• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheAngelBand

Jan 29, 2020
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please join us in a study and discussion about the parables! We'll be looking at a new one every Tuesday. We start with The Parable of the Sower, a look at what parables are, and how to better understand their meaning.

May the Lord add his blessing to His Word!

Reactions: Nancy

TheAngelBand

Jan 29, 2020
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's open to anyone who wishes to join in our discussion on our youtube channel, or here. It's new and we're hoping that with Gods blessing it will grow and reach out across the platform. I meet every week to produce videos in response to questions I get or from a list of questions I've received too many times to count over the years. But I'd like to focus on questions and topics that folks who participate are interested in!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, it's open to anyone who wishes to join in our discussion on our youtube channel, or here. It's new and we're hoping that with Gods blessing it will grow and reach out across the platform. I meet every week to produce videos in response to questions I get or from a list of questions I've received too many times to count over the years. But I'd like to focus on questions and topics that folks who participate are interested in!
in that case, if i may ask, who is the "we" in "we're hoping?" ty

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing, hope you continue this here.

Of course some may see what I'm going to say as somewhat negative, but it's not. There's more to our Lord's parable of the sower. Many when trying to explain the sower parable only repeat mostly what our Lord Jesus already explained about it, like in the Matthew 13:19-23 verses. From Old Testament study that is remembered, those symbols of the stones, thorns, and fowls are used as symbols for Satan and his host. Our Lord Jesus points to this in Matthew 13:19 when He mentions the "wicked one" coming to take away what was sown in one's heart, which is about the fowls eating up the seed sown by the way side, which means a hard compacted pathway made over time by people walking.

The whole parable revolves around the idea of agriculture, and this analogy of sowing the symbolic seed of His Word, God first gave towards the end of Isaiah 28.

The deeper point our Lord Jesus is making is this: only the last group was able to produce fruit from the sown seed. It follows simple agriculture.

1. You first have to plow the ground, loosen the ground so the seed can take root. That's the opposite of the way side hard path. As an analogy. God in Isaiah 28:24 asks does the plowman plow all day to sow? No, he also sows. Our Lord showed the hard way side is from not understanding The Word after hearing it. The ground wasn't plowed.

2. The stones also represent Satan and his servants. For the seed to take deep root, the big stones have to be cleared out of the dirt. Have to be able to recognize Satan's servants to do that since the persecution for having received The Word of God is with Satan and his servants trying to prevent you from sticking with it. How do you stop that in your Church? Clear Satan's servants out. have to recognize them first though.

3. Same with the thorns, the sown seed can't take deep root with thorn bushes. The seed will get choked out. The lusts and cares of this world belong to Satan. That's what he wants us to dwell upon so we don't produce fruit in Christ Jesus. Got to clear those thorns out. In the Book of Numbers, the bramble (bush) is asked by the people to come and rule over them. The bramble tells them to come under his shadow. Problem is, a bramble doesn't cast much of a shadow, so it's a vain symbol of protection.

4. When the dirt is plowed, the stones and thorns removed, then the seed can take deep root and produce much fruit. That's what we are supposed to do.

5. Ah... this subject actually continues, because in the next parable our Lord Jesus begins to reveal the enemy, i.e., the "tares". The sower parable is at the heart of it too. In Mark 4:13, our Lord Jesus asked if you don't understand the sower parable, how will you understand all parables?

TheAngelBand

Jan 29, 2020
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's good that you bring up Satan and the element of spiritual warfare that prevent understanding, one of Satan's main objectives. I very glad you brought up the tares! That is actually the next video in the series and will be up on Tuesday! I'll leave a link when its up!

Reactions: Davy and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please join us in a study and discussion about the parables! We'll be looking at a new one every Tuesday. We start with The Parable of the Sower, a look at what parables are, and how to better understand their meaning.

May the Lord add his blessing to His Word!
Thank you for sharing, I will tune in...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing, hope you continue this here.

Of course some may see what I'm going to say as somewhat negative, but it's not. There's more to our Lord's parable of the sower. Many when trying to explain the sower parable only repeat mostly what our Lord Jesus already explained about it, like in the Matthew 13:19-23 verses. From Old Testament study that is remembered, those symbols of the stones, thorns, and fowls are used as symbols for Satan and his host. Our Lord Jesus points to this in Matthew 13:19 when He mentions the "wicked one" coming to take away what was sown in one's heart, which is about the fowls eating up the seed sown by the way side, which means a hard compacted pathway made over time by people walking.

The whole parable revolves around the idea of agriculture, and this analogy of sowing the symbolic seed of His Word, God first gave towards the end of Isaiah 28.

The deeper point our Lord Jesus is making is this: only the last group was able to produce fruit from the sown seed. It follows simple agriculture.

1. You first have to plow the ground, loosen the ground so the seed can take root. That's the opposite of the way side hard path. As an analogy. God in Isaiah 28:24 asks does the plowman plow all day to sow? No, he also sows. Our Lord showed the hard way side is from not understanding The Word after hearing it. The ground wasn't plowed.

2. The stones also represent Satan and his servants. For the seed to take deep root, the big stones have to be cleared out of the dirt. Have to be able to recognize Satan's servants to do that since the persecution for having received The Word of God is with Satan and his servants trying to prevent you from sticking with it. How do you stop that in your Church? Clear Satan's servants out. have to recognize them first though.

3. Same with the thorns, the sown seed can't take deep root with thorn bushes. The seed will get choked out. The lusts and cares of this world belong to Satan. That's what he wants us to dwell upon so we don't produce fruit in Christ Jesus. Got to clear those thorns out. In the Book of Numbers, the bramble (bush) is asked by the people to come and rule over them. The bramble tells them to come under his shadow. Problem is, a bramble doesn't cast much of a shadow, so it's a vain symbol of protection.

4. When the dirt is plowed, the stones and thorns removed, then the seed can take deep root and produce much fruit. That's what we are supposed to do.

5. Ah... this subject actually continues, because in the next parable our Lord Jesus begins to reveal the enemy, i.e., the "tares". The sower parable is at the heart of it too. In Mark 4:13, our Lord Jesus asked if you don't understand the sower parable, how will you understand all parables?
Yese there are deeper meaning to this parable. I commend you on what you said thus far. but the Parable was not only for the general audience, but for his disciple, who would be in LEADERSHIP positions. yes the sower/Farmer must break up the ground where he or she is sowing, which shows that the sower, he or herself must be commitment in seeing the end of the crop produce. a dedicated sower, that is committed, "PREPARE" the Ground for the inserction of the seed. 1 Timothy 3:2 "A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;1 Timothy 3:3 "Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; ect.... these things prepare the Ground for the seed. see, the sower must be first prepared him or herself first.

when the sower is made ready, (by God), then they can sow. as in removing "Stony hearts", and the pulling down of strongholds, "thorns", that might get in your side. seperate yourself from them, and "rooting" out weeds which by the people of God are snared, or entangle themselves with the affairs of this world. 2 Timothy 2:4 "No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier".

so when the man of God, he or she is committed to work in the Lord vineyard, they first themselves mut be committed, or rooted and grounded themselves in the word of God. for how can one sell, or sow the product that you have no KNOWLEDGE of?

PICJAG.