complete understanding of it could
possibly quell some of my fear, or at least some of my confusion.

What I'm unsure of is the manner in which one is saved.

There were two conflicting ideas based on scripture which seem plausible.

One: By believing that Jesus Christ is our salvation, and by aligning ourselves to Him and trying to do good, His sacrifice negates our sins, present and future, even those sins which in life
we were too weak/too unwilling to stop ourselves from committing.

Two: Jesus Christ's sacrifice negates our PAST sins. Meaning in order
to be saved, we must fully rid ourselves of sin going forward. In this case
any sin which we continue to commit places us under condemnation
until we stop committing it.

If the latter is the case, I'm afraid, because I don't know of anybody, aside from perhaps a handful of Christians that are saved. Especially because of the verse James 4:17

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."

There are so many things that are good that I fail to do. To truly live up to this
I'd need to be fully possessed by the spirit of God, giving everything to God,
in every moment, in action, not just as a thought, in the same way that Jesus did.

How can I bear the weight of this responsibility? How can I hope to be saved?

Please give me your thoughts on this subject.

Also, if I may ask, please pray for me so that I may be given the courage to not shrink back into destruction.

I will pray for all of you as well.

one must be born again as Jesus says in the gospel according to John chapter 3

you know ask the Lord to forgive you, ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, and ask that you be born of the Holy Spirit, and know the Lord your God. you can do that with or without some one with you.

what seems to be your confusion on the subject of sin is common, but what Jesus actually has done is given "His" Life, as in when born again born of the Holy Spirit one receives the Life of Christ, the same Life of God's Beloved Son and God sees you through Him (Jesus) who is righteous.

its works both ways, when Adam and Eve ate of the tree they died of the Life they originally had and were left with the life of dust to dust, same as animals. therefore when born into the world God sees you though and in the life you have received as in through Adam. if one is born of the Holy Spirit then God sees you through the Life of Christ. therefore Jesus restores the Life to those who receive it and restores what was lost in the garden.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 2:1, My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jo 2:2, And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jo 2:3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jo 2:4, He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jo 2:5, But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jo 2:6, He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.