• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Im going to give you my teaching on the "Book of Life".
There are many of them. "out there".
You probably know of 2 or 3, yourself.
I'll give you what i teach.
Mine is really simple.
-
The central teaching of the New Testament is the subject of Righteousness.
Jesus came to give it, and if you die without it, that's an eternal problem that you can't solve. Sometimes i teach and state that the Lake of Fire will be burning the unbelievers, for as long as God lives. And that is both harsh and true.
What keeps this eternal reality from being cruel, is the fact that anyone who ends up there, chose this for themselves. They made a fully informed freewill decision to reject Christ, freely......and finally died.

Never will a person stand before God, who has heard the Gospel while on this earth, say to the Almighty, honestly, that its God's fault that they end up in the Lake of Fire.
After all, what more can God do to get you into His family then let His Son die to get you into it?
So, if you, reader, end up standing before God ..Revelation 20:11 as a Christ Rejector, you did so after reading what i just told you. So, you have no excuse as of TODAY, and you already knew to Trust Christ as your Savior before you ever read what i just said. Right?
Lets be REAL....

Now, Saint, when you have your revelation right, when you have your rightly divided the word through discernment down pat, through the Holy Spirit, so that you BELIEVE RIGHT..... then the New Testament will make perfect sense. In other words, when you have the right Light, then there will be no contradiction found in the New Testament. And when you are being taught by someone who is full of Light, then what they teach, will not contradict PAUL.
Got that?
And this is one of the main ways you discern who is lying to you, vs who is teaching you what agrees with Paul's Gospel, =which agrees with the Holy Spirit.
And how much does this matter?
It is the only thing that matters when you are learning the New Testament, and when you are being taught by someone.
If your teacher does not Perfectly align themselves with Paul's theology regarding the Grace of God, as an unearned GIFT, and similar........then RUN.
Remember that.
Remember that Paul makes the Cross OF EFFECT< and a heretic tries to make the Cross of Christ of NON-Effect., of NO Effect, regarding = keeping you saved.
I just used a magnifying glass on the heretics for you.
Do you see them?
They are everywhere.

So, cutting to the chase.
All teaching regarding any subject in the New Testament, has to perfectly align with what Paul teachers, regarding any subject he teaches. If it doesn't then its heresy and the teacher is a heretic. So, if you want to protect yourself from a heretic, then you have to have the tool to do so. The Tool, is Paul and his Doctrine. If you know it, then you can spot a heretic in about the blink of an eye.
You have to be able to do this, or you will eventually be deceived and become one.

Ok, lets look at a phrase in The Revelation and filter it through Paul's doctrine so that we dont end up in the land of confused heresy.
Now if you study Paul's epistles, then you are familiar with "justification by faith"= Alone.
Notice that word "alone"? It is the word that separates the real believers and the "one true church" from the heretics and all their denominations and lies.
That word "alone" as indicated by the phrase "Justification by faith", simply and absolutey means that JESUS ALONE saved you and keeps you saved. And once you get this, once you see this, once you BELIEVE RIGHT about this.... then all the heretics who try to make you pay for your own salvation, by telling you that you will "Lose it" if you dont complete their list, or if you dont twist a scripture as they do.......You are permanently delivered from them.... and that is a big part of my ministry. Its to protect REAL BELIEVERS from them, by getting you to the place in your understanding of The Grace of God where you can see them clearly, and recognize them instantly.
------------
------------------------

Now lets get into this verse.
Revelations 3:5
"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will NOT blot out his name out of the book of life"

Now, look at the reason a name won't be blotted out of the Book of Life...
"he that OVERCOMETH".
So, who is this... ??????
Its this person...

1 John 5:5

"""""Who is he that overcometh , but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?"""

And who is this? = This is all the born again....
Notice the : "believeth that Jesus is the Son of God".

That's YOU, thats ME, thats all the born again. That is "he that OVERCOMETH"< in that verse about the BOOK.

So, if you don't want to be the one whose name is blotted out of the book of LIFE, then be the overcomer who has "TRUSTED IN CHRIST". Be BORN AGAIN. BE SAVED.
= Done deal.

OR, if you want to have your name blotted out of the book of LIFE, all you have to do is be a CHRIST REJECTOR,. and die.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let me give you my teaching on this "Book of Life" so that the heretics can't fool you and deceive you.

You've seen that the believer in Christ is not blotted out of the book of Life.
And that is the main thing you need to see. = THE REASON you wont be blotted out.
And that reason is that you have "overcome", by being BORN AGAIN.

But what about this book?

Ok, this is deeper theological water, and has to do with the foreknowledge of God.

The foreknowledge of God, is God's ability to know all things, and that includes your thoughts and the intention of your motives. Foreknowledge literally means that God knows what is going to happen before it happens. This is foreknowledge. or, the knowledge of all things= be-FOR- it happens.

The Lambs Book Of Life....what is it? Well, its a real book. And this book contains the name of every one who ever existed or will exist. You, me, Moses, Hitler, Adam, Eve, Donald Trump, and all the yet to be born. Its a "book of Life" that contains the names of all who will ever "be". As this is the foreknowledge of God, knowing all the names of all, and they are written down, "before the foundations of the world" in this BOOK.
God also knew, "before the foundations of the world".... that Jesus would be needed to come and die for your sin.

So, all of this is known by God, before it was even HERE.

The Book was in existence, before Mankind was created.

The fall of Adam was known to God before God created Adam.
If you end up in Hell, God knew it before you were born to live and die and choose to die a Christ rejector.

Now, what about that ""blotting out"".. A name is blotted out of that Book of Life.

First.... this verse has nothing to so with the idea that you can lose your salvation.
Nothing.

Next....the book of life, is the FOREKNOWLEDGE of God, regarding the names of all who will ever exist, before they were born....all the names of all who will ever live, = written in this Book.

And remember what you do to get you name blotted out? = You don't BELIEVE, In Christ, and die.

Finally, each Christ Rejecter, has their name in the book before they are born, and their name is blotted out, because they died in UNBELIEF.
So, initially, everyone who is born, has their name in the Lamb's Book of Life, and it remains unless you DIE a LAMB OF GOD Rejector.
If you do that, your name will be BLOTTED OUT, and you will go to Hell and then the Lake of Fire.

I would offer the >opinion< that their name is blotted out before they die, because God already knew they would die a Christ Rejector. (Foreknowledge).

So, that is how THE Book Of Life works.
Don't be one of those who gets blotted out of it.
Be a Believer. Trust in Christ.. Be Born again, and Keep your name in that Book.
Choose Heaven, not hell.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im going to give you my teaching on the "Book of Life".
There are many of them. "out there".
You probably know of 2 or 3, yourself.
I'll give you what i teach.
Mine is really simple.

It is simple when you understand!

:)

I find the rule of thumb to be from Exodus, when Moses says to God, forgive their sin, and if not, blot me from your book. To which God replies, the soul that sins I will blot from My book.

I think the meaning is that as you said, all names of all who would live were written in God's book. The soul that sins is blotted out. But those who will be justified, in His foreknowledge, God does not impute their sins to them, and their names remain written in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world.

Don't be one of those who gets blotted out of it.
Be a Believer. Trust in Christ.. Be Born again, and Keep your name in that Book.

Amen!!!

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is simple when you understand!

:)

I find the rule of thumb to be from Exodus, when Moses says to God, forgive their sin, and if not, blot me from your book. To which God replies, the soul that sins I will blot from My book.
I think the meaning is that as you said, all names of all who would live were written in God's book. The soul that sins is blotted out. But those who will be justified, in His foreknowledge, God does not impute their sins to them, and their names remain written in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world.
Amen!!!

Much love!

Amen..

Yes, its a good understanding that Romans 4:8 would resolve why a born again's name is not blotted out of the Book of Life.
The finished work of Jesus on the Cross is another reason that your name remains in the book, if this finished work has been applied to you by God.

Look at the true idea of OSAS. This simply means that Jesus who saved you and keeps you saved, is keeping your name in the book of life.

So, many prisms of Light can be seen when we look at why a born again Christian's name isn't blotted out of the book of LIfe.

Reactions: marks

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That interpretation makes this verse kind of meaningless.

Philippians 4:3
the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

Perhaps what happens is your name gets removed from the Book of Life when you become accountable for your sins and you die spiritually, in this life.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That interpretation makes this verse kind of meaningless.

Philippians 4:3
the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

Perhaps what happens is your name gets removed from the Book of Life when you become accountable for your sins and you die spiritually, in this life.
Hi,

How so?

Wouldn't Paul's fellows be in the book of life, assuming they had eternal life?

Are you thinking that every person's name is blotted from the book at their first accountable sin, and re-written in if and when they receive Christ?

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't Paul's fellows be in the book of life, assuming they had eternal life?
Of course Paul's fellow workers would be in the book of Life. But if I understand what Behold is saying, EVERYBODY who is living and breathing is in the Book of Life, so what's the point of Paul making reference in Philippians 4:3 to them being in the Book of Life?

Are you thinking that every person's name is blotted from the book at their first accountable sin, and re-written in if and when they receive Christ?
No, that's probably not the way it is.
I think it more probable that one's name gets written into the Book of Life when they 'leave Egypt', so to speak. And if you live victoriously and live worthy of the gospel of grace you have received, enduring in faith to the end, your name will remain there.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Paul's fellow workers would be in the book of Life. But if I understand what Behold is saying, EVERYBODY who is living and breathing is in the Book of Life, so what's the point of Paul making reference in Philippians 4:3 to them being in the Book of Life?

I think it more probable that one's name gets written into the Book of Life when they 'leave Egypt', so to speak. And if you live victoriously and live worthy of the gospel of grace you have received, enduring in faith to the end, your name will remain there.
What do you make of the reference in the Revelation of the names that remain written in the book of life "from the foundation of the world"?

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

So what do you think of the Ephesians 1 passage about being chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the world? do you think this is a relevant aspect to the book of life?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of the reference in the Revelation of the names that remain written in the book of life "from the foundation of the world"?

Much love!
Revelation 13:8

You probably know that it is in dispute whether John is referring to the lamb slain from the foundation of the world, or the names written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Even if you interpret it as meaning 'name written from the foundation of the world' you can see he's referring to God's foreknowledge of who will and who will not be written in the Book of Life, not that the book was written before the creation of the world, just as he may also be referring to the foreknowledge of Christ's crucifixion (Christ not actually being on the cross from creation).

Psalm 69 is still more evidence that the book of life is being written, not has been written.

Psalm 69:28
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.

Being not listed in the book of life and being blotted out of the book of life are two very distinct things. This verse makes it impossible that the book of life has been completed before the creation of the world and is instead being written in our real time, even though God is quite aware of what that book will look like at the end of the age.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you think of the Ephesians 1 passage about being chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the world? do you think this is a relevant aspect to the book of life?
No. Not directly.
The chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world is referring to the church, not specific individuals determined beforehand to be chosen in Christ. The church as a whole is 'who' has been determined beforehand to be chosen in Christ and predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

No. Not directly.
The chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world is referring to the church, not specific individuals determined beforehand to be chosen in Christ. The church as a whole is 'who' has been determined beforehand to be chosen in Christ and predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ.
I would see that the church is made up of individuals and that in John 6 clearly it is the Lord that takes the initiative: "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6.44)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would see that the church is made up of individuals and that in John 6 clearly it is the Lord that takes the initiative: "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6.44)
I don't see how that negates what I said.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 13:8

You probably know that it is in dispute whether John is referring to the lamb slain from the foundation of the world, or the names written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Even if you interpret it as meaning 'name written from the foundation of the world' you can see he's referring to God's foreknowledge of who will and who will not be written in the Book of Life, not that the book was written before the creation of the world, just as he may also be referring to the foreknowledge of Christ's crucifixion (Christ not actually being on the cross from creation).
Check the parallel passage.

The dual grammar isn't repeated there.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which passage are you referring to?
Revelation 17
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Were not written is a perfect tense, the idea is, whose names do not remain written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 17
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Were not written is a perfect tense, the idea is, whose names do not remain written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

Much love!
I explained how even if Revelation 13:8 was referring to the book of life and not the Crucifixion of Christ, 'not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world' is referring to God's foreknowledge of the completed book of life on the day of Judgment, not referring to the book being written beforehand. As I showed you, other scripture shows us the book of life is being written in our real time as indicated by names being able to be blotted out, as opposed to never being listed as I think you are suggesting Revelation 13:8 and Revelation 17:8 say.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained how even if Revelation 13:8 was referring to the book of life and not the Crucifixion of Christ, 'not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world' is referring to God's foreknowledge, not referring to the book being written beforehand. As I showed you, other scripture shows us the book of life is being written in our real time as indicated by names being able to be blotted out, as opposed to never being listed as you are suggesting Revelation 13:8 and Revelation 17:8 say.
No, not "never being listed".

Rather, the Book of Life was written at the beginning of this world, and names are removed, and other names remain.

"Were not written"

Clipboard01.jpg
Perfect Tense, Passive Voice,

If you remember that the meaning of the word perfect is complete, then you can remember that the perfect tense has to do with completed action. But the perfect tense is a primary tense because it emphasizes the present, or ongoing result of a completed action. The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and is illustrated in the following sentences. In each sentence, observe what is suggested about the present status.

I have learned the material in the previous lesson.

This indicates a present status: I still know the material in the previous lesson.
Course II, Lesson 3

The name is written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, in the perfect tense, is saying, the name was written from the foundation of the world, and remains written now.

So this passage is saying, they whose names didn't stay written in the book of life from the foundation of the world until that time will be marvelling over the beast.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained how even if Revelation 13:8 was referring to the book of life and not the Crucifixion of Christ, 'not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world' is referring to God's foreknowledge, not referring to the book being written beforehand.
Foreknowledge was involved, I think! God knowing everyone He was planning to create. Yet still the word used is written in the book, so, I suppose that is what it means.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not "never being listed".

Rather, the Book of Life was written at the beginning of this world, and names are removed, and other names remain.

"Were not written"

View attachment 10649
Perfect Tense, Passive Voice,

Course II, Lesson 3

The name is written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, in the perfect tense, is saying, the name was written from the foundation of the world, and remains written now.

So this passage is saying, they whose names didn't stay written in the book of life from the foundation of the world until that time will be marvelling over the beast.

Much love!
So, do I understand correctly that the only place we are in disagreement is to the actual substance of the 'writing' of the book of life before the creation of the world? I don't see it as literally being written before creation, but rather understood before creation in regard to God already knowing who will be in it at the end, and so it is written beforehand that way, like how Christ's Crucifixion was viewed before creation that way--him being crucified from before the creation of the world, yet not actually being crucified until well after the creation of the world.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do I understand correctly that the only place we are in disagreement is to the actual substance of the 'writing' of the book of life before the creation of the world? I don't see it as literally being written before creation, but rather understood before creation in regard to God already knowing who will be in it at the end, and so it is written beforehand that way, like how Christ's Crucifixion was viewed before creation that way--him being crucified from before the creation of the world, yet not actually being crucified until well after the creation of the world.
The idea of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world is I think a misreading of this text.

Are you asking do I mean a bound book with parchment paper pages, leather cover, the most weighty of tomes? That I don't know. But I accept that God had of some sort a record of whom He would create, each member of humanity that would be contained in that one man Adam. That this record is called the book of life. And that the soul that sins, God will blot from His book.

Those at that time whose names will have been blotted out will worship the beast.

Much love!