Understanding Trinity!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ammuslim

Aug 29, 2007
Bismillah: Assalamo Alikum.Ok, here is my first question and it is regarding Trinity.Of course this subject was covered decades ago, and so I am not intending to repeat the same questions. I only wanted to collect real experience from you guys on HOW DID YOU UNDERSTAND SUCH CONCEPT WHICH LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE IN IT, since it is very difficult to comprehend and yet it is the central belief of the Christian faith, so please share with me how did you come to understand it without any complication or confusion. Please note: I don’t want or intend to believe in Trinity, I just wanted to know how you guys understood it perfectly then believed in it. Thanks for your answers in advance. Salamammuslim

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
To be honest, the word "trinity" does not exist in the bible, but the word Godhead is in there three times.I John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.John 1:1-3 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.While scriptures say that Yahshua is God and He is, but the Son of God can never claim to be YHWH, which is God the Father. And the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit is God, but not Son or Father. He is our Comforter.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

tim bennett

Aug 22, 2007
and the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father, full of grace and truth.john 1:14=i am a mean christian=if you cannot understand english or you do not know where to find it(the bible comes in all languages), do your own research.lol= i am sorry=just kidding. i cannot remember the verse=but jesus is the godhead bodily. i am too lazy to look it up!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
ammuslimThese two posts together explain it very well. Jesus was the word made flesh a part of the God head the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.One God

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(kriss)
ammuslimThese two posts together explain it very well. Jesus was the word made flesh a part of the God head the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.One God
Please forgive me for the something that i haven't know well yet.Ehm... Is itn't God wasn't flesh at all, how come Spirit can result flesh ?John 3:6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.For the answer i shall say thank you. And sorry for something wrong that i made.Best regards, Ricky WWallahu a'lam.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christ was spirit when he was spirt and flesh when he was flesh there is no contradiction here. "When ye have seen the Son, ye have seen the Father." There is only one God, but He does have the three offices, and the book of John shows you the office of Jesus, the Son of the Living God, while at the same time presenting Him as God.John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus Christ is the Living Word. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."Here we see the Living Word, the Word that became flesh and lived and walked on earth in the flesh body. The Living Word that became flesh is Jesus Christ who shed the blood of His flesh that became our covering for sin. and it was through this Living Word that we can find repentance and approach our heavenly Father in prayer. Christ is the Word, and as we saw in verse one, this Word that became flesh was in the beginning with God, He also was God. There is only one God, and that one God has three offices, His three characters. I can't explain how this can be, but I accept it as fact, for God said it, and that settles it for me

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(kriss)
Christ was spirit when he was spirt and flesh when he was flesh there is no contradiction here. "When ye have seen the Son, ye have seen the Father." There is only one God, but He does have the three offices, and the book of John shows you the office of Jesus, the Son of the Living God, while at the same time presenting Him as God.John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus Christ is the Living Word. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
John 3:6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.Well i don't know whether it can considered as contradiction or not.It just what make me confius is, if Spirit resulting spirit, but how come in John 1:14 Spirit was made flesh which mean Spirit resulting flesh (CMIIW) ?Is itn't flesh will result flesh not Spirit will resulting flesh ?(kriss)
Here we see the Living Word, the Word that became flesh and lived and walked on earth in the flesh body. The Living Word that became flesh is Jesus Christ who shed the blood of His flesh that became our covering for sin. and it was through this Living Word that we can find repentance and approach our heavenly Father in prayer. Christ is the Word, and as we saw in verse one, this Word that became flesh was in the beginning with God, He also was God. There is only one God, and that one God has three offices, His three characters. I can't explain how this can be, but I accept it as fact, for God said it, and that settles it for me
In here perhaps i can understand your description, event you said can't explain how this can be and accepted as a fact. And if i'm not mistake on the point that you gave, what your mention is about Word after became a flesh (CMIIW).Thanks for the answer
smile.gif
.Best regards,Ricky WWallahu a'lam.

ammuslim

Aug 29, 2007
Bismillah: Assalamo Alikum.Thanks for your answers, I was not actually asking for reference from the Bible about Trinity, i wanted to know your own experiences on how did you believe in such concpet without being confused. because dont tell me that Trinity is that easy to understand, it must have taken you sometimes to UNDERSTAND IT (not to believe in it). and so please share with me how do you really understands such concpet, or are you to believe in it without understanding? Thanks once again. Salamammuslim

Dave...

Aug 16, 2007
ammuslimLets take a look at the verse that you used within it's context.John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ To understand what Jesus means by "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.", you must first understand what He means by "water and the Spirit"Water and Spirit: Answer here.http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/70-14-6.htmA man with a new heart. A man born [again] of Spirit. It is in Jesus that we are born again when we are spiritually immersed [baptised] into His death and raised up with Him. This is done by Jesus with the agent of baptism being the Holy Spirit. As a side note: The "water" in the phrase "water and Spirit" from John 3:5 has nothing to do with water baptism. Water baptism outwardly symbolizes, as a public testimony and symbolic teaching, this spiritual truth that has already happened inwardly. Concerning the Trinity.Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn [first in preeminence] over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.This concept of the Trinity should not be difficult for you to understand. I need to ask you, how do you define the Holy Spirit in these verses? As another God? If not, then how?Koran [Surat 2.87] "And most certainly We gave Musa the Book and We sent apostles after him one after another; and We gave Isa (Jesus), the son of Marium (Blessed Virgin Mary), clear arguments and strengthened him with the holy spirit,..." Koran [Surat 2.253] "We have made some of these apostles to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa (Jesus) son of Marium (Blessed Virgin Mary), and strengthened him with the holy spirit...." Koran [Surat 5.110] "When Allah will say: O Isa (Jesus) son of Marium (Blessed Virgin Mary)! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit,..." Who is the "We" spoken of below? "WE created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six days." (Sura 50:3.8)Some say majesty of plurality, but this doesn't fit. http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/allah_plurality.htm Find all your answers about the Bible here.http://www.answering-islam.org/index.htmlTrinity (under "T")http://www.answering-islam.org/Index/index.html I hope this helps. If you have any questions about my post, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them.Dave

BoranJarami

Aug 26, 2007
wa'alikum asalamI hope I can answer your question well. May God, in his grace and wisdom, guide my word.I was taught about the trinity ever since I was young, but I did not realy understand it. As I studied the Bible I saw that it teaches that there is only one God. It also teaches that Jesus is God and did what only God could do, but Jesus refered the Father as a seperate. From this I knew that God must be seperate but whole at the same time. I knew it must be true but I did not understand how it could be true.Then God opened my eyes to an important truth. God is not bound to the laws of physics as we are. It is not possible for a man to be seperate and whole at the same time, but God is not a man. God can know all things. God can be in all places at the same time. God can be in all times at the same instant. God has no limits and no bounds. God can be seperate and whole al the same time, because God is God.May God guide you and bless you all of your days.

ami

Sep 3, 2007
Hi,May God guide me to say the truth. I appreciate my brothers for the clarification they gave on the oness of God and at the same time his being separate. I think God has made it clear in his word and jesus has said so at his time. Jesus was there in the creation of the earth. There is one time when he asked the ppl one shocking question and they wanted to stone him. He asked them why they call Abrham our father and he told them he was before Abrham.be blessed.God bless

ami

Sep 3, 2007
Dave thank you for the clarification and for the resources(links) you gave us.Oh Lord, i am learning something.Be blessed

ryangrom

Aug 5, 2007
My favorite verse showing Jesus is God.John 14:8-9 8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” 9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?I just thought I would share that since I saw a barrage of youtube videos of muslims trying to disprove that Jesus was God by trying to use the bible to prove otherwise.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The simplist way I can explain how I understand it that Man is a much more limited version of a 3 in 1 type We have a physical body(vessel), an inner spirit , and a Mind.We are bound by laws of Nature as Boran said God is not.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
god walked and talked with adam in the garden of eden. (physical being)jesus was the son of god born in the flesh on this earth to the virgin mary. (physical being)holy spirit dwells within the children of god. (spiritual existance)sounds like three different things to me (god, the father; jesus his son; and the holy spirit, the spirit of god.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
ammuslim,About trinity: You understand GOD... yes, Creator of everything- that's NO1.You know how we believe that God had a Son, Jesus.-That's NO2. So, God sent Jesus to die for our sins and make place in heaven for all humankind, if they believe. God sent His Son, so we can better relate to what kind of God we have and believe me, He is awesome God. And when Jesus died, and rose from dead, we needed something inside of us to continue to know God even more, because Jesus is not here in flesh to teach us anymore. So, we've got The Holy Spirit- that's NO3. We've got the Bible, GOD's Word to guide us, but we've also got The Holy Spirit in us to comfort,to teach, to guide us, to use us as vessels to heal people, to give prophecies and word of knowledge. He is practically helping us, reminding God's word in certain situations,when we need it and we don't have The Bible with us.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Ricky,We can't limit GOD, He can do what ever He wants to do. He is so much bigger than our brain can comprehend even we might think we are so smart. God's son appeared in flesh, so we could better relate to God- what kind of God He really is. Jesus has been through everything, so he can understand what we go through and He is there for us with His arms open when we need Him. He is the only way to God. Because He was without sin and we are not.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(Thunder1)
Ricky,We can't limit GOD, He can do what ever He wants to do. He is so much bigger than our brain can comprehend even we might think we are so smart. God's son appeared in flesh, so we could better relate to God- what kind of God He really is. Jesus has been through everything, so he can understand what we go through and He is there for us with His arms open when we need Him. He is the only way to God. Because He was without sin and we are not.
So you meant God can incarnate to a fases/animals (forgive me God, i'm not attend to do this on You, i'm just asking to this kind of man, may Your mercy be upon me) ?Wallaahu a'lam.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I just said, God can do whatever He wants to, you added the ugly bit yourself. My God is awesome and wonderful, glorious, victorious... John 3:16 says:"For God SO loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".

BoranJarami

Aug 26, 2007
So you meant God can incarnate to a fases/animals (forgive me God, i'm not attend to do this on You, i'm just asking to this kind of man, may Your mercy be upon me) ?
I would say yes. God could do any of this, but why would he? Just because God can do something doesn't mean that he would. Also, if he did choose to take on these forms, then they would no longer be bad. God's touch makes anything clean.may the peace of God be upon you.