UNDERSTANDING OUR SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. — Philippians 1:6

Many personal salvation testimonies go something like this: “I heard the gospel of Jesus Christ; I decided to open my life to Him; I came to Jesus; I gave Him my heart; I received Him; I repented of my sins; I decided to follow Jesus.” Note the continual use of the perpendicular pronoun “I” as if it all depended upon me. When we get to heaven, we will find out how little we actually had to do with our salvation and how true our verse today is--“He who has begun a good work in you.” Salvation is, from start to finish, from first to last, the work of God Himself in us. He sought us. He found us. He began the good work in us. He keeps us. And one day He will present us faultless before His Father’s throne. After all, it was the shepherd himself who went after the one lost sheep until he found it, and then he carried it on his shoulders safely back to the fold, rejoicing all the while (Luke 15:1– 7).

THE ORIGIN OF OUR SALVATION
“He who has begun a good work in you”

Who began the good work in you? The Lord. You reply, “I thought I did. I thought I repented. I thought I came to Christ. I thought I took the initiative.” No, God did. Just as in the early chapters of Genesis, He took the skins of an innocent, sacrificial animal to cover the sin of Adam and Eve. God is still the initiator in covering our sins today. Fig leaves will not do. Solomon was on target when he said, “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy” (Proverbs 28:13).

In our natural condition we are unresponsive to the gospel: the Bible refers to us as “dead” in our sins (Romans 6:11). We are also unperceptive; the gospel is “veiled” to us, and the god of this world has “blinded” the minds of those who do not believe (2 Corinthians 4:3–4). Without Christ, we are also unteachable: not only can we not receive the things of God, but we also consider them foolish and cannot know them because they are only spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14). Finally, we are unrighteous: we were actually shaped in iniquity and conceived in sin (Psalm 51:5). Yes, we all, like sheep, have gone away of our own accord (Isaiah 53:6).

Since being unresponsive, unperceptive, unteachable, and unrighteous is the condition in our natural state, something outside of us must intervene to enable us to become responsive to the gospel, perceptive of the things of God, teachable, and righteous before Him. Now, since we are indeed raised out of spiritual death (that is, born again) and since we are unable to perform this work on ourselves, then we must conclude it is God Himself who initiates our salvation. This is exactly what our text--“He who has begun a good work in you”--implies. God is sovereign. This simply means that He does what He pleases and He is always pleased with what He does.

The origin of our salvation lies not within us but with God Himself. He takes the initiative. He convicts us of sin. He convinces us of our righteousness in Him. He calls us out of darkness into His marvelous light. He redeems us for His own. Yes, He begins the good work in us.

THE OUTCOME OF SALVATION
“[He] will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ”

What is the outcome of this marvelous salvation provided us in Christ? It means we are secure. We are secure in the now life and in the next life as well.

We are secure in the now life. Christ, who began the good work, will finish it. He will not let us go. Since we are not saved by performing good works, we are not kept by performing good works. Paul said, “As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6). If faith is good enough to save us, it is good enough to live by, to walk in. If Christ can give us new life, He can keep us in that new life. If man takes the initiative in salvation, he must retain the responsibility for the final outcome. If God takes the initiative in salvation, then it is God who retains the responsibility for the final outcome. And, as Paul said, “He will complete it.”

I remember when our first child began to learn to walk. She would reach up her chubby little fingers, grab my index finger, and hang on with all her might. She would take a step or two, let go, and fall to the ground. It didn’t take me long to learn an important lesson about my role: I began to reach down and grab hold of her hand myself. Then, when she stumbled, I would be there to hold her up and keep her from falling. In the same way, our salvation is not a matter of our holding on until the bitter end. God reaches down and grabs hold of us with His strong hand. When we stumble, He is there to hold on to us and to keep us from falling. We are secure in the now life.

We are also secure in the next life. The Lord will keep and complete us “until the day of Jesus Christ.” The day of Christ suggests that grand and glorious day when He will come again to receive us as His own. On that day the church--the body of Christ--becomes the bride of Christ. Jesus said, “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day” (John 6:39). Yes, we can be confident of this fact: He will keep us “until the day of Jesus Christ.” We are living now in the great “until.” Until . . . the day of Jesus Christ. Until then, we can trust Him and know we are secure in the now life and in the next life that is to come. As you memorize this verse, meditate on the fact that your salvation is, from first to last, all the doing of Him who loves you and gave Himself for you. Since He is the origin of it all, you can trust Him with the outcome of it all. As songwriter Fanny Crosby once said, “Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!”

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It brings great peace to be secure in Christ Jesus. Fixing to go into work, but will look at in the evening.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It brings great peace to be secure in Christ Jesus. Fixing to go into work, but will look at in the evening.
Knowing it's Him doing it all certainly takes the pressure off.

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl

"For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:14

First the Father called us, that is drew us, to His Son, Jesus!

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44

And Jesus says to us:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28

Who then are they having been called which are then also chosen? Are they not the faithful? Ones who faithfully endure with Him to the end?

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." Matt 10:22

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." Rev 17:14

And the promise to overcomers?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Reactions: Ziggy and Mayflower

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in complete agreement and part of our growing is seeing 'more of Him and less of me'.

John the Baptist said it well..." He must increase, but I must decrease". John 3:30 (KJV)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. — Philippians 1:6

Many personal salvation testimonies go something like this: “I heard the gospel of Jesus Christ; I decided to open my life to Him; I came to Jesus; I gave Him my heart; I received Him; I repented of my sins; I decided to follow Jesus.” Note the continual use of the perpendicular pronoun “I” as if it all depended upon me. When we get to heaven, we will find out how little we actually had to do with our salvation and how true our verse today is--“He who has begun a good work in you.” Salvation is, from start to finish, from first to last, the work of God Himself in us. He sought us. He found us. He began the good work in us. He keeps us. And one day He will present us faultless before His Father’s throne. After all, it was the shepherd himself who went after the one lost sheep until he found it, and then he carried it on his shoulders safely back to the fold, rejoicing all the while (Luke 15:1– 7).

THE ORIGIN OF OUR SALVATION
“He who has begun a good work in you”

Who began the good work in you? The Lord. You reply, “I thought I did. I thought I repented. I thought I came to Christ. I thought I took the initiative.” No, God did. Just as in the early chapters of Genesis, He took the skins of an innocent, sacrificial animal to cover the sin of Adam and Eve. God is still the initiator in covering our sins today. Fig leaves will not do. Solomon was on target when he said, “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy” (Proverbs 28:13).

In our natural condition we are unresponsive to the gospel: the Bible refers to us as “dead” in our sins (Romans 6:11). We are also unperceptive; the gospel is “veiled” to us, and the god of this world has “blinded” the minds of those who do not believe (2 Corinthians 4:3–4). Without Christ, we are also unteachable: not only can we not receive the things of God, but we also consider them foolish and cannot know them because they are only spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14). Finally, we are unrighteous: we were actually shaped in iniquity and conceived in sin (Psalm 51:5). Yes, we all, like sheep, have gone away of our own accord (Isaiah 53:6).

Since being unresponsive, unperceptive, unteachable, and unrighteous is the condition in our natural state, something outside of us must intervene to enable us to become responsive to the gospel, perceptive of the things of God, teachable, and righteous before Him. Now, since we are indeed raised out of spiritual death (that is, born again) and since we are unable to perform this work on ourselves, then we must conclude it is God Himself who initiates our salvation. This is exactly what our text--“He who has begun a good work in you”--implies. God is sovereign. This simply means that He does what He pleases and He is always pleased with what He does.

The origin of our salvation lies not within us but with God Himself. He takes the initiative. He convicts us of sin. He convinces us of our righteousness in Him. He calls us out of darkness into His marvelous light. He redeems us for His own. Yes, He begins the good work in us.

THE OUTCOME OF SALVATION
“[He] will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ”

What is the outcome of this marvelous salvation provided us in Christ? It means we are secure. We are secure in the now life and in the next life as well.

We are secure in the now life. Christ, who began the good work, will finish it. He will not let us go. Since we are not saved by performing good works, we are not kept by performing good works. Paul said, “As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6). If faith is good enough to save us, it is good enough to live by, to walk in. If Christ can give us new life, He can keep us in that new life. If man takes the initiative in salvation, he must retain the responsibility for the final outcome. If God takes the initiative in salvation, then it is God who retains the responsibility for the final outcome. And, as Paul said, “He will complete it.”

I remember when our first child began to learn to walk. She would reach up her chubby little fingers, grab my index finger, and hang on with all her might. She would take a step or two, let go, and fall to the ground. It didn’t take me long to learn an important lesson about my role: I began to reach down and grab hold of her hand myself. Then, when she stumbled, I would be there to hold her up and keep her from falling. In the same way, our salvation is not a matter of our holding on until the bitter end. God reaches down and grabs hold of us with His strong hand. When we stumble, He is there to hold on to us and to keep us from falling. We are secure in the now life.

We are also secure in the next life. The Lord will keep and complete us “until the day of Jesus Christ.” The day of Christ suggests that grand and glorious day when He will come again to receive us as His own. On that day the church--the body of Christ--becomes the bride of Christ. Jesus said, “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day” (John 6:39). Yes, we can be confident of this fact: He will keep us “until the day of Jesus Christ.” We are living now in the great “until.” Until . . . the day of Jesus Christ. Until then, we can trust Him and know we are secure in the now life and in the next life that is to come. As you memorize this verse, meditate on the fact that your salvation is, from first to last, all the doing of Him who loves you and gave Himself for you. Since He is the origin of it all, you can trust Him with the outcome of it all. As songwriter Fanny Crosby once said, “Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!”

You’re presenting the gospel according to John Calvin, and not according to John 3:16.

Calvinism is absolutely backwards in the bottom line conclusion it reaches, in trying to fit scripture into what they call the doctrine of grace.

The Bible makes clear that faith is how we access grace, and therefore faith precedes grace, thus precedes salvation - yer Calvinism has reversed what scripture says

Scripture says the sequence of salvation is: 1. believe 2. be saved
Acts 16 the jailer asked, what must I do to be saved? The answer was 1. Believe in the Lord Jesus and 2. you shall be saved.

Yet Calvinism has to reverse the sequence of salvation, to make it fit reformed dogma. In Calvinism the salvation sequence is 1) be saved and 2) believe.

If Paul gave the calvinist version of salvation, when the jailer asked, what must I do to be saved?, the answer would be NOTHING - if you’re one of the elect, you are predestined to be regenerated, and then you will believe in Jesus and be saved - and if you’re not predestined and elected, you cannot ever believe, and you will be damned.

Calvinism claims that everyone is born so spiritually dead, that it’s impossible to believe the gospel, unless God First regenerates them (the elect only) and makes them alive (thus granting them salvation), and then they will believe.

So compare scripture that states: 1. believe 2. be saved saved with Calvinism: 1. be saved 2. believe.

This means that the claim that grace/salvation/regeneration precedes faith, is diametrically opposed (reversed, backwards) to scriptures that state faith precedes grace/salvation/regeneration.

So how does faith come?

In reformed dogma/Calvinism, faith comes only by being one of the predestined elect, and being regenerated and made spiritually alive and receive grace.

Yet Romans 10:17 states that faith comes by hearing the word of God.

The sequence of biblical salvation is: 1) hearing the word and getting the gift of faith Romans 10:17 2) choosing to reject or receive Jesus John 1:11-12 3) being saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 by grace are you saved THROUGH faith.

Yes, faith is the gift that we get from God that we get to grace, THROUGH.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of FAITH that it might be by GRACE; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access BY faith INTO this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Faith is how you access grace. Faith precedes grace.

Yet Calvinists insist that grace/regeneration precedes faith.

I’ve run into so many Calvinists that don’t even know the doctrine they espouse (proclaim), teaches that regeneration precedes faith, that I’ll post this link to RC Sproul on a Calvinist website, to prove they teach exactly that: Regeneration Precedes Faith

Calvinism’s version of Ephesians of 2:8-9 is: by grace (regeneration) you are saved, and then have faith.

But faith is how we get TO grace. And faith is the gift we get when we hear the word of God.

Faith comes from hearing Gods word, not from being the elect - Calvinism is gross theological error.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus paid it all WERE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE REDEMMED justified sanctified Glorified . certainly we was chosen before the foundation of the world. but some of the steps Calvinism teaches i do not agree with. when God calls its a choice to accept him or reject him --choice ..this is my beloved son hear ye Him .
rejection --
Mark 6:5 Context

2And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? 3Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 5And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6And he "marvelled because of their unbelief." And he went round about the villages, teaching. 7And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; 8And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that salvation is by grace alone. People do not go to Hell because of sin. Christ took care of that. People go to Hell because they reject the payment for their sin. Our only part is accepting. Christ did it. And still people reject it. Hell is a real place.

Reactions: Pearl and Azim

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same time I think many are going to be kicking themselves in Heaven for the times they did not repent on earth. Because there are reward/loss of reward.

Reactions: Pearl

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it were not for God's Grace, how would we ever come to faith?
Jesus came in Grace and Truth. Faith followed.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Wasn't it by God's Grace that the Word which we have faith in was sent?

Did God see faith on earth and then send His Grace towards us?

By GRACE are ye saved through Faith.
If it is by faith alone then the rest of the sentence is null and void.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I believe God gives us Grace and Faith is the gift that follows.

Thank You @Pearl

Hugs

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it were not for God's Grace, how would we ever come to faith?
Jesus came in Grace and Truth. Faith followed.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Wasn't it by God's Grace that the Word which we have faith in was sent?

Did God see faith on earth and then send His Grace towards us?

By GRACE are ye saved through Faith.
If it is by faith alone then the rest of the sentence is null and void.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I believe God gives us Grace and Faith is the gift that follows.

Thank You @Pearl

Hugs

By grace are you saved THROUGH, by means of, via, faith.

Faith is how you get TO grace.

To whit:

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of FAITH that it might be by GRACE; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access BY faith INTO this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Quoting scripture about grace and truth is out of context, you need to cite scripture regarding grace and faith - no scripture says by grace and truth you are saved, just that Jesus brought us grace and truth.

But scripture DOES say we get to grace THROUGH faith, and access grace through faith.

And as to how we get faith? Romans 10:17, faith comes by hearing the word of God.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You’re presenting the gospel according to John Calvin, and not according to John 3:16.

Calvinism is absolutely backwards in the bottom line conclusion it reaches, in trying to fit scripture into what they call the doctrine of grace.

The Bible makes clear that faith is how we access grace, and therefore faith precedes grace, thus precedes salvation - yer Calvinism has reversed what scripture says

Scripture says the sequence of salvation is: 1. believe 2. be saved
Acts 16 the jailer asked, what must I do to be saved? The answer was 1. Believe in the Lord Jesus and 2. you shall be saved.

Yet Calvinism has to reverse the sequence of salvation, to make it fit reformed dogma. In Calvinism the salvation sequence is 1) be saved and 2) believe.

If Paul gave the calvinist version of salvation, when the jailer asked, what must I do to be saved?, the answer would be NOTHING - if you’re one of the elect, you are predestined to be regenerated, and then you will believe in Jesus and be saved - and if you’re not predestined and elected, you cannot ever believe, and you will be damned.

Calvinism claims that everyone is born so spiritually dead, that it’s impossible to believe the gospel, unless God First regenerates them (the elect only) and makes them alive (thus granting them salvation), and then they will believe.

So compare scripture that states: 1. believe 2. be saved saved with Calvinism: 1. be saved 2. believe.

This means that the claim that grace/salvation/regeneration precedes faith, is diametrically opposed (reversed, backwards) to scriptures that state faith precedes grace/salvation/regeneration.

So how does faith come?

In reformed dogma/Calvinism, faith comes only by being one of the predestined elect, and being regenerated and made spiritually alive and receive grace.

Yet Romans 10:17 states that faith comes by hearing the word of God.

The full sequence of biblical salvation is: 1) hearing the word and getting the gift of faith Romans 10:17 2) choosing to reject or receive Jesus John 1:11-12 3) being saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 by grace are you saved THROUGH faith.

Yes, faith is the gift that we get from God that we get to grace, THROUGH.

Faith is how you access grace. Faith precedes grace.

Yet Calvinists insist that grace/regeneration precedes faith.

I’ve run into so many Calvinists that don’t even know the doctrine they espouse (proclaim), teaches that regeneration precedes faith, that I’ll post this link to RC Sproul on a Calvinist website, to prove they teach exactly that: Regeneration Precedes Faith

Calvinism’s version of Ephesians of 2:8-9 is: by grace (regeneration) you are saved, and then have faith.

But faith is how we get TO grace. And faith is the gift we get when we hear the word of God.

Faith comes from hearing Gods word, not from being the elect - Calvinism is gross theological error.
Yes, it's hard to accept the implications of a doctrine that denies the dimension of freewill when the Bible teahes that Christ's sacrificial death on the Cross is sufficient to provide salvation for everyone.

A doctrine that denies the dimension of freewill to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour or not, defaults to the heresy of PREDETERMINED REPROBATION.

The so-called Reformers, like any revivalist movement, emphasised only some aspects of Biblical truth soundly. Strength taken to extreme becomes a weakness, so while the Reformers were right to emphasise salvation by grace through faith and not of works, the ensuing overemphasis of, and dogmatic insistence on, certain other issues have produced some profoundly nonsensical cultish aberrations such as hyper-Calvinism, which taken to its logical conclusion presents God as a malevolent tyrant responsible for preventing sinners from any hope in Christ for forgiveness and the new life He purchased for all of us.

Personally I don't subscribe to Predestined Reprobation with its notion that whomever commits evil and refuses the Gospel to the end does so because God has predetermined this and nothing can change His decision. Satan and his cohort, Adam and Eve in Eden, Cain, Esau, Pharoah opposing Moses in Egypt, Judas, Ananais and Saphira, and anyone who stubbornly resists the grace of God do become subject to predetermined consequences, but their urge to sin doesn't come from God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not Christ's faith which we are saved by Grace?

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Although the Bible mentions many times how by faith Abraham, how by faith Abel offered, how by faith Enoch was translated...
How is it they obtained faith?
Noah found Grace in the eys of the Lord.
Was this before or after he found faith?

Interesting discussion
Thank You

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not Christ's faith which we are saved by Grace?
lets do a break down is Christ faith or by faith in what CHRIST DID FOR US BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH . the disciples said increase our faith, Jesus said if you had faith
Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord.
Was this before or after he found faith?
he did it BY faith i dont find any place that says i found faith
How is it they obtained faith?
Calvinism teaches God has to give us faith first and to some degree i agree on that . even though i am not a Calvinism fan . all though our faith is increased the more we do for Christ you ask interesting questions

Reactions: Mayflower and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets do a break down is Christ faith or by faith in what CHRIST DID FOR US BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH . the disciples said increase our faith, Jesus said if you had faith he did it BY faith i dont find any place that says i found faith Calvinism teaches God has to give us faith first and to some degree i agree on that . even though i am not a Calvinism fan . all though our faith is increased the more we do for Christ you ask interesting questions
Thank You
One last question...
Why is this relevant compared to the trials we are facing today regarding faith?
How does this topic edify?
I'm not putting it down, I'm asking..
Is this an important salvation process by which one is saved?
Or is it just for good conversation?

Because it is a good topic. I just don't see the benefit of it.
It's like..
which came first the chicken or the egg?
God made both, so does it really matter?

Is this edifying?
How so?

Am I missing something?
Hugs

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.Philippians 1:6

An all too often taken out of context scripture.

That will never pertain to those who fall away, and all to often as well, the arguments against falling away here falls right on it's tucas, as do the ones stating "they were never saved to begin with".

And it has plenty to do with what we do.

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

Also look up and read the scripture on the Sheep and the Goats, and see exactly where the goats went because they didn't do as they were supposed to. Also notice how the Goats thought they were saved too, just as some the OSASr's who think they can live an evil life and still go to heaven, but it turned out a very sad day for them.

So, yeah, understand salvation and don't teach the wide path to destruction is the right way to it.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I missing something?
i think so..but i cant answer your questions the Bible says Faith comes by hearing a seed has to be planted along that process Faith comes in . its how we accept it. there will always be questions un answered Jeremiah 33:3 how do accept what the Bible says? somewhere along the line somebody taught us. the next big step do we accept what we was taught or do we reject it.
God made both, so does it really matter?
imo you answered your own question

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think so..but i cant answer your questions the Bible says Faith comes by hearing a seed has to be planted along that process Faith comes in . its how we accept it. there will always be questions un answered Jeremiah 33:3 how do accept what the Bible says? somewhere along the line somebody taught us. the next big step do we accept what we was taught or do we reject it. imo you answered your own question
Thank You

I remember at a very early age my Dad used to play Jesus Loves Me on the record player.
Somehow this one song has stayed with me.
It says "because the bible tells me so"
But I didn't start reading the bible until I was somewhere in my 20's.
I was baptised when I was 18, but I never really started studying until somewhere in my 40's
So does faith cometh by hearing, or because the bible tells me so?

I never really thought about that.. hmm

hugs